2020-06-18 08:45:18

i just don't know what to say. instead of talking about if the change needs to be made lets talk about what the new ranks will be? something like playroom playgirl? or playroom playhuman. playroom c***girl. lets think about we name the new ranks.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 09:06:21

We should also change blast bay tool user because most people hate bgt and many devs including me have switched. By far that is the most offensive one.

Thumbs up +1

2020-06-18 09:28:21

and also swamp machine i don't live in a swamp

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 09:30:14

The thing is, it's not always easy to explain something so personal. Even if Haily tried, it's entirely possible that people would just tell her she's being silly all the more. Fortunately, you can read about how to drive a car or use Voiceover. Haily explaining exactly why she doesn't want to have a title that she feels misgenders her in a way people can understand and relate to is most likely not that easy.

Again, I think we can safely categorize this entire thing as a miscommunication and leave it at that. Had I understood what she was trying to ask for a little better, I for one wouldn't have come down so hard on her original post, and I was really trying not to sound too harsh as it was. Heck I probably wouldn't have bothered responding to it. So, again I apologize. We're human. Mistakes were made. Let's acknowledge that and move on.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 12:28:23

Hello there!
This is absolute bullshit.
It's sad to see people like this, just trying to tell somebody to get over with it, despite not understanding where they're coming from.
I think if the rank name is changed just for her and not anybody else, that's good1
It won't effect any of you.
But yeah, don't stick your head in somebody else's business if you don't know what they're going through which I don't think any of you do.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 12:32:31 (edited by omer 2020-06-18 12:36:10)

this can be a personnal issue but, here is the thing.
there are many girls on this forum of which i never seen them complain of the titles
that's the thing i hate about minoraty groups, weather blinds or transissioned People OR SOMETHİNG ELSE DİFFRENT
you should addapt to people, people shouldnt adapt to you
if both group does their deeds, we will live happyly to gether
speakking from blind point of view
instead of complaining and whining all day about accessibility issues, try to use something that can helpy ou, picture reading, o c r btw. you fail to watch a movie, find a described one or use your imagination at none descriptive parts using sound
its pointless
yes, people should help youu, but not change the whole shit for you
you are not special, neather someone else in the eyes of public

2020-06-18 13:08:21

you are corect

omer wrote:

this can be a personnal issue but, here is the thing.
there are many girls on this forum of which i never seen them complain of the titles
that's the thing i hate about minoraty groups, weather blinds or transissioned People OR SOMETHİNG ELSE DİFFRENT
you should addapt to people, people shouldnt adapt to you
if both group does their deeds, we will live happyly to gether
speakking from blind point of view
instead of complaining and whining all day about accessibility issues, try to use something that can helpy ou, picture reading, o c r btw. you fail to watch a movie, find a described one or use your imagination at none descriptive parts using sound
its pointless
yes, people should help youu, but not change the whole shit for you
you are not special, neather someone else in the eyes of public

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 14:20:24

Moderation:
There's been some discussion on list, and it seems as if there are enough folks willing to permit the rank change for Haily under these circumstances. I'm going to tweak it now.

Agreed re: sometimes we have to find a way around instead of complaining. But sometimes, complaining or finding fault is okay too. We don't have to just shut up and go with it. I guess everyone draws the line in different places. It's easy for me to say, for instance, that I want you to use see/watch or whatever because it is language everyone else uses, but I'm also not having my gender (which has recently changed) being impugned either, so I truly don't know what that's like.

Nocturnis, thanks for the vote of confidence. In all things, I endeavour to be balanced and as unbiased as possible. I'm human. I make mistakes. I sometimes dive head-first into arguments I'd do better to simply wait out. I've got to watch that. But this was never about shoving anything on anyone.

However, to those of you who want other titles changed in your specific instances, please bear in mind that such things will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 15:06:34

ok i will save me that if something isn't like i want it to be just start drama. thanks jaide for this usefull lesson.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 15:27:37

Soren, please don't start drama for its own sake, unless you want a bad reputation and possibly further consequences.

The moral of this whole story is not that you should just raise hell if you want something to change. The moral is that if you have a legitimate gripe with something, we'll hear you out and do what we can.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 15:57:25

Holy fuck lol. This place is getting more and more strange.
So Jayde, in all seriousness, what would you do if a black guy went ahead and complained about the business monkey rank?
I am just curious is all.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 16:04:39

If it legitimately bothered someone to be called a monkey, I'd consider that on the same level.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 16:18:17

Why is everyone getting offended so easily these days?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up +1

2020-06-18 16:32:58

@89, you're answering your own question with your own post.  Lets reverse the question; why is it necessary to post on every single subject you come across even if it doesn't concern you?  If you can own up to it and see it for what it is, then you'll have your answer, plain and simple.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 16:46:21 (edited by gerech 2020-06-18 16:57:00)

@89. It was just a thing I noticed. Everyone seems to get offended from small things on the internet.
Oh and slightly off topic, cartertemm I've sent you a PM.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 17:14:28

OKAY, I'm still reading through the toic, but @58, I'm literally watching that bloody movie right now. WTF?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-06-18 23:42:16 (edited by Simter 2020-06-18 23:45:22)

@1 that you got through with that. If i was the admin i would just say "but this is a title.". Besides you are making transgenders ridiculous by posting such stuff. And before you try to make me look like a transfob again no i am not. The only thing i hate is if transgenders (have only seen 2 and only one was like this) behave like they are the king or the queen because they have changed genders and now feel discriminated because of a fucking title.

Hay this title really needs to go because first i am not even playing swamp and second it is a missgendering because i am a man not a machine change my title right now now now now now now now now now now!

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-06-18 23:55:17

Hmm. Now I can't help but wonder if this topic should be closed as the initial request was taken care of, and most all of the other posts are just some variation of people piling on and echoing the same tired refrain of "get over yourself."

Thumbs up

2020-06-19 00:03:44

@93yes and this is a true shame. That a random user can just come and complain about a title and get changed, mee.

2020-06-19 00:19:59 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-06-19 00:24:04)

Please close the topic.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2020-06-19 00:23:35

When every one talks about closing and the fact that the people on agnet like to delete controversial treads i will snapshot this one now. Thanks for reminding i almost forgot.

2020-06-19 00:23:46

Simter, please stop. I'm asking you as a user at this point, but I don't want to put my staff hat on.

You're trying to argue that you're not transphobic, yet you're talking about how transgender people want to be king or queen or whatnot...actually, what the hell are you even talking about? Haily grumbled about a title she didn't like because it misgendered her. How in any way does this make her anything but a disgruntled user? You'll see, too, that she apologized later if she came across the wrong way; I really don't think she did, in a big-picture sense, but still.

Please don't think of this, as I've said before, as something where a person made a complaint and got a bonus. Haily's rank change lasts only until she reaches the next one, at which point she goes back to forum default. And it's really small; playroom playgirl instead of playroom playboy. Are you seriously going to tell me that you have a problem with that? If you do, then -you, in fact, are the problem, not Haily.

If nothing else, I see this as a way to be more inclusive going forward. When the ranks were created, no harm at all was intended, and there was no thought to misgendering or racial slurs or anything like that. It was generally not something anyone seemed to worry much about. But Haily has brought to our attention that this is an area which might necessitate tweaks here and there. And you know what? That's a freaking good thing. Being willing to adapt is not a bad thing. Haily isn't asking for special treatment regarding rules or any extra privileges, and she wouldn't get them even if she did ask. No one else will get them either. This is literally a matter of perhaps reducing uncomfortable content. It's a slippery slope only if you want to make it one.

Thumbs up +1

2020-06-19 00:42:39

@97 She is kinda geting special rules. When she puts the transgender masc on, she gets everything she wants (look at what happens when you call her charlie). And ok then , if this is not so much of a problem please change my name to "not playing swamp man" now. Or just "swampman" I mean isn't a big change. And jaide it was clear you where gonna try to make me look like a transfob ass. But i specifically said i am only meaning haily. There are maybe, and likely, other examples, but i mend haily at this point.

2020-06-19 00:58:12

If you can't see that using someone's deadname is a form of personal attack, that's on you. Her name is not Charlie. It's Haily.

She is getting no special rules of any kind. If she attacks someone, she gets the same treatment as anyone else. If she stirs shit up just to watch the fur fly, she'll be roundly condemned just like everyone else who's done the same thing. She succeeds or fails based on her merits as an individual and a community member, not on her gender.

You'd have done better for your rep if you were admitting to be a transphobic ass, because frankly this just reads as a borderline personal attack on Haily.

If you want to tell me why you want your name changed - considering you chose your name to begin with, and it wasn't forced on you - there's a whole thread for that, and I generally don't handle it because I never have before. If you're objecting to "swamp machine", what is the nature of your objection? Is it based on some actual form of misgendering, misattribution or persecution? Because right now, I've gotta say I doubt it. It looks to me like you're trying (and failing miserably, I might add) to make a point and to continue the dumpster fire. Well, I've had enough.

Moderation:
This thread has more than served its purpose, and is now being locked. If anyone has legitimate reason to question their rank, feel free to reach out, and we will address complaints on a case-by-case basis.

Thumbs up