2020-07-07 20:38:59 (edited by boy 2020-07-07 20:40:00)

If only my team was strong enough, I've got a long, long way to go. It's only 42. If their was another time it could happen when the team was at 100 or at least 90, I'd be all set to fight.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-07-08 02:52:31

You'd mentioned that Ghoperto looked like it was going to be one of your favorites. So I'm curious what pushes you one way or the other on that or Sylphantom. And where does Sanctisoul fit in among the favorite ghosties?

2020-07-08 03:51:08

Ghoperto works well during most of the game except bosses because its attack and speed are good, and as long as it isn't killed in one hit, it can get good defenses.
Holy+ghost is good coverage, and Sanctosole gets Attack Prayer as well.
Sylphantom is faster than Ghoperto by a little, and considerably bulkier. Insect+ghost is great coverage, plus it gets Oblivion Dance, parafuse (stunning call and smoke and mirrors) plus Broil if you want that.
I'm ready to throw down in a six-on-six brawl whenever, by the way.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-07-08 04:10:23

I was trying to play around with sleep and night terror but that 60% accuracy is just absolutely a real ninny! And then when it does land, there's a decent chance that you'll put on night terror and then it wakes up the very next round, meaning the amount of damage you get from it is exactly the same as zero. As for holy ghost, it's kinda slow isn't it? That's the turtle thing right? I think I wanna try out Angillish. All that healing it can get set up seems like it would make it quite the troll if it's not taking big damage with every hit. I've seen playthroughs where people end up spinning their wheels trying to kill this thing. Again, it's also kinda nice when all the piledrivers and powerfangs in the world don't mean shit.

2020-07-08 04:12:32

Sanctosole is mid-tier, speed-wise. Not super slow, not super fast. Sing+Night Terror has its issues, it's true, but in a longer fight where neither of you is likely to do much, it might be viable. Personally, I like Power Fang+Astral Buster+Fly; can take down damn near anything in three rounds.

2020-07-08 04:45:09

Hmm. Mortrex gets oblivion dance fairly early and somehow I missed out on that initially. I guess that would be a big part of why it didn't seem like it was doing a lot of damage on some bosses. My Ghoperto on my current playthrough finally got fly which I like.

I wonder, how trollish would it be to have a team with everyone wearing chrono cores? In a full party battle, would they all go off whenever something is killed or just the one on the mon that got the kill?

2020-07-08 05:14:27

Evidently I have not used the search feature enough, because I cannot seem to understand the undead stadium. I've beaten everyone past the water, the ice, and through the alcove on the north, along with that little pathway to the left, but I still can't find the stupid switch to lower the force field. Sorry about asking about this, but I can't seem to find it.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-08 05:27:08

You end up having to hit the first like 3 or 4 switches or something. Once all the tamers are beaten, the force field goes away. So it's probably a floor plan you haven't seen yet.

2020-07-08 05:29:46

oh. Okay. I thought I had to find a switch first. Thanks.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-08 05:30:21

I got hung up on this once as well, my first time through. I didn't fully understand that the floor plan changed on both sides. Two of the switches will actually open passages on the left-hand side of the stadium. I think there are a total of six tamers, but maybe it's five. Beat them all, and the force field drops automatically.

Chrono cores only work for the manamon who got the kill, so in a 6 vs. 6 brawl where your entire team has chrono cores, only the hit that gets the fatal damage triggers that manamon's chrono core.

2020-07-08 05:32:48

Figured out what the problem was. I reloaded a save and forgot to re-beat some tamers.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-08 08:27:24

Attempting the Hyper Tarboo fight, but I'm pretty sure I'm underlevelled.
I have one mon at Level 60, but other stuff is averaging around level 55, excluding Wavotamus, which I caught to learn Dive (xSlevel 43). Beat all seven stadiums, and have been able to get rid of the death cry machine in one turn. However, Storm Rush always seems to do a lot of damage. Probably just need to upgrade.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-08 11:08:06

Yeah. You're going to struggle at that level. My advice: go through Ascendance Path, do the master's stadium, then try again. Also, if your team has large sound, earth or water weaknesses, you're going to have a rough time. Also also, don't let the spawn machine go crazy, or you're going to find yourself with half a dozen Tarboo running around chipping your team away. I remember the first time I tried it, I killed the death cry generator right away and then just switched to pounding on the hyperizer. I was actually a bit overlevelled, and got Hyper Tarboo down to about 40%. Except...eventually I died because I think there were a total of nine Tarboo plus the hyper manamon pounding away on me. The regular ones may be much weaker, but they still add up.

On an unrelated note, I've fought the upgraded Baron Byron so many times that it's essentially lost all meaning to do so. It's just part of the grind.
But something clicked for me yesterday. You know how he has those quotes he gives when he hits certain HP thresholds? Well the second one made me burst out laughing at random.
Actual quote: You think this is over? I control you!
My interpretation: You think this is over? I can troll you!

2020-07-08 15:39:11

I now have all the stone mythicals, and I haven't jacked them to level 100 so I'm not a hundred percent sure, but here are my findings.

Brezgard: average stats in attack, defense, special attack, special defense; great speed and HP. It's faster than Sylphantom but slower than Bulderdash, if that gives any clue.
Karugard: Stone and fighting type. Amazing attack, good defenses, meh special attack, meh speed, average HP. Volanteral and Garganchan probably have higher attack, but only probably.
Draakgard: Average HP, pretty bad speed, but everything else is really good, and its ability means that critical hits won't do insane damage.

I reset for each of them till I got something usable. I didn't have the patience to go for stuff like "remarkable" in all stats, but most of them have at least two relevant stats they'll excel at.

I haven't done the Fateful Underground puzzle in months. Took me about four minutes. As long as you don't flail around and shove stones into all sorts of weird spots, it's pretty easy.

2020-07-08 17:05:36

I honestly kinda found those three somewhat underwhelming, just didn't really see anything that jumped out at me.
By the way Jayde, I sent you a PM a day plus change or so ago.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-07-08 17:18:29

I got it, and thank you.

I'm not sure what the stone mythicals learn at higher levels, but the stats are pretty good.
I think the problem is that by the point in the game when you get them, they're going to be much weaker than your team and you may very well have already finished most of the game's challenges, as I've done.
In particular, the stone dragon, which starts out slow, might actually be pretty good if it's able to set up Rolling Stone a few times to jack its speed. Its raw stats are as good as or better than Volanteral, with the same typing.

I am still down for battles, BTW. Someone just let me know. Remember, full-party brawl only. I'm not interested in playing with this game's broken switch mechanics.

2020-07-08 17:46:10

Fair point Jayde. My team relatively resists sound and water (with one that is weak to earth). I will deffinitely go to the master's stadium. By that point, I should jack up like 5 levels or so.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-08 21:58:39

Hi:

Trying to do the Fateful Underground puzzle. I'm lost though. How do I do this?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-07-08 22:16:16

I can't give you an exact step-by-step walkthrough, but here is the basic idea.

The stones are too big for you to move on your own, but have you ever noticed that if you click on one, it starts making a weird sound? That's important.
Have you noticed that at different points in the area, there are whirring items that are stationary? Those are important too.
The direction you step into those whirring things will determine the direction the rocks move. So let's say you click on the T stone, and it's busily buzzing away. Then you go and you bump against one of the whirring things by sliding across ice, and then moving downward. You hear a noise, hear the stone move.
Then all you have to do is figure out which whirring things correspond to which direction (it's fairly intuitive), and figure out how to navigate the ice in order to get around.
Pro-tip: if you don't have a good team around level 70 or even higher, and if you don't have at least two black matter blades, don't even bother with this yet, there's no point.

2020-07-09 00:54:50

So, I guess the family emblems aren't totally a bust. They help somewhat in getting better stats eventually. I just got a Luscish with remarkable across the board. It still took quite a bit of time, and I still wish we had more control of what gets passed down, but I guess it does help even if only a little bit. As for using Luscish, well, this is going to fail hugely right up to when it gets flood. Bleh.

2020-07-09 02:21:04

Got to Ascendance Path. Currently on the stairs to f3. So far, it's not as dumb as the Tangerian one.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-09 07:42:09

Well that's disappointing. It looks like the last move that the stone mythicals try to learn is...wait for it...Team Alert. That wonderful move that stops your stats from being lowered for a few turns. Seriously, I'm not sure who's going to use that move in a normal battle when they could be using that turn to switch, heal or wreck whatever you're using to do them harm. I'm not saying the move is awful, but to have these manamon all try to learn it at level 68 or so, then learn nothing till at least level 91, seems weird and wasteful. Why not give each of them a buff move, like Hone Blade or Aerial Caper or Call to Arms or some such? In a lot of cases, these manamon are going to pale to their non-mythical counterparts because the non-mythicals get moves that let them perform well. Take Bulderdash, for instance. Pure stone type, and while its moveset is extremely one-dimensional, it has exactly what it needs to succeed. Rev Up, to passively boost its speed higher every round; Stone Spin and Swift Slam, to do even bigger damage as your speed rises; Protect, to use right after Rev Up to get one free round of speed boost. And then whatever move you want last, because it doesn't matter (I took Rolling Stone, but frankly there are no great choices here). Now, something like Brezard gets Wind Force, Intimidating Stare, Rolling Stone, Stone Pyramid, Boulder Bash, Fly, Dragon Blast and Stone Storm (an air and stone move with 90 accuracy which determines its type based on whichever stat, physical or special attack, the user has more of)...and then Team Alert. I don't think I'm missing anything. I mean, that's not awful, but there isn't a lot of incentive to use a special set (no special-type rock moves by default), and Fly is two turns, with no passive damage between turns. Given a choice, I'm taking Bulderdash every single time. And with regard to Volanteral vs. Draakgard, it's not even a question. Volanteral has a better ability in Shields Up. Volanteral gets Takedown and Charge Tackle (the latter of which will jack its attack by a stage pretty reliably), plus its stone and dragon moves. And okay, fine, it's slow as dirt, and Draakgard has slightly better overall defenses, but that doesn't matter much when you don't really have much coverage outside your two types. And don't even get me started on Karugard. The only thing it does that other fighting types don't do is hit air types super-effectively, so air attacks won't do as much and won't be an OHKO. Except now it's double weak to sound, not fast enough to be a revenge killer, and relies on Boulder Bash, Power Kick and Geocombat, two of which have accuracy penalties.
Stats are nice, but I'm beginning to see why you weren't that impressed with these guys. Or maybe they'll get like four moves apiece at level 100, but somehow I doubt it. My luck, though, they will, and the moves will be Gravel Guard, Soothing Symphony, Growl and Sturdy Stone, or something silly.

2020-07-09 14:49:54

Thought Luscish getting dive might be a little bit of an improvement but it looks like it's doing exactly the same damage since it's using the weaker attack stat. Yeah this thing fails hard at first.

2020-07-09 15:03:04

Dive is neat for passive recovery when you can't get hit, but I prefer Condemn, especially for boss fights. No, you don't get free recovery turns, but you do get bigger damage, and in team fights it can really add up.

2020-07-09 15:41:50

I would have just replaced retribution as I only used that move to piss away turns when I couldn't do anything to Dyaz and I didn't need to heal or remove status. All the healing it gets kinda makes retribution very, very useless. Maybe I should have left on aqua zap, but meh, I don't really use that much either, and it'll end up being replaced anyway. Being able to grind in the cave of fates where everything is either weak to water or just dies will at least make this go by pretty fast.