2020-07-03 00:22:18

I didn't know that. To be fair, I've only bothered killing Pierre once, and if I kill him this time, with five ghosts on the team, I'll be surprised.

Speaking of which, I just beat the third stadium and the team is all level 31-32. Nothing particularly noteworthy except that Snowmonno keeps dying, Lantlare hits pretty hard with Beyond Bolt, and Echoplasm has an absolutely nasty early-game combo of Glare+Horrify+Subliminal Radio Wave. It's evil, but it's not why she's on the team. She also gets Hone Mind at something ridiculous like level 25. Seriously; all she needs to be perfectly viable is Beyond Bolt or even PsychoTrick, instead of Astral Buster.
Master Dyaz really wasn't all that hard. I put a dark shroud on Snowmonno to avoid its biggest weakness, and basically just chewed Dyaz down. I had plenty of healing items, and only needed one revive. Between paralysis and confusion, he didn't get tons of chances to hit, so the battle took awhile but ultimately wasn't that hard. And Symphonid was a joke.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-07-03 01:25:09

bad news about hechoplasm. It doesn't learn any special ghost move, just shadow sphere. Beyond bolt would be really good for it. I wonder wy an undead feline can learn it but not banshreek.

2020-07-03 04:18:46

Well, my tema are all level 100, so I guess the EXP won't matter all that much. My problem is I can't remember where all the damn hyperforms are. As for the Paladin bosses, who knows.

2020-07-03 05:11:22

Zuckuss, look up the hyper forms and you will find them. Did you cheat to get your manamon to level 100, BTW, or did you just grind master stadium over and over again? Did you even beat the game before getting to level 100?

2020-07-03 05:30:06

No no no, I imported my manamon from manamon 1, and they were already at level 100 from the first game. The import feature is awesome!

2020-07-03 06:39:31

It's interesting to see the things my team just bulls through and the places where I get hung up. My old favorites took quite a bit more damage on the bosses, but tore through the tamers and stadiums fairly easily. These are Grandlan, Guerrerrol, Deciced, (crystal slash on Grandlan makes this one redundant I think) Mondevol, (doesn't seem as good in this version) Sacroloon, and Mortrex. (Is there a better ghost? Ghost and shadow kind of cancel each other out, and a piece of equipment gets rid of the weakness to holy, which is why I like this one.) My Manamon 2 team did okay in the stadiums, kinda stumbled through parts of the master stadium, and tore through the bosses. These are Mightauras, Fowlusion, Sirenea, Mantasteel, Holy Cow, and Sylphantom. I want to like the angel pendant on one of these, but 5% hp a round doesn't sound like a whole lot.

2020-07-03 08:24:58

5%HP doesn't sound like a lot, no, but on something bulky, it adds up. Leftovers in the pokemon franchise have been an excellent item since gen 2, and they heal 1/16 of your max HP, or 6.25%, every round. Kamadeir or Sylphantom would probably benefit pretty well from them, since both have decent HP. I bet it would be even better on Tarboo. It's just too bad the whale gets mostly bad moves.

Just about to do Ogma's house, and the team is all level 38-39. The shadow stadium leader damn near killed me, but eventually I brought Ghoperto in, got hit for more than half health, used Regroup to sharply raise both defenses since that's what his ability does, then tanked stuff to death. Really waiting on Fly though, since Wind Force is using the lower special attack stat. Banshreek is an excellent nuke that has five-move syndrome (i.e., it gets a lot of good useful moves but it can't use them all), but also suffers because it never gets a special ghost move, ever, and that's not acceptable. Lantlare is a great ghost type, since ghost-flame covers a lot and it gets both Torch and Beyond Bolt. Snowmonno is exactly what you'd expect, a glass cannon; mine just learned Frigid Touch. Sylphantom has Beyond Bolt now, and in a couple of levels it'll get Swarm Storm, which will give it a potential endgame moveset of Beyond Bolt, Swarm Storm, Broil, Smoke and Mirrors, Oblivion Dance.
So if you don't like Mortrex anymore, try Pandourbit, Lantlare or even Banshreek. If you feel Mondevol has sort of outlived his usefulness, use Dussoket, since it still wrecks faces.

2020-07-03 14:18:50

Pates, in the impressions threat, so long ago said the Pierre fight was bugged.
Yeah but only if you have an artisoul and/or banshreek on your team.
I didn't test bringing a banshreek to the fight.
But I tested that with artisoul. If you've got it, the game is going to throw a BGT runtime error at you when Pierre is about to select a move.
@Jayde, would you be a banshreek tester for me? I just don't feel like starting the game over only for such a silly purpose.
The rest of this post contains spoiler-ish tricks, so you can skip it using the h key.
It's also possible to get the stone mythicals before the post-game.
You are required to have a monster that can dive under water, a lv 60 monster and atleast 5 keys to access the hyper tarboo.
You can really destroy it if you have hard-hitting monsters to destroy the death cry generator and dodderator (preferably brain wersion).
As for trio guardian, I believe mightauras can do the trick alone.

2020-07-03 17:36:14

Mightauras probably can, though it will take you for freaking ever. The point is, though, that you're through most of the game before you can use the mythicals, unless you port them over from a prior save or some such, but then you're playing most of the game with horribly overlevelled mons, and that's just not fun. I get it, but it's still a bit sad.

About to start Eternity Studio and the team is all level 45-46. I find I'm having the most trouble with water types thus far. Resist sound, resist ice, resist flame. And if your name is Angillish, you also get to resist ghost. What fun. Holy types definitely got a pretty big buff this generation, because they used to be weak to undead and ghost but now resist both.

2020-07-03 18:03:14

Yeah, and those types are actually quite common. Poison, shadow and sound still kind of suck IMO. I feel like holy and shadow should be super effective against one another, rather than holy also resisting shadow. I know that is how it used to be with undead and ghost, which was part of the reason why holy was a pain to work with, but I feel like shadow has more weaknesses and is only super effective against two types right now.

2020-07-03 18:59:19

Shadow is immune to magic though, resists undead (I believe it does, anyway), and is neutral against a pile of stuff. I agree that holy and shadow should be weak to one another, but I guess the time to talk about this was, like, November. lol

2020-07-03 19:39:04

Hi:

Are there any reasons why shadow should be effective against holy? I'm not sure I understand.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-07-03 20:08:34

Shadow is only currently effective against magic and ghost, and is weak to fighting, insect, holy and poison. It's kind of unbalanced a little bit that way.
The idea of shadow and holy being able to hurt each other a lot...well, if you consider them similar to light and dark, then it makes sense that they're constantly at war and would be able to influence or hurt one another. It doesn't make sense that holy should have the advantage here, and shadow should get the short end of the stick. I'd also like to see shadow stop being super-effective against ghost (only neutral), and be super-effective against standard, believe it or not.

2020-07-03 20:22:30

Man, my team from manamon 1 tore up the hyperforms and the stadiums! And before anyone asks, it was not due to cheating. I have 100-level team from the first game which I imported. Considering how the stadiums are in the 90s when you challenge them again, it's not too much of a stretch to have a level 100 team to compete against them.

2020-07-03 20:53:59

I actually stil had some troubles, so good luck and be careful.

2020-07-03 21:14:23

I will say that when dealing with the hyperform in the water, it helps to have a couple dudes with earthquake or mudslide. These moves allow the hitting of multiple targets, thereby destroying the machines.

2020-07-03 22:00:31

@Jade, I get what you're saying. What I've never understood was why shadow should be weak to poison, but I guess that's more of a game balance thing. Why should shadow be supereffective against standard though?

An idea that's been kicking around my brainpan for a while ... why not have type affinities as well as type advantages? For example, Dragomier is a dragon air flame type. Why not have it so that flame and air complement each other; flame needs air and is stronger with it than otherwise, let's say. And since dragons use flame, so having flame have a type affinity to dragon would be interesting. feel free to shoot this one down with a .50-calibre round if it sounds like garbage. smile

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-07-03 22:03:00

well, the Hiper tarboo is meant to be faced with level 70 at the most, so with level 100 manamon...

2020-07-04 01:10:45

That's not a bad idea, but then the manamon who don't have those affinities are even more screwed over. Unless there are a lot of them.

Shadow being weak to poison is more throwing poison a bone, since steel is immune to it, and several other types resist it. I believe that p oison is only super-effective against plant and shadow, maybe insect as well? That's...not a lot, really. Poison types are a bit better in this game, but still not great.

2020-07-04 01:36:19

LOL it's supposed to be at most level 70? Oops, well, oh well I guess. It was still kinda fun though. I love being able to wreck something in 5-6 hits or less!

2020-07-04 02:19:45

Yeah, I guess taking all the strategy out of a strategy-based fight is cool if all you want to do is win. That's sort of like playing chess with fifteen queens when your opponent only has one.
I actually quite like that hyper Tarboo fight. I have done it as low as level 60 with the right team, but it's very difficult at that level. 65-70 is usually what I manage. Ditto the angel and Byron rematches.

2020-07-04 02:26:48

Yep, I like tearing things up. Strategy, to me, is overrated.. The best plan to me is survival.

2020-07-04 03:35:08

I'm a bit overleveled through a lot of the game but not so much so that everything dies in one hit or somehow less. There's still some challenge and strategy, otherwise the game would be pretty dull. I can't see how reducing it down to a game of beep would be a lot of fun. I try to have more than what is necessary, because the reverse isn't a lot of fun either. If I can help it, I try not to be the guy who has to use 100 healing herbs and revive my entire team several times over with each fight with every tamer. That's surely epic, but it's boring. On the other hand, nuking a boss in a couple of hits would likewise be boring as fuck.

2020-07-04 04:21:49

Agreed, Derekedit. Currently just hit Requia and am about to get into barren underground, and my team is 47-50. That's actually a little high for me, but I haven't been grinding excessively, and I'm going to have fits with at least one of the stadiums coming up after Requia. I won't be fighting wild encounters anymore because most of my team wrecks most of what's in Requia's various areas, and I don't want to be, like, level 60 before I hit final protocol. I prefer some strategy in my strategy games, honestly.

Also, if and when I ever get around to working on my own RPG, I have decided that I'm going to do everything I can, within reason, to prevent cheating. I'll have to talk to some folks, if it comes to that point, to see what I can do. If you can have all your stats and levels maxed whenever you feel like it, or can have an enormous amount of items or gold, you're not playing the game the way it was intended to be played, and if I can stop you from breaking it, by god I will. I intend to work very hard on game balance, reasonable difficulty, ease of access, the whole package, to ensure that the game's difficulty curve is gentle enough that you won't find yourself getting trashed unreasonably by bad RNG really early in the game and such. When you win a tough boss battle, I want it to be because you worked out how to do it, and had the legitimate tools, not because you brute-forced it. I mean, technically, you can probably over-level and that might do it, but I've also considered scaling exp, so you get less exp from stuff as you get stronger, meaning it's a matter of diminishing returns eventually.

Incidentally, I'm a big chess player, and I think we desperately need more actual strategy games. I can't count how many times even good tamers, like stadium leaders and bosses, have had terrible AI. They'll hit me with a super-effective move, then switch for no reason to a move that does no damage at all. Or they'll have a move that will hit me hard, and just choose never to use it. AI in the manamon series is really quite basic, and it shows. I mean, it's not as bad as pokemon's gen 1 AI, where Blaine regularly uses super-potions on full-health pokemon and stuff...but yeah, it's fairly bad.
Also also? I have a Dark Shroud on Snowmonno, and its new favourite meal is Vishthaugh, which should by all rights kill it in one hit. But because Vishthaugh's only moves are holy...epic fail, guy.

2020-07-04 04:34:24

Oh wow, do I need some help. I made it to catacombs f5, and I keep ending up back at the stupid staris to f4. Can anyone give me some tips on where to go to progress? Thanks.