2020-07-01 22:01:02

A week in the hospital and 200 messages here; just wow.
BTW, I had a lot (really a lot) of time to think in there, and I want to try to do an experiment, a manamon league like tournament.
The thing is that I ddon't know if enough peopple would be interested. I can say for sure that atleast 3 peopple from the spanish comunity woul participate, including myself. I know that the online battle sistem is not as good as it could be, but with some rules maybe we can have a good tournament like experience, or atleast peopple to battle with.
I have to write down the rules first, but wanted to see if there was interest on it.

2020-07-01 23:37:35

That sounds fun, but I can only participate on weekends do to college and work.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-07-02 03:05:15

So, best/favorite holy type? I'm still thinking Sacroloon here. Holy cow has a lot of hp and can nuke but Sacroloon is faster and can do more.

2020-07-02 03:34:25

So right now I'm at the music hall. Is family heart and one other item worth it though? I don't want to sit all day mashing my keyboards to get a good rhythm.

2020-07-02 04:05:02

For me? No, not really.
Because Family Heart and Gene Emblem do not pass your best stats, only 3 or 4 random stats, so really it's only useful if you've already got something with pretty good stats and want to slightly speed up the process to get something as good or better. I mean, it's better than nothing, but if the music hall really gives you fits, I'd say don't worry about it.

I actually really liked Sanctosole for a holy type. It's got its problems (HP is not too hot, special defense is a bit low, and it takes awhile to get going) but it is surprisingly effective against quite a few things. Probably my favourite overall is Angillish, with Flood, Righteous Rend, Condemn, Restoring Light and Rehydrate, and an Angel Pendant. In a long fight, this thing has crazy-good healing potential.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-07-02 04:40:51

Ah that's one I've overlooked. Whenever I see them I usually feast on them with Guerrerrol. Don't you have to wait to transform it until like 49 or something so you don't miss out on righteous rend or flood or some other good move? It was mentioned before but I seem to remember it being something like that. Never tried Sanctosole either.

2020-07-02 05:12:15

Thanks Jayde.

2020-07-02 05:27:21

I believe you get Flood at 43, and if you transform instantly, you also get Righteous Rend...so yeah, Luscish is weak as hell for awhile, but it does work out. I don't know if Guerrerrol gets better moves in manamon 2 but it was one of the better mons in the first game, as long as you kept it away from air attacks.

2020-07-02 05:49:24

Not to mention toxic storm... *shudders*

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-07-02 05:57:26

Well toxic storm I think is air, which plant and fighting are both weak to, and poison, which plant is weak to. So yeah that's pretty much an instant kill. Guerrerrol gets sucker punch. It's weaker than power kick, but doesn't miss, and is yet another way to yank health from your opponent and heal yourself.

2020-07-02 07:03:59

Is that the only new move it gets? Just Sucker Punch? I mean, it didn't need a ton of upgrades to make it viable, since I think it worked well already, but still.

I'm just starting my ghost run, BTW. Just finished the power plant and the team is all level 22, which is probably overkill (they started this run at 21). Nothing interesting so far.

My dragons are gone. BlindNinja has them all.

2020-07-02 07:13:16

There are probably others, but sucker punch is the only one I can think of as it's a massive improvement from the attack missed, the attack missed, the attack missed.

2020-07-02 09:18:24

Yeah. Power Kick really needs to be 100% accurate, in truth. There aren't many fighting moves that are 100% accurate (Mighty shuriken is neat, and it's special type). Fury Power is great, but it lowers your defenses. Power Punch is decent and all, but only 60 power. I'd say make Power Kick 85 power and 100 accuracy, personally, because having your provided usable STAB miss approximately fifteen percent of the time is simply not acceptable.

2020-07-02 13:30:31

It was also weak to ice as well.

2020-07-02 15:14:46

It's weak to ice but faster than every ice type except for maybe Arctana, and ice is weak to fighting. Power kick is a strong move, provided it doesn't miss.

2020-07-02 15:21:38

As far as I know, no second generation fighting Manamon get power kick, which is sad. Kangachan? No sign. This is a kangaroo. Kangaroos kickbox. giganatan? Nope. which is just plain sad. It's best moves are all going to compromise it in some way--fury power, hyperbreaker, etc.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-07-02 18:06:48

Kangachan gets the elemental punches, but because those are not pure fighting moves, they often cause problems for it. Blaze Punch is probably the best of the lot overall, since it utterly murders steel and ice types even more than it would have before. Spark Punch will wreck Arctana, but that's pretty much it; fighting and electric aren't super-compatible types. And then Ice Punch...same deal, really. Ice and fighting aren't super-compatible; many things resistant to one are weak to the other. They're neat ideas and all, but I think pokemon did it right when they made those moves actually match the element they start with (ice punch = ice, spark punch = electric, blaze punch = flame). Oh well.

2020-07-02 22:00:22

OK all, I need a bit of help. I have finished the main game! I have challenged 3 stadiums again so far. What else in the postgame is there to do, aside from catching mythicals, which I have no interest in at this point. I thought I heard about challenging the hypers again? Thanks.

2020-07-02 22:11:19

I think there's an entire postgame guide somewhere. The search feature will certainly point you towards it if you try hard enough.

2020-07-02 22:18:11

I know there is a guide about catching mythicals, but I wasn't able to locate anything else.

2020-07-02 22:26:16

You mean you didn't see anything about fighting eternity angel, hyper symphonid, barren Byron or Andromeda? Pretty sure you weren't looking too terribly hard in that case, since there's been a ton of talk about it.

Curious though: why are you not interested in catching mythicals? The way you unlock them is actually pretty interesting in this game. I haven't seriously tried any of the three stone mythicals on a team - seriously, getting them in the postgame and being unable to breed them means you really can't play through the game with them, which seriously gets in the way of their usability IMO - but one of them - I misremember which - actually looked pretty neat. I am going to have three gammanets by the end of this run, though, and I'm going to catch each stone mythical until I get decent stats (this will probably take forever and a day) and then actually use life tonics and give them a fair showing, because there is precious little info on them thus far.

2020-07-02 22:34:50

Like I said, I knew you could challenge some of the hyperforms again, but I wasn't sure which ones. I went looking for the hyperform in the powerplant, but he wasn't there. I just don't have the patience to try and catch the mythicals. It's just a hastle to me.

2020-07-02 23:23:39

I never bothered to get more than one gammanet. I think Aaron has taken a lot of the frustration out of catching the mythicals with the new nets in this game. At least I don't remember having to bring a billion giganets and use paralyze and sleep and just hope for the best like you have to do in the first game.

2020-07-02 23:35:34

I had my ghost team bring gammanets from my last playthrough, so after getting the one in the story I'll have three. I did it precisely so I can do what I stated above.

Looking up "hyper form" in search probably would have given you an idea who was available to fight. I'd start with Byron/eternity angel, see if you can handle those. Hyper Tarboo is also worth fighting even if you don't plan to use the goo you get after killing it (fun fact, a bug made it possible to find the goo without fighting the whale in previous versions). You can then go through a cycle where you fight two hyper forms (I ignore Symphonid because it takes awhile to go find it and I don't like that area), go back to Kiarre, do the master stadium, go to Requia, rinse, repeat. You are probably going to have trouble clearing the seven stadiums before level 90-95, depending on your team. If you can make it through the catacombs to Takini Ruins, there are also a few one-time fights with some good rewards. The last of them is probably the hardest fight in the game, but if you play your cards right and win, you get insane amounts of experience and gold.

2020-07-02 23:58:18

@jayde
Fun fact, I can't actually remember if this has been mentioned on here before, but apparently you can actually decay dust Pierre and make him kill himself with recoil damage, as long as you can protect. Artisoul could probably do it with a dark shroud to stop holy smoke... decay dust, aura guard/potions, protect and inner healing.
This is just off the Japanese audiogame wiki, haven't tested it myself but sounds potentially amusing to see.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.