2020-06-14 15:02:07

Hello,
I'm Felicia Prehn. I'm a blind accessibility advocate. Some of you may have listened to one of my lectures or have heard of me from other places. 
I joined the team working on Sana: Interactive Stories a few months ago. We launched the app a few weeks ago, and I personally tried to ensure that it was as accessible as possible.  At present, the app has adjustable text sizes and line spacing, night mode, and the ability to be used with only one hand.  I heard from one blind friend that his screen reader on his Samsung phone had occasional trouble with the app, and I was hoping that maybe some of you could maybe try and let me know if this is a constant issue.
We will soon be doing quite a large update in which we will add a writing tool. This tool will allow anyone to upload their own interactive fiction stories. It would be very cool to have some blind and low-vision writers in the app! I will let you know when the beta for that begins, if anyone wants to join. 
You can download the app here.
Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … nteractive 

Apple: https://apps.apple.com/fi/app/sana-inte … 1491483301

2020-06-14 15:23:18

Greetings:
Thanks for this, and for working to make this blind accessible. I got it on my samsung s9 plus just now and began to play a story. It works ok, except in game, the text is split into so many chunks, making one have to constantly swipe right to read the next few words before needing to swipe again. Strangely, other games have the complete opposite problem, where all current text as well as new text are bunched together making one have to listen to the old text before they get to the outcome of their decission, and I wish I knew why so that I could make the appropriate suggestions to developers of those appsbut I digress. It would help a ton if these text entries were all in one, or perhaps a couple sections for the more lengthy entries. Anyway, I look forward to trying more of this when I'm more awake and alert. Thanks again.

Regards

2020-06-14 17:08:02

Hi.
I would be able to download this on both platforms, but I wander if there's a way to allow the app to read the output using your tts voice?
Also, Could you add the ability for downloading the stories to your phone, creating different story series, letting people follow your story, letting people post text and audio comments etc?
That's assuming they're not already there.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2020-06-14 23:11:46

I would suggest also posting this to "applevis.com" and r/blind.  You may also be able to join the Blind Android Users Facebook Group since no rules exclude asking for help testing.

2020-06-15 01:58:23

Ooh, thanks for posting, always up for new interactive fiction apps. Just downloaded the iOS version, will update once I’ve played with it a little.

2020-06-15 06:29:32

Hello. I just tested the iOS app.
The navigation tabs on the bottom are not accessible. They have no label. The only announced tab is Home, and it happens because VoiceOver guesses the text.
And yes, some stories definitely are divided in too small chunks, maybe because of the word-wrap or something similar.

But the conclusion is absolutely positive, I love story games and it's always a pleasure to discover more of them. smile

Write me on FB, that's the best way to contact me right now. :)

2020-06-18 04:16:06

This is great! I hope it gets even more fleshed out as an authoring tool. Could I import my nearly completed Choice Script game?

The tabs at the bottom are not labeled though.

Journalist and gamer

2020-06-25 10:46:44

Thork wrote:

This is great! I hope it gets even more fleshed out as an authoring tool. Could I import my nearly completed Choice Script game?

The tabs at the bottom are not labeled though.

Hey. We're doing a beta test for the writing tool soon. If you'd like to sign up for that, you can here: https://mailchi.mp/10thmuse/betatest

2020-06-25 10:47:40

vlajna95 wrote:

Hello. I just tested the iOS app.
The navigation tabs on the bottom are not accessible. They have no label. The only announced tab is Home, and it happens because VoiceOver guesses the text.
And yes, some stories definitely are divided in too small chunks, maybe because of the word-wrap or something similar.

But the conclusion is absolutely positive, I love story games and it's always a pleasure to discover more of them. smile

Hey! Thanks for all of this. I've passed it on to our programmer and hopefully we can figure out why the tabs are giving people trouble.

2020-06-27 09:13:50

Hello.
Would this app be available on the UAE appstore?
I'm really excited about this.