2020-06-01 10:57:31

Since noone started this Topic until now, I thought i'd do it.

What are you guys up to? How do you guys feel?

As for me, I just finished my final exam which I briefly talked about in the last monthly Chat Topic.
I will get my grades next monday, but I already know that I made it.
This is because of certain regulations which were introduced because of the coronavirus pandemic.
So because of this, I´have Holidays until University starts, but I hope I won't become bored.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-06-01 11:12:14

I feel fine. Been mostly studying, eating, talking to relatives and some other friends and playing Soul Calibur 2, May was actually pretty dam boring, basically nothing's going on.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-01 12:44:31

Wow love soul calibur, 2, I have it on my gamecube, I've not played for quite a long while, but I definitely had fun with it.
For me, there's not much to report. Unfortunately, Mrs. dark's scan is still hovering like the sword of damocles, so things aren't fun for us, and that's aside from corona, all the trouble that's going on in the states right now following yet more racist police atrocities, and everything else.

Actually on the corona front, I admit we're both worried about the easing of lockdown over here, since many people are thinking it's too soon.
On the plus side, I continue writing, playing cosmic rage, and having fun, even did a bit of voice acting yesterday for a hopefully cool project, so not everything is completely grim at the least.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-01 13:33:25

@3 damn, hope everything will get well.
now: here in june 15th our online classes are ending, yeeess'ss'ss'!
if you want truth, i am really tired for beeing in house, online classes, etc.
i miss my school friends, so i am happy cause june came! then july, august, and hope in september school will start.
Btw i am playing only survive the wild at the moment, because it's only game whitch can get me out from boredom

Yours kindly

2020-06-01 22:27:36 (edited by Aron Leppik 2020-06-01 22:28:28)

(haha)! Classes end on June 5 for us and school starts again on September 1st. @Dark hope the scan's gonna have good results and I hope that MRS Dark's gonna get well. You still have your Gamecube, that's awesome. I play sc2 on my Wii because that has GCN backwards compatibility.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-06-01 23:14:52

I had no idea these topics could be created and made automatically sticky.
As for me, I have been exercising and doing what I mostly did before this all started.. and becoming disturbed at how everything is turning out to be... all this situation with George Floyd and whats going on the rest of the world because of this.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-06-02 07:20:05

Tuesday, June 02, 2020
how these days passed so fast! hi!

2020-06-02 14:47:56

Well, here the rain has come early, usually we do not receive the rainfall until after June 15.

But then again, there have been two cyclones in just 15 days, one of them caused massive damage to Colkata, and another one is coming at Maharashtra.

Thankfully, I live as far from the see as you can get, so cyclones won't be causing me any troubles. but as a result, rain came early this year.

Also, an army of locusts invaded here, and who knows how much trouble they would cause.

Honestly, with the coronavirus, locusts, and everything from the news of world war 3 starting early in the year, (Though I think that one was a exajuration, though you can't be sure with the current climate,) 2020... is simply not the year which it was portrayed within the media at all.

Considering that 2050 is also heavily portrayed just like the 2020, I shutter to think what problems we might face by that point.

@Dark:
You are not alone about the situation regarding lockdown. But you know what? India has many trouble regarding this.

First, most of the labors have left, or are leaving, some of them literally are walking thousands of kilometers! companies are laying jobs left, right, and center.

So, either you start the economy, or face massive problems. (I of course, speak strictly for India, I don't know exactly how things are in the UK.)

One thing which I would say though. the lockdown strategy of India... was very badly executed.

2020-06-03 02:38:18

I finally finished university exams for the year, and now I have a glorious summer of... I'm not sure, really. Waiting for the next academic year, I guess. I get my grades in the middle of the summer and I'm being tenatively hopeful. I had to do an alternative to an exam which was... remarkably similar to an exam, except that it was open book and I had 24 hours to do it in. Sigh. I'm glad it ended.

Also, I remembered that I wanted to get back into audiogames because I used to have a lot of fun with them, so, ah, ta-da. In the meantime between when I fell off of it and now, I spent a year working in web development and then went on to start university.

@Aron Leppik, @Juliantheaudiogamer: Good luck with your results!

@Dark: I'm also kind of worried about the easing of the lockdown. I live in Wales now, which is being much more restrictive than the English government, generally speaking, but it still seems to have to follow in the English government's steps, which I think means things are going faster than the Welsh politicians would like. I am also concerned for other people moreso than myself.

@Dark Eagle: I think 2020 is actually a lot like the 2020 depicted in the media, except that it's "dystopian 2020" and "flying cars 2020" at once and mixed together... with all the recent news, I hadn't heard that there were cyclones in India. I guess it's good you're not near them. Over where I am, it was massively rainy for weeks and weeks before an immediate dry spell that has left the grass outside dried-out and spiky, so it's possible that the rain being early doesn't mean it will stay early, but I'm not sure if that would be a good thing or not.

Prehistoric terror.
My github.

2020-06-03 14:00:09

Hi!
I am fine
I play sindome for now.

2020-06-04 13:45:32

@Dino:
I am really glad that we don't have flying cars. I mean people can barely drive strait on the road, can you imagine the damage they would cause in the air?

The cyclone did not do much damage, aside from giving more material to politicians to snipe at each other, what a stupid species they are... wait, I am the same species as them!

Also, the weather has been overcast for past three days here, while this has given relief from the heat, I really hate the overcast weather, as well as the rain.

No, I don't hate rain per see, I just hate the resulting decrease in temperature from it.

In other good news, my programming teacher contacted me, and he said that he'll teach me online. This means my plans of getting some projects, as well as some experience, is back on track, if delayed for two months.

2020-06-04 14:10:09

Hi,

@Dark: Good luck! I hope everything turns out okay.
@dino: Thanks, I'll get the results on Monday.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-06-04 21:33:19 (edited by Dark 2020-06-04 21:33:45)

Well we don't have flying cars, but given that the UK government have now given approval for car show rooms to open again after lock down, we will probably have virus cars instead big_smile.

What is doubly scary, is that whilst the government are insisting rate of new corona cases have fallen to a safe level, some local council officials have pointed out that that only counts the country as a hole, not individual areas.
Suffice it to say, since for Mrs. Dark to have the scan to confirm the radio therapy did it's thing means her going into hospital, we're actually hoping to get that sorted before we have a second wave of infections, which is pretty inevitable, and after that continue with the lockdown ourselves until we actually hear more evidence that it is safe, as in fact a lot of people are doing, (apparently though the government are reopening primary schools on the fifteenth of June, only a third of parents are actually sending their children, and I honestly can't blaime them).

Then we have a few protest marches in London in Sympathy with the protests in America. No question about solidarity with the protests being a good thing as far as stamping out racism goes, but maybe not quite as good considering lockdown big_smile.

So, all in all things are rather crazy, and amidst all of that of course Mrs. Dark is still worried about having cancer.

Other than that, I've been getting back into Cosmic rage, we're also reading the next October Daye novel together by Seanon McGuire. These have been a really good urban fantasy series about a half fey private investigator in San Francisco.

the series has generally been good, but the main character has been getting more and more arrogant and full of herself for the last few books, especially with the way that the initially complex universe of the books has now basically turned into a black and white world where anyone who goes against her is in the wrong.
Really, if it wasn't for an awesome supporting cast, the books would be almost unreadable, though I don't think this one will be getting a good mark out of me when I give it a review.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-04 23:08:50

Hi all. Don’t really know any of you yet, (just signed up on Monday after years of lurking), but glad to hear you’re doing relatively well under the circumstances. As for me, I’m still at home. No word yet on when my office plans to re-open, though we’re supposed to reach Phase 2 of re-opening next week so hopefully soon. Meanwhile, I’ve been enjoying mostly gorgeous weather, making home-baked bread for the first time, agonizing over the news, and having mostly civil discussions with more conservative family and friends. As for games, my old fave Dice World’s been keeping me busy, as has Galactic Colonies, though the fact we still can’t accessibly harvest asteroids annoys the crap out of me. I’ve also finally gotten into MUDS over quarantine, and might have a slight Triad City addiction. Also created a char in Cosmic Rage, though she’s been woefully neglected this past week. Should prob check in on her.

2020-06-05 08:19:36

Read about the cyclone that hit Bangladesh and India in the news, didn't it kill something like 80 people? Also, east Africa has been having issues with locusts and I think I remember reading somewhere that because their numbers are growing they'll expand to India, so I'm curious if that's related.
We have a similar situation with schools here, the government is reopening them but a lot of parents are keeping their children home. Which they are allowed to do if they can arrange for their education to continue at home (in practice though I doubt all of them can so those kids will likely fall behind). We're also easing restrictions even though our number of new infections are growing rapidly. It's mostly for economic reasons, a hard lockdown just isn't sustainable. I suspect most developing countries are in a similar situation, whether you have a massive outbreak or an economic collapse it's going to be a disaster either way.

2020-06-05 10:25:39

@15:
There have been two cyclones in last 15 days which hit India, one of which was around western region, which is where Bangladesh is situated, the another one was at the Maharashtra, where the Mumbai is.

As for the deaths, I am not clear about it. media... is not covering this at all.

Also, cases are not stopping here at all, instead they are increasing. So, I overall think that the lockdown failed, since the cases just kept rising, and not even for one day we were able to reduce it.

I suppose that is what happens when you lock the country with no warning or planning, give stupid instructions, and try to fight the virus with political slogans.

2020-06-05 19:52:48 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2020-06-05 19:53:25)

the media covered that briefly here, announcing that on this month a tropical storm and cyclone season was starting. And, among other things, I am super excited because my colleague friends and I (and anyone else who wants to join) will be having a virtual jam in about a couple of hours... even though I have been doing this almost weekly for the past month, for some reason and with a bit of strategy, more and more people are catching on  that this exists, so today will be sort of an informal concert. Best part is that I will transmit it as well using icecast so it works with everything, even the chrome browser.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-06-07 22:42:58 (edited by wing of eternity 2020-06-08 18:46:14)

Hello, guys, I picked up a book series those wekks from an author that now I get to admire. It's non other then Roger Zelazny, I am not sure if any of you had read anything by him, but if you did tellme. I began his known series the chronicles of Amber with 10 books in total, I think.
I have to say the first 2 books didn't strike me that much, but what do I know. At the third book the sighn of the unicorn I realised how wrong I was... I like this author because he can bland seemlessly ancient and modern ideas in to his story sometimes  ample miths, which I like to have in my books. I mostly like something with a mythical admosphere when possible. He does use many types of mythologies in his works like:indian, norce, egiption, and greek, to name a fiew. Often times his work seems to have some philosophical questions or ideas in iit, like in this series in the form of the protagonist, Corwin, which is capable along with his family to travel between shadows. He also creates some characters ither being god like, but transforming himself in to a human in a way or vice versa. I like this ideea of someone being nither a god nither a human, and by that being unique and regected by his pears, in those instances questions of mortality arise. If anyone can recommend me books like those I would appretiate it.
@dark if you can review this series on your profile I will read it, since I would like to here your thoughts on the series, I would like to here anyones thought about it really. smile

I am now at book 3, and the series in my eyes was very short the books are.
1. 9 princes in ambar
2. the guns of avalon
3 the sighn of th eunicorn
4 the hand of oberon
5 the corts of chaos
Of course there ate other 5 books but I don't know anything about them since they folow another character.

---
"A good ruler gives the goblet to his servants. He never drinks from it himself. The servants need his glory. He does not cary the flame alone.
For a spark does not lit the flame, but the spirit holds it in place. Forgeting that leads one to destruction.
(Enhemodius before the Altar of the Broken)"

2020-06-09 14:10:59

Hi guys,

I got my final exam results yesterday. I have a 1 (the best grade in Austria) in all subjects that were part of the final exam except for Maths ( I have a 3 there). This means I have passed with distinction.
I am very proud of These results and hope I haven't annoyed anyone by constantly Talking About exams and Things like that.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-06-09 16:53:10

for me a few days ago I got my Moto G Styllus and I like the phone so far.

2020-06-09 17:11:21

@Dots on a page, my lady is having similar issues with her rather conservative family at the moment, indeed it's a little odd for me given that in Britain whilst we certainly have conservatives, really highly conservative attitudes are rarer, I remember the occasion just before we got married when my lady's parents' priest told us that any problems in Marriage were usually the man's fault because women usually stayed at home, and that the reason he didn't hit his own wife was because he "walked in the path of God", , and was appauled by the fact that we wanted to be confirmed as "husband and wife", not "man and wife."

In credit to him, when we pretty much rewrote his entire wedding service (removing all the bits about the man being hunter and woman being queen of the house), he actually went along with things, even though it clearly wasn't what he usually did.

I'm relieved that the UK government apparently have backed off on opening schools so early which is good.
Unfortunately, this week is really rather stressful because of what's looming on Saturday, which is less a good thing. I've started game of thrones season 3 (nothing like cheering yourself up by watching a massive amount of violence, murder and backstabbing (often literally), and have been banging out book reviews as normal, whilst playing cosmic rage, albeit my efforts to get published are sort of failing at the moment due to most editors being arse holes.

2020-06-10 17:12:09

@dark very well, I don't know what's coming suterday, in my case I am sure that it will be  movie day! as for reading I am still going on the same series as before the chronicles of Amber this time book 5 the last in the original series. Basicly this series has alot of traiders and betrayers given the nature of this machiavelian family from Amber in which the only good guy seems to be the protagonist Corwin. As for the others all wer fighting for power and grabing for the throne, but as the series progresses they fordge different alliances across the shadows,since they can travel through shadows which are kind of paralel worlds that's why they are an infinit number of them.
But by there power they can alter them by morfind detailes and depending of what details they change they go  ferder  away from Amber the shadows become more grotesc, and depending what details you change from the world you can go farder away or from Amber.

---
"A good ruler gives the goblet to his servants. He never drinks from it himself. The servants need his glory. He does not cary the flame alone.
For a spark does not lit the flame, but the spirit holds it in place. Forgeting that leads one to destruction.
(Enhemodius before the Altar of the Broken)"

2020-06-11 02:21:40

Sending up prayers for your lady, Dark.
I hope all is clear for her health.

As for me, I've been sick for about ten days.
Every year, it seems that my medications have to readjust themselves to the heat of summer, and my body goes through a couple of difficult weeks. But this too shall pass.

Meanwhile, I'm playing a lot of Muds to pass the time, enjoying them, but also making an effort to see what I do and don't like about them stylewise.
Accursed Lands is my Mud home, but I'm playing Lament, Cosmic Rage, Avalon, Achaea, Cthulhumud, and some others. (I am wary of Achaea and Avalon, but their writing is so exquisite, I wanted to give them another try.)

2020-06-11 06:25:19

So, I got done with the Cursor's fury, the third book of the Codex alera. I must say, considering how much war was within the book, it did ends up in somewhat happy ending.

Thankfully, the cyclones seems to have stopped, though the virus is an entirely different matter.

And low and behold, the collapse of the Indian health system continues, as the hospitals refuse to except the patients, doesn't matter whether you're rich or what connections you have. They aren't even testing anymore.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about it anymore. lets move on to something else. my programming class has resumed, it is certainly a novel experience for me to learn at my home, while my teacher is in a entirely different city which is 500 kilometers away from the city where I live.

The rain didn't continued as I thought it would, as a result the humidity is getting worse. I can't decide which one is worse, the powercuts during the rainfall? or this humidity. (Powercuts took the ways to get relief from the humidity, so I suppose they are worse.)

2020-06-11 06:38:14

@19 congrats! Sounds like you did very well. I'm curious how that system works though, do the numbers correspond to marks within a certain range, like 1 being >=80% etc?
@Dark have you ever considered doing something for choice of games? I have no idea how writing something for them is like and what their requirements are though but it could be a way to get your stuff out there plus a bit of money from it.