2020-05-20 01:57:09

I don't think Nintendo would really care about it, but does that mean I'm going to report it? No, because if you get a vindictive agent that reads that report, the game could be fucked. I do believe though that in that scenario, if the media got hold of a story of Nintendo trying to ruin a small audiogame dev, they would run with it and it would not be pretty. But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter either way. CP doesn't even need audiogames.net at this point. It has an established playerbase already, so I think it could be taken down and it wouldn't matter because Pragma obviously isn't in it for professional gain, so it's not like he would lose any money from this. So instead of abiding by Jayde and reporting it just to prove one point or the other, it can just be taken off of the audiogames forum, assuming Pragma is okay with this.

2020-05-20 02:02:49

One quick point, though:
Do you understand the concept of a thought experiment?
Because that's pretty much what this was.

People were bound and determined that big companies don't care, but in a hypothetical scenario, when challenged to defend that position, they said it's not worth the risk. To say it isn't worth the risk implies that there -is a risk to begin with.

If I challenge you right now to open the nearest window and yell "I'm a hemophiliac!" many people won't bother, but they won't be refusing because they're afraid of harm. They'll be refusing because it's silly, or because they just flat can't be bothered. Know why? Because while yelling "I'm a hemophiliac!" out your window might draw stares and make you sound weird, it also won't constitute a threatening action of any kind. It is a zero-risk action, so refusal will not be based on an assessment of reprisal.

Your reaction to my fictitious proposal to report CP to Nintendo, even after I proposed it as an experiment, exposed that there is, in fact, a risk in doing so. In fact, I'd even argue that your vehemence on the subject suggests that you know damn well that the risk is bigger than perhaps you'd like to credit, but it's easier to maintain the fiction that big companies don't care than it is to test that theory. It does not mean I wish to do it (in fact, did I not say that I'd prefer not to?). It does not state that I think it's best. So all your talk of how I'm risking the community for one game just tells me that you missed the point entirely. You were so focused on how dangerous and awful and self-centered and whatever else my actions would be that you failed to note that I have not acted, and do not intend to act, in this capacity at all.

Basic psychology at its best. Thank you for demonstrating the efficacy of thought experiments.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-05-20 02:26:25

Now Jayde. The reason  I won't be yelling "I'm a hemophiliac!" out my window is because my windows don't open, and I am hurt and offended that you thought I would have any other reason for not doing so. LOL!!!

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2020-05-20 02:31:34

I'm sorry for not possessing the requisite telepathy or telemetry necessary for me to realize that your windows don't open. I didn't mean to exclude people in your predicament, since I'm sure that yelling that you're a hemophilic is something you would otherwise be potentially willing to do. Heh.

2020-05-20 02:40:10

Hey guys?  Can you take your dumb arguing in circles and proposing conceptual theories shit off the topic where we're actually supposed to be helping to fix the problem?  Thanks!

2020-05-20 02:41:59

@Jayde, I just did it. Now what? XD

2020-05-20 02:44:07

You know what, Defender? You're absolutely right.
I tried to let this get back on topic, but did not react well afterword. That much I'll fully own, and I'm sorry. Carry on.

2020-05-20 02:46:02 (edited by Jaseoffire 2020-05-20 02:46:59)

I think that raises an issue. Unless pragma is willing to allow us to do this, we really can't do much. To be frank, the dev team would have be willing to flip that switch. I suppose we could go forward and see what pragma's answer is after we complete the project, though. It would take a couple of months to  do, after all. And things can change in a couple of months. Plus, it might give all of us practice in recreating a retro atmosphere. What do all of you think?

I have a website now.

2020-05-20 02:47:50

What are we going to do though? We’ve become completely sidetracked from the issue at hand. Pragma is not really convinced and neither is one of the people who supplied some of the assets for him, now what?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-05-20 02:49:31

I did write a reply to this but deleted  it, just in case anyone saw it, it was written before defender's reply and since I fully agree with him I didn't want this to continue any longer. I don't think there is anything else to say regarding the original topic, but if someone else has anything to add, the topic should now return to it's original purpose.
I have one suggestion in fact. Maybe you guys should not cancel this project. Maybe what we should be doing is designing an alternative soundpack for the game. This pack won't be used in the game, but why not keep it just in case something goes wrong and the sounds do need to change due to somehow the game being taken down? So as a sort of backup, alternative pack for Crazy party that might never be used, but perhaps it can be useful at a certain point in case CP gets into trouble. People working on this in this case should of course understand that they are doing it purely for their own enjoyment and that the pack might never be in the game, but if an issue arises they will know they have contributed a part in keeping CP safe.

2020-05-20 02:49:47

Just now saw post 83. Part of me wants to go Forward, the other part wonders if it would be a complete waste of time.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-05-20 03:01:50

After seeing 85, I think it might be more worth while. In addition to the time difference between now and this project's completion, a part of modernizing and mainstreaming the audiogames community is bringing things up to legal code. Eventually, people are going to take notice of our little corner of the world. In fact, they must if we want accessibility to be more than that thing that some sabre  rattling minority rattles over. If we want to  be taken seriously, we must modernize. That means sacrifice. At least if this gets done, we can lessen the blow of the inevitable.

I have a website now.

2020-05-20 03:04:02 (edited by defender 2020-05-20 03:06:14)

I can understand his reluctance to radically change the main game on a hunch.  Maybe ask him if we could have a separate download with remade sounds then.  It would be the communities responsibility to keep it updated, and that's the one that would be linked to on ag.net.
If he needs it mirrored, I'm sure a couple people would volunteer their server space as long as their were reasonable limits on download speed and concurrent requests.  Otherwise, it can be hosted on a traffic friendly cloud platform such as Sync, one drive, or google drive, with an account just for that purpose.

2020-05-20 03:11:52

Heh, modernize the ancient forum software first and then talk about modernizing the community...
But anyway I digress.
See the problem  is that you can't just have 2 separate versions to download, it isn't as simple as that. The reason why sound modifications of any kind aren't allowed is quite simple, and it is due to the online play. So imagine we are playing, you are using the audiogames legal version and I am using the official download. Now, let's focus on battles, since that's where the issue is most noticeable, though there are a few cases in minigames too. Let's imagine you play normalisation, and your normalisation sound lasts 2 seconds, while mine lasts 5. You will have 3 seconds of a sinchronisation issue during which the game won't be doing anything, and the one with the shorter sound will always think that the game is buggy and doesn't work right. In addition to this, it gets quite annoying if such sound differences add up too much. The only solution is if this was a specific version and then only audiogames download can play against each other, but this is in my opinion already very limitting and is already putting me off downloading it in the first place, knowing that I won't be playing any other user who isn't on this forum. In my opinion too much trouble for little benefit.

2020-05-20 03:23:05

@89 you're right. You aren't the group. I am the one in charge! Lol no. Serious face, I payed 30 dollars to do this project, so I'm encouraging we continue it. Also I also believe finishing it may turn out different results. I mean right now, no one is pressured, because this is a ridiculous idea. But if we actually go through with it, we will see people's true thoughts and attitudes. Also if we do continue and gives updates here, we could gain more supporters as the project is actually going somewhere. I do know 100% for a fact that there will not be 2 different sounds packs active for c\CP at once. Because they want to make it completely fair for everybody. Having different sounds for different people gives some an advantage, like a sound looping faster or being louder. We have people that are willing to do this, and we never know the outcome unless there is an alternate one to consider. No one can take this seriously yet, we can change that. let's go!

2020-05-20 03:29:01

I'm behind 90 on this one. Let's go.

I have a website now.

2020-05-20 06:04:18

It’s official. project continues.

2020-05-20 10:03:31

And what purpose will this serve? Ultimately, it's up the devs whether they want to add in the new sounds or not. What if Pragma decides not to? All that work down the toilet.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-20 13:00:17 (edited by queenslight 2020-05-20 13:26:13)

Adding to what Connor said above, I requote part of post 65 (which also was a post of mine):

If Crazy Party updates for the original version will not be posted to this forum anymore, I would suggest either a Twitter or GNU Social page, for sharing updates. (Or similar platform that is popular enough for most countries.)

So um... Yah, it's all up to Pragma now...

PS. At least we now know why the "Game Mods" section of the Audio Games web site doesn't exist anymore...
(Link above is thanks to the Way Back Machine.

2020-05-20 13:48:26

Well in the skype group, he basically said that he doesn't see the point to changing them. So to those who were getting involved in this, better stop before you waste more money and time.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-20 14:39:04

Hello!

I can understand that Audiogames.net doesn't want to have legal problems due to a game in the database. However, if there isn't any direct download link, it shouldn't be possible for a company to do something against Audiogames.net. It would be just like Wikipedia for example, you can find a presentation of The Pirate Bay or any other website known for its illegal contents, but Wikipedia doesn't have legal problems for its presentation.

In addition of the fact that this legal risk is pretty hypothetic, I don't think I'm going to change CP just because of the legal safety of Audiogames.net. Crazy Party doesn't represent the community of the audiogames' players. It's even not a constructed project with a plan or a roadmap. The game is rather developped in a random way, just for fun. It could be compare to a game made with tools like Mugen or RPG Maker, or to a ROM hack. These communities generally doesn't have any problem.

So, as I said, I don't think I'm going to change the sounds of CP. I'm sorry for those who have started to collect sounds, maybe they might start to think of making a new audiogame project?

2020-05-20 14:43:16

Whoever said you need wayback machine to access the mods page,
https://audiogames.net/page/mods
the only thing you need is to clikc the sitemap link and there it is. Granted, most links are broken, but Top speed cars seem to work.

2020-05-20 18:56:02

Well, unfortunately this sounds as if Pragma would rather have audiogames.net stop supporting his game than have people update his sounds for him.
What this would mean is that the game can no longer have a DB entry, can't be linked to, and when new betas come out, they can be talked about but, again, not linked to. Under rule 3, the game will become a lot like the vault. We can't stop you playing it, we can't stop you talking about it entirely, but we can enforce rule 3 if you're trying to encourage people to play it or download it.

That is my understanding at present.

2020-05-20 19:10:04

he is giving the option, if the audiogames.net forum decides to do so. You are saying that if he don't agree to remaking the sounds all of that will happen. just leave things as they are just now, the game as been here for 4 years now, and what you're doing is conditionating him with agree with the sound change, or the game will be removed

2020-05-20 19:18:31

I have to agrea with firence here
the game is around for years, and now you remember that it should be removed?
while I really want the sounds to be changed, but the dev dont wanted them to be and I cant do something as long as its not my game but, if it didint got removed in years, why now you thot about removing it