2020-05-18 16:43:35 (edited by Dennis 2020-05-18 16:45:10)

Ok guys. I am done arguing.
First: @72: you're Right, this already feels like a full skype Chat history.
To all: I won't write to this Topic in the upcoming Hours, because I've got better Things to do. If someone don't wanna stop insulting me or saying Things or What ever, I won't respond to that on this Forum anymore. If someone wanna talk About that, he should contact me in any way and shouldn't complain that I am not responding, because I must do something other then sit at my phone, writing Posts to a Topic which Content is getting nonsense.
Please don't take it for a giveup if I won't respond here, I am just getting bored with this...

Just got such boring Things to do.
I actually want the legendary audiogames back!

2020-05-18 16:43:35

At Dennis. You know me check my signature.  and also this topic is a big kids topic. It should be renamed like that

2020-05-18 16:46:54

@74: You can decide that. But for a Login form, please contact me if you wanna have that.

Just got such boring Things to do.
I actually want the legendary audiogames back!

2020-05-18 16:53:32

Moderation:
My my, but this topic exploded, didn't it?

Here's what's going to happen.

Dennis, I'm issuing you a warning for a personal attack. I'm going to keep an eye on your website over the next while. Don't repost The Killer or any other unauthorized forks there, whatever you do; if this happens, I'll take down your link, issue another warning and advocate that you be put on watch. In the meantime, however, thank you for removing the unauthorized fork before we had to deal with it. Remember: your warning is for personal attacks. I realize that you might've gotten upset, but if you can't avoid a personal attack, then just don't bother.

Mikes0916, I'm issuing you a warning as well, and am tempted to issue two at once because you have multiple attacks in this thread. Yet again, if you can't express yourself without attacking someone, that's your problem, and you need to deal with it in a better way, or you won't last long here.

Now, as far as all the rest of this? Folks, it's really, really simple.
Simter may have had this idea first, but for whatever reason he didn't pull the trigger. Dennis did.
Is this slimy? A little bit, yeah.
But is it cloning or stealing? Uh...probably not, no.
If we were talking about a whole game or novel or piece of music, it'd be a different story. However, we're talking about a concept. If Liam went and posted a topic this afternoon about how to judge when cookies are done in the oven, with a how-to guide, and I got mad because he and I had discussed it before and I'd mentioned that I wanted to do it...uh, I'd be pretty freaking silly to get angry with him just because he beat me to the punch.
And that's how most of this thread looks. Pretty freaking silly.

Since no member of the staff team has gotten involved before now, I'm going to tentatively leave this thread open. The reason is because the original point might be worthwhile to some people, and I want to allow for that possibility. I'm warning you now, though; if it continues generating personal attacks, pointless digressions and the like, I'll lock it immediately and without a single look back. Please don't make me lock the thread. Let's let it return to its original purpose.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-05-18 17:01:45

@78 thanks. I don't want to break the thing within the first 5 seconds. Truth is I'm new to this whole thing. I've wanted to get into having a server for a while, but I really didn't know how. I'll let you know if I think I need to go account based.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-05-18 17:03:02

Dennis i pressed on submit form button, and it is openning mail app on win 10. Why? what should i need to do?

Yours kindly

2020-05-18 17:07:01

It will do that. I was confused when it did the same thing on Mac. The form is sent in as an email.

2020-05-18 17:17:07

well and if it will open i should not do anything?
it sent already? or i have to send something from eMail client?

Yours kindly

2020-05-18 17:17:25

@79 so you ask me to just keep him using my concepts without even giving credit? No thanks.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-05-18 17:26:31

@Simter That's the problem.
First of all, do you have a patent? Proof of concept that it is yours?
Because to my way of seeing things, TT server hosting isn't a novel concept. You can't really own it. It's a lot like saying that you own email, which you clearly don't.
That said, I clearly stated in my last post that if this was your plan, and you discussed this with Dennis, and he beat you to it, it's got to be a bit upsetting.

I guess I am missing the bit where you think that Dennis doing this is against the rules. You're just sounding salty because he got there first.

Listen. Companies routinely do this to each other. Someone from company A talks to someone from company B, who says they're on the fast-track for something. Suddenly, company B races ahead, files patents and gets the technology out first. It's a cutthroat world, and it's well beyond the scope of this forum and its administration to decide, in cases like this, who owns what.

Again, if you'd made a game, a piece of music, something that is clearly and definitely yours, and could provide proof that it existed before Dennis posted it, we'd be having a different discussion. If he, say, stole your source code because he'd been helping you, and claimed it as his own, that would be entirely different and I'd totally side with you. What it looks like, however, is that you had an idea, you discussed it with Dennis at some point, and he took it upon himself to do the same thing. He just won the race, that's all. I'm sorry you're upset, but there's not a lot we can do unless you want to try proving that he stole source code or was under some other legally binding agreement not to do this to you.
Good luck doing that latter, though, as I believe you're both under the legal age where you're allowed to enter into binding contracts anyway.

2020-05-18 17:27:17

lol, its just in idea, I can make a game where I use the same idea as in other one and no one can say anything, why? because I didint did something rong, for examble, why is google are not saying anything when apple is useing the same ideas, and why is apple not saying anything about google eather. this  topic is a war in something that is never been rong. better than coming here and make a kid out of your selves why not try to be better, like cimbter be better than denis but denis makes something that eavin more better etc etc,

2020-05-18 17:33:38

You have to hit send, but fill out the subject first. I don't know if emails with no subjects can even be sent anymore.

2020-05-18 17:41:12 (edited by omer 2020-05-18 17:41:29)

so this guy can come and blame you for stailing his idea
https://tthub.org/
and they complain why they are beeing callled kiddos

2020-05-18 17:41:19

@85 so because it also happens with big companies now means it is ok or what you aim to say with that post? I seriously don't get it. And it's even worse. He even tried to make me help him with my own concept. But i was at this point stoping to tell him and he needed to find out the rest himself. Because ya know what: When i told him i was wanting to do hosting, he asked me a few days later how to install multiple teamtalk servers on 1 vps.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-05-18 18:08:13

Again though, it's his word against yours. Well, yours and a couple of other people who came out of the woodwork and didn't make you look very good in the way they did it. Personal attacks, and threatening to push the Mac VM topic (Mikes0916 and Tonio, respectively).

You are failing to see the point here, Simter. Right now I can't decide whether it's on purpose or not, so I'm going to spell it out a different way.

Nintendo/Gamefreak owns pokemon. If you made a game called pokemon, they could and very likely would get you in trouble for that. They own that franchise. That is something they have a right to follow through on.
But what they don't have is a patent on creature-capture mechanics, or stadiums/gyms to test your strength. If your game was unique enough that it did a bunch of its own thing, but borrowed a lot of pokemon concepts, you may or may not be okay under the law.

Here, I'll put it in a totally non-gaming context.

Let's say you and Dennis were talking, and you said you wanted to open a taco restaurant.
Now let's say for whatever reason that Dennis rushed out and opened his taco restaurant first.
Guess what, my dude? You're out of luck. For whatever reason, he got there first. You would own your own specific taco restaurant, but you don't own the idea of taco restaurants in general.
So while what he did is kind of slimy, and I don't blame you being annoyed about it, there is absolutely no rule-breaking involved here.

2020-05-18 18:16:27

Hey all again!
ok i know i was harsh, but i just think it had to be said.
I  just support simter and it was really rude from dennis to do that.

2020-05-18 18:18:42

Actually Jayde, I can indeed confirm Simter has been doing this for at least 3 months, and I know at least one person Simter is hosting

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-18 18:25:21

This topic, around 90% is beyond stupid.
Also, Urh2006 is from Slovenia right?
Either way, the name calling in this topic was like a bunch of five year olds.
Anyways, let's get back to the topic at hand, tt hosting.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

2020-05-18 18:28:14

yes he is, but why can't two people be from the same country. i mean this is like oh because simter is from germany tonio is his multiple account, what a hell lol.
no but seriously, check facts before saying shit.

2020-05-18 18:31:41

Hi.
Oh my gosh, I repeat jaide's words over here. This topic just exploded, now didn't it?
This is sadly going towards the path of the spanish community. So many insults, flame wars and arguments like it was my idea and you stold it.
Anyways, thanks to Jaide and all admins of this place, I'm just hoping all gets smooth again.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-05-18 18:40:55

btw, why is everyone wants his own tt sirver
I dont use tt but I herd you can make a channel with a password on any server, that will give you your closed plase where you can invite peaple and say anything ya want

2020-05-18 18:50:17

Judging simply by your rather defencive reaction, I'd say it's pretty likely you are indeed urh, even the writing stiles are pretty much identical.
On another note, it just so happens that I have several linux boxes up not being used for much, so should any of you like a TT server that's not hosted by a child with at best rather questionable motives, feel free to get in contact with me and I'll be more than happy to lend you my resources. I won't pretend to be something I'm not, though, which is why I would never do what OP did. We already have JC hosting, TT hub, the latter of which has been proven by multiple people to be reliable over the years, etc. I personally wouldn't trust a couple of trigger happy kids not to hang around on your server and intercept anything that happens, but in the end it's your call.

2020-05-18 18:54:29 (edited by Meatbag 2020-05-18 18:54:46)

@97, well, I dont think he is, as his register date is in 2018 while urh is band in 2019/2020

2020-05-18 18:56:29

I dont think so @97 either.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-18 19:03:50

@97.
TT hub? Well, I'm not from this community at all, but haven't heard of it. Do you know if they have a website or something?
And woah, thanks, I'll write you a PM.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!