2020-05-18 22:14:39

Hi,

@scarlet,  could you email me your project to [email protected] and I can take a look and see what is happening?  If you go into the projects folder you should see the folder in their named with your project, if you can email that I can take a look and see what is happening.
@ Bryan, physical items should appear in your inventory, although key items have their own section in the inventory , so you’ll need to press tab after you enter the inventory to see the list of key items.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

Thumbs up +1

2020-05-18 22:20:15

Absolutely, thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Thumbs up

2020-05-18 23:53:52

Hi,

not a problem scarlet, its quite late here so if i don't look at it today i'll get straight on it tomorrow.
Paul lemm

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 03:11:35

Hello Paul and guys!
First off all, congratulations for sable. Its, absolutely, fantastic!
Unfortunately, I and my friendhave a problem.
We created separated projects, but when we try to play on our computers, sable presents the following message:
Call stack size: 4
Function: void play_indoor_music(bool = false)
Function: bool main_menu_result(string)
Function: void front_end(bool)
Function: void main()
Is there a solution?

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 06:00:13

Okay. So I've been trying to find a gates sound to enter the city that  I'm building, and I really want the sound from the game Entombed. You know, the gates sound to the town between floors 2 and 3. Does anyone have that game's audiosounds or just that sound in general? I have a few to choose from, but I like the rattling chains bit from Entomb's version.portcullus

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 08:05:06

Hi Paul.
Regarding stats:
It would indeed work if the players doesn't see the stats the creator just skip by pressing Escape. This is the only thing I'm asking for.
Could you imagine a dog or an insect having mana? Hahaha.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-05-19 10:17:02

you cant abel to play project created by other people
so no

2020-05-19 10:17:12

@Diego,this is a bug I’ve been trying to track down, there is a quick solution for this, but to help me track down the issue, could you first do me a huge favour. Could you go into your projects folder in sable, in here you should see a folder with the name of your project. Could you email me your project folder? If you take a copy of that folder, then put it into a zip folder you should just be able to email me  the folder. I can then look at the project and will be able to identify what is causing the problem. If you can do this before fixing the issue it would be hugely appreciated. Once you have sent me the project  folder, to fix the problem, simply from the main title screen select load project,  load the project causing the issue and the starting map, then simply go to project options and set starting map again, this will have then fixed your issue and you will be able to run your game in play game mode. this should work for your friends copy too, but again if you could send me your project  folder before you perform the fix it would really help me out  as would let  me identify what is causing this issue in the first place.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 12:59:07

LOL I don't know why I didn't think of that. Tabbing between menus isn't exactly uncommon in games. As one of my favorite comedians would say, here's your sign.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 15:00:33

Hi,

@SLJ, one thing I completely forgot to mention, is that in play  game mode the player won’t actually see any of the enemy stats, you only see full enemy stats in debug mode and creator mode as this information is helpful for checking enemies are set up correctly and so you have extra information whilst in debug mode. whilst in play game mode all the player will see for an enemy is HP, Mana and stamina, however if you set an enemies mana or stamina it won’t show either of these stats if they are set to zero. This may fix the concern you were having regarding your own game and what stats the end player would see. But just to confirm they won’t see enemy stats, only player stats, it was the player stats I was talking about possibly using your suggestion  and adding the option to hide certain stats if the player goes into the party me members window and selects stats.
@ Bryan P, don’t worry about it I’ve done exactly the same before, in a hero’s call, I went through the whole game without finding anyone to sell my unwanted gear too, it was only when I was at the very end of the game and one of  the quests was to sell stuff to the blacksmith I realised you could just tab from the buying screen to the selling screen hahaha.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 16:00:18

@Lemm, maybe I'm just dumb, but I'm trying to get my kick ability to have a small chance of doing knock back damage which will inhibit the target from acting a turn. However, I just want the knock back status that I have in to last only 1 round, not have a chance of doing running longer. Which option is this?

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 16:21:55

361 you can do that with status effects
but here is the part that i'M stuck and i think tis not possible
i'm creating an ability charge, wich will damage to the target and deals a splash damage to the launcher, i tryed adding that with status effects, but status effects only apply for the target
oh well then
is there a way to do it or i have to scrap that idea

2020-05-19 16:33:36

I have noticed a few quirks with using status effects to cure status effects LOL. I'd created one to cure poison and used it as part of the second spell my Cleric learned. First, when you use it, at least in battle, the speech says the character's name, then the dispel sound plays, and only then the speech says poison faded. THat just strikes me as a little weird. So it'd be "Nerik's," then the dispel sound, then "poison faded." It just struck me as a little odd. The other quirk is that after the battle ends or after a round it says that cure poison has faded. Again, it just strikes me as a bit funky. LOL. At least it doesn't reapply the poison. That would be bad.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 16:55:05

Hay Paul, just one more thing to ask for, and it's simple, don't worry.
In the project options, where it has the options for game over music and text, might it be possible to set default battle music there to?
On a related note; and I'm not sure how easy this would be to code, but might there also be an option to set battle music on a per map basis?
I know you can code event triggers to have different music for event bosses and the like, but this feature would allow creaters to specify music that can trigger for random battles aside from event ones on maps so you could sett a forboding mood for later battles in the game.
Lot's of classic RPGs do this.
One more question; and I haven't actually tried this yet, but if I were to add a building on a map, then set an event trigger on it's door to take the player to another map, would this cause any issues between maps?
Later!

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 18:09:36

@362, I do see that in status effects, but it seems to only gives the target a percent of dropping the status effect. So for example, when playing, a mob used kick on my weak cleric, and it lasted for 3 rounds. I just want the knock back status effect to last exactly for 1 round, and there's only a 10 percent chance of said status activating after using the ability kick.

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 18:53:46

Hi everyone,

@dungeon diver, you could  use the prevent action status affect for this. set it to non-permanent and set the duration to just one round
-@ Bryan P, I’m not quite following your suggestion? you said it speaks the players name, then plays the sound  then speaks  poison faded, then in your example you suggest it would be better as Nerik’s," then the dispel sound, then "poison faded., which seems the same to me? As for the cure poison affect, this is a slight bug, its actually assigning the cure  bug as a lasting status affect, so it is lasting for a couple of rounds, when the remove affects  shouldn’t last any rounds, but just be an instant hit and done affect. If you check your parties active status affects after casting cure poison it actually shows cure poison as an active status affect, which it definitely shouldn’t, this is also why it is saying it is fading at the end of the battle, which again it shouldn’t. I only found out about this bug thanks to you pointing this out, so thanks for the spot, I’ll get this one fixed.
@ threeblindnoises, if you want to change the default battle music, you can just go into the sounds folder, then the battle folder, simply delete the current battle music track and replace with one of your own choosing. Just remember to name the new file exactly the same as the old battle music track so sable can identify it. as for changing battle music for each map that might be slightly more tricky, but I could definitely see advantages in such an option as I’ve also seen this in various main stream RPGS I’ve played to continue the atmospheric feel of a certain area or map, it just may be one of these features for a later version of Sable. its going on l my list of future possible suggestions though.

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 22:25:18

right now the only way to give abilities to the player is by leveling up, right?

Thumbs up

2020-05-19 23:25:06 (edited by threeblacknoises 2020-05-19 23:27:05)

Hay Paul, just one more question, then I'll leave you alone.
I looked in the templates folder and it still didn't quite answer this, but do enemies only have pain and death sounds?
I'm asking because I'm at the point where I'm going to need to start coding enemies and testing abilities and such, so I'm making sure I only make the sound files I need.
Regarding map battel music, I don't see why it'd be to hard, but again I'm not a programmer.
Under project options, all you'd need to do is add the default battle music option I talked about previously, then under that, an item that reads map battle music.
When clicking that, Sable would present two options:
Use Default
Select file
The same could be done with victory music to.
This way creaters could have some big fanfare for the victory over the final boss but just have the default music for everything else.
Another thing these options would do is allow creaters to use audio formats other than .wav for these songs, as wav files; as you probably know by now; are quite huge, and locking creaters to that format could potentially increase the download footprint for projects to an astronomical sized; depending on how many songs are used.
Later!

Later!

Thumbs up

2020-05-20 01:25:34

No no, I wasn't making a suggestion but an observation. I was giving you an example of what I was talking about. My warrior's name is Nerik. Normally you'd get the spell sound and it would then say Nerik's poison faded or whatever the message was. As it is now it starts the message by saying the character's name, in this case Nerik, then plays the dispel sound, then says poison faded. It just struck me as a bit odd how it does that.

Thumbs up

2020-05-20 08:16:33

Hi Paul.
Regarding stats:
Yes, this is indeed what I mean. Hide the stats which the creator sets to 0 for the player. That would be fantastic!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-05-20 09:46:57

Really small idea, add to main menu option learn game sounds

ice, fire, water, thunder.

Thumbs up

2020-05-20 11:24:14

Why do you wanna have a learn game sound menu? Every sounds are put in by the creator so a learn gamesounds menu wouldn't make any sense here.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2020-05-20 21:10:02 (edited by Dragons 2020-05-21 00:07:45)

Hey Paul!

Is there the way to assign the character certain health to start out?

Thanks!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

Thumbs up

2020-05-20 21:45:15

After the end of May, all our projects will be rendered useless, right?
I've got a nice forest built up with a couple of traps, roaming mobs, a few quests, a bandit camp, a grizzly bear's cave, and the gates to the starter town. But after this trial is over, all of this will just be unusable?
If that's the case, are there plans to release this project as commercial use some time in the near future, or  is that far off? I'd love to add to my current set up, and would also enjoy the ability to code in more classes, such as rogue, ranger, and paladin, as well as fixing stats. For example, I wish the cleric had some stamina as well. Alternatively, I'd love to have 5 starter classes: warrior, mage, cleric, monk, and rogue, and have each specialize at levels 5, 10, 20, etc. Warriors into berserkers/rangers/gladiators/blademasters, monks into psionicists/samurai/spirit knights/ironsouled, rogues into assassins/bards/illusionists/nightblades, clerics into paladins/healers/deathknights/druids, and mages into elementalists/necromancers/illusionists/summoners.

Thumbs up

2020-05-20 23:48:52

Hay Paul, one more question; and I already tried using shift+D to get this answered and no dice.
How do the elimental types work in this game.
Some I understand like water beating fire, but some of the others like force, sonic, shadow and the like I don't.
Could you please either PM me a type chart or post it here for all to see?
Later!

Thumbs up