2020-07-02 17:19:55

Steve is currently busy with some rl stuff ... also the game is pretty much accessible at this point. All we need now is a distance measuring tool. Oh and STO selection for ground units needs to be fixed.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2020-07-02 18:43:35

Yeah, Steve has been otherwise occupied for a bit so the game in general is taking a back seat.

2020-07-08 19:13:11

Hi, I have a questio nwhen it comes to moving installations with a ship. How do I know how much space an instalation takes up? I have this problem where I tell a fleet to load 20 terraforming stations, but they only load 2 of them. I have a large cargo bay in the relevant ships.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-07-10 04:16:42

You can find info on every installation and space it takes up on Aurora wiki.

My discord
Jitel#3538

2020-07-26 21:29:29

Hello.

I am experiencing some difficulty with ship building.  Not so much a game issue, more an NVDA issue.  When I use NVDA + / to snap cursor to ship component it always seems to be a bit off.  Even when I move the mouse to something like the engine manually, when I click it selects the diplomacy drive.  In simple terms, my mouse clicks a few pixels above its actual location.  I rarely encounter this issue with NVDA, but its definitely not unique to Aurora.

I suspect it might have something to do with resolution, but I am not sure.  Any NVDA veterans that can shine some light on my predicament?

2020-07-29 19:52:50

As a heads up for anyone else who experiences this issue, I believe we were able to solve it by adjusting WINdows scaling settings. By default they are set to scale up the display which doesn't play very well with NVDA's mouse routing. The solution is to reduce the scaling to 100%, despite what Windows recommends.

On an unrelated note, version 1.12 of Aurora will add automated assignment of planetary governors, which will help reduce micro-management and make it easier to handle many colonies at once. It isn't out yet, but watch for further reports.

2020-08-02 14:53:50

Just a heads up Quill18 on YT is doing a let's play for this game so that may help with a guide as well in terms of general ideas.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2020-09-07 21:10:07

So I'm on the shipyard management tab on the economics  screen where I should be able to build new ships, but there doesn't seem to be any text in most of the combo boxes. Even the shipyard activities combo box isn't being read though I can still select the options and set the activity. I was hopeing someone may have a tip to fix that. Idk if I need to manually assign the ship classes somehow.

2020-09-08 19:05:43

Hey,

Yeah, you need to manually assign ship classes to shipyards. You choose "retool," in the activity combo box, where it says "no Activity" by default. Does that much not read for you? If you're having trouble reading that, I don't know what might be going on.

You basically select the activity you want, in this case retool, and pick the ship class you want, and then hit "set activity." The first retool of your untooled  shipyard is free and instant. After that you can actually queue up ships for building.

2020-10-05 19:40:58

Hi guys! Sorry for my stupid question but I really don't understand how to instantly research, for example engin part or characteristics! When, for example I want to research the engin size and I play Instant, I can not research other things instantly because ther is the Instant button anymore. Could you help me, please? I've tryed to follow the tutorial Lord Lundin and Zack made but, in the second part, the sppech rate of the voice is much to fast for me, as I'm not an English speaker, lol! Thanks guys!

Claudio

2020-10-05 20:10:43

Hey,

Did you turn on SpaceMaster mode? I'm sorry the voice is too fast, that's definitely something I need to  remember when I do these kinds of things in future.

2020-10-05 21:01:11

No, I didn.t! Do I have to turn it? Is it better havin turned it on for a newbie like me?

Claudio

2020-10-05 21:19:31

No, space master just gives you access to the instant button, if it isn't on you won't see it. smile It's been a while since I've played, I admit, but I think this is how it worked. Try turning it on.

2020-10-05 21:36:30

Ok, thanks! Now it works! Ok, I've instantly researched what i need; but I can't create a project! Or, better to say, I don't know how to do it. Thanks again!

Claudio

2020-10-05 21:41:09

@314 once you researched the techs you want, you need to go into the create research project field. I don't remember the hotkey but I'm pretty sure that's what the control is called on the home screen. In this place, there'll be an edit box somewhere. In this edit box, you'll have to choos what category of component (shield, missile etc.) you want to make a new project for. Then, you just go through the other edit boxes, checking the parameters you want, and in the read only field you can see the stats your component will have once you research it. This is important for things like engines because you can see how your speed is in relation to your fuel usage and such.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-10-06 01:03:24

Yeah. You'll want to get used to the function keys. You can use them to open all the main windows so you don't have to tab around the entire UI. Some of them also open different things with control and/or shift.

2020-10-06 09:29:31

How is the accessibility of this game? do i still need to install a previous version and update it? or can i just install the game after downloading it?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-10-06 16:32:23

You still need to install and patch up to the latest version, though it's a very simple process. If by "previous version," you meant install the older, VB6 version, definitely not.

2020-10-14 15:56:39

Is anyone still playing this?
I might pick up a new campaigne, try some different strategies now that 1.12 is out, which is a pretty huge update with a lot of QOL features, like automated government assign for colonies, the ability to make fleets into formation squadrons, ground troop replacement templates, more standing orders and conditionals to include overhaul, and more!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2020-10-14 16:43:30

Hi LordLundin! I'ld be very interested in this, please! I'm completely a newbie in this game but I like it very much! I'ts a huge game and, to be onest, I don't know where to start, how to do things but... It's my preferred game together with time of conflict!

Claudio

2020-10-14 19:45:08

I haven't been playing for some time, mostly just need to find the mental energy. Still, 1.12 is definitely interesting. The game is definitely not for people who lack patience however.

2020-10-16 20:12:53

hi. my antivirus don't let me download the latest patch. and it's says that size of the patch is 5mb. can someone provide me a link to patch or to full latest wersion?

2020-10-16 22:21:09

bananas,

That is the full patch. The patch is literally just an EXE file and database which you copy on top of your original game install.

You need to override your antivirus on this one, it's safe.

2020-12-09 12:42:47

Hi guys! Any mews about this great game? Also, I really don't know how to proceede in the game; i've done some researches but then? I've downloaded and listened the tutorials Zcline did but don't know what to do! Thx for help

Claudio

2020-12-12 02:55:46 (edited by Caccio72 2020-12-12 02:58:00)

I always liked Masters Of Orion type games, but found no accessible replacement for them since my vision loss.

This game looks like it could do the trick, however, after I lost my sight, I had no need to adjust any graphical settings anymore, so I would like someone to remind, actually to instruct me in details, how to do those required changes to play the game with NVDA.

So, since I use NVDA on a desktop PC, with windows 10 system, please, do instruct me step by step, how to adjust those settings mentioned in the starting post.