2020-06-04 21:47:40

Rashad,

I don't think I understand the issue. The tabs move with left and right arrow keys, like all other tabs in the game. Where exactly are you having trouble?

2020-06-04 22:52:01

Oh, I was using ctrl tab. The arrow keys solved it.

2020-06-04 22:55:18

Oh, glad you got it figured out. smile

2020-06-04 22:58:32

Sorry, I might have missed this in the audio tutorial. How exactly did you get a description of where a ship was and what it's orders were in the fleet window?

2020-06-04 23:04:57 (edited by LordLundin 2020-06-04 23:06:40)

Hi Rashid.
First make sure your naval window is maximized. This is a good practice for all windows.
Then, select the fleet you want to view the status of and use 7 and 9 on your numpad in screen review mode til you find something like:
Sol System     Orbiting Oumuamua      Orders: Magellan: Geological Survey      All Orders Distance: 307.4 m km      Travel Time Required: 28 hours
Edit:
The status of all fleets will be found in this location. Familiarize yourself with what is around it so you may better locate it when it's more cluttered in the future.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2020-06-04 23:06:39

This is also something you can do with the Jaws cursor, obviously. With NVDA I also just use object review.

2020-06-05 18:09:45

I've gotten it to work on occasion, but no matter what I do I can't get it to work consistently. Would the developer consider moving it in a later update, do you think? I even have a touch screen, so I've attempted to learn it's placement on the screen but with little to no success.
Then again, I might just be missing something very simple here.
Followup question, where can I see a list of all bodies I've surveyed and what minerals they have directly? The mineral search lets me pick what minerals I want to see, but I'm at a phase where I have no idea what I need so it'd be nice to have all my options laid out.

2020-06-05 18:36:06 (edited by LordLundin 2020-06-05 18:37:44)

@rashid please tell me again what you are trying to do with the mouse?
Also for minerals, just hit clear search and then do a blank search and all the bodies that have some sort of mineral will show up. Couple this with the system view for an easier read.
Also scrolling through the system view any body denoted with M after it's name has minerals on it. You can then shift tab to a list of them

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2020-06-05 19:30:28

Also, there is a tab on the tactical map which includes a list of all the minerals you've found in text form.

The fleet location info is near the top of the window, from what I understand. Is it possible to set a bookmark/hotspot there? I imagine there are add-ons to let Jaws do this, but I'm not personally familiar with how they work.

2020-06-06 00:37:40

Thanks both of you. This has been really helpful. Unfortunately I have no idea how a hotspot/bookmark would work, but I've eventually after trial and error learned how to find it on the screen.
The minerals thing is also working now, although it would be nice if we could suggest to the dev if he could see about moving the text boxes telling you what field is used for what mineral so that tabbing  reads that first, rather than right at the end.

2020-06-06 02:30:33

I think part of the remaining accessibility work is ensuring that the order of text fields is sensible. It's a thing I see in my day job all the time, and he's done it for other windows, there are just a lot of them. smile Be glad this isn't the days of version 1.0, where none of the buttons on the tactical map were labeled, and we had to count buttons or add bookmarks ourselves to get to any window because there were no shortcuts. It was awful.

2020-06-06 09:29:53 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-06-06 09:31:00)

rashad wrote:

I've gotten it to work on occasion, but no matter what I do I can't get it to work consistently. Would the developer consider moving it in a later update, do you think? I even have a touch screen, so I've attempted to learn it's placement on the screen but with little to no success.
Then again, I might just be missing something very simple here.
Followup question, where can I see a list of all bodies I've surveyed and what minerals they have directly? The mineral search lets me pick what minerals I want to see, but I'm at a phase where I have no idea what I need so it'd be nice to have all my options laid out.

Fleet location view is not currently tabbable.
It is on the suggestion list that i wrote here:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?t … #msg134472
It'll be hopefully fixed later, To be honest i should have pushed for it, and put it higher in the priority list, but i tried to  prioritize the things that we really really needed, like the contact location which now we can see.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2020-06-14 10:28:08 (edited by masackru 2020-06-14 10:31:12)

Sorry if this problem is already solved, but, honestly, I didn't have the patience to read all 200+ messages.

So, I have a problem. I can't seem to be able to launch the game, I get the following message:

Aurora
Component 'SYSINFO.OCX' or one of its dependencies not
correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
OK

Later edit: I have the portable version, if that matters.

Perfection is never easy. But after more than 21 years...
...I got the hand of it.
Sorin Ţaţa
Produse pentru nevăzători

2020-06-14 16:01:50

Hi, so far the only way to produce ship components I've found is to make them individually using a shipyard's construction feature. Is this the only way to get them, or are there other ways?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-06-14 18:19:47

masackru wrote:

Sorry if this problem is already solved, but, honestly, I didn't have the patience to read all 200+ messages.

So, I have a problem. I can't seem to be able to launch the game, I get the following message:

Aurora
Component 'SYSINFO.OCX' or one of its dependencies not
correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
OK

Later edit: I have the portable version, if that matters.

Check the comments section here
https://www.reddit.com/r/aurora/comment … ne_of_its/

2020-06-14 18:21:53

connor142 wrote:

Hi, so far the only way to produce ship components I've found is to make them individually using a shipyard's construction feature. Is this the only way to get them, or are there other ways?

I use my industry/construction factories to build the larger components, Then when building the ships, i tell my shipyard to use  prebuilt components so it takes them from my stock.
The second way is just to build the ship with your shipyard and it automatically builds all the parts and   builds the ship.

If you want to use your industry, At the industry tab there's a dropdown that lets you to build components, space stations, fighters, ETC

2020-06-14 18:36:37

Ok, because the last time I tried to build a ship, it said it couldn't because it lacked the components when I tried to select it. Then  again, I was playing with autoassigned tech points and predesigned classes so that might have been an issue.

2020-06-14 19:04:36

masackru,

You're using the old and unsupported version of Aurora. I highly recommend you get the new versions linked in this thread, they work much better on modern Windows and with NVDA in general.

2020-06-15 20:27:35

Could someone remind me what is the accessible way to remove ship components from a class? Right now, I have to delete a class and start over on the design whenever I make a mistake.

2020-06-15 21:28:49

You can use the radio buttons that are in the window. Change the race components radio button to class components, and you can see all the components used in the design. Just double-click any component with the left mouse button and it will be deleted.

My discord
Jitel#3538

2020-06-15 23:00:08

Thanks @295. Now, how do you make a ship classify as commercial? Everything I've made so far has been naval. Does that classification even matter too much besides deciding which shipyards can build the things?

2020-06-15 23:18:53

Conner142,

Anything built with military/naval components automatically becomes military. These include military engines obviously, but also large sensors, geosurvey or gravsurvey modules, and almost all weapons. I think CIWS defensive systems might be commercial, but that's about it.

So the solution is to build with non-military tech only, and you'll get a non-military/commercial design.

2020-06-18 10:43:51

Some questions from me again. First, when I give a standing order to a fleet ,like surveying the nearest unsurveyed body, it doesn't tell me how long it will take. Is there a way to find this out, and if not, does someone know approximately how long it takes one ship with geo sensors to finish a survey?
Second, how do I delete such a standing order? They don't appear in the list with the movement orders, and even if I change the selection to "no order" and go back into the naval organisation dialogue, my standing orders are still there.
Finally, I read on the Aurora wiki that only about 5% of all generated bodies have any minerals on them. Does that mean I shouldn't bother with the other stuff since I can't mine it, other than maybe making listening posts and stuff like that?

2020-06-18 16:48:07

Conner142,

I'm not sure what the issue with standing ordersis, they delete fine for me. One slightly confusing aspect is that it can look like they're empty or set to "no order," when they aren't.

As for length of surveys, the exact formula is obscure but it depends a lot on the size of the body, a moon is going to be done quicker than a big planet.

Finally, listening posts are always a good idea. You can always just put deep space tracking stations on some planets or moons, they don't need population to operate.

2020-07-02 14:57:45

Hello there! Just curious how are the remaining accessibility efforts going?