2020-04-19 11:40:24

I have an interesting story for you.
Once upon a time there was a website, it got updated, the end!

What do you mean that isn't an interesting story. You must find site updates interesting, well you were interested enough to read the site updates, so a story about site updates must be interesting, right?

look, if you wanted characters, and plot, and action and all that jazz, your probably looking in the wrong place, since all we got here is site updates, sadly not quite as many as  we might like, but hopefully better than nothing, and thus at least a little bit interesting.

Here they are:

Updates by Pitermach:
Changed license type of Random adventure Roguelike 2 to shareware since it’s a full game not a demo.
Fixed download link to Crazy party to point to the latest version.
Aridon: Entry and description.

Updates by Dark:
Mythic reign: Entry and description.

Fixed download links, expanded and cleaned up the descriptions for Starmule, coupling, baseball, and Jim Kitchen’s boppit.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-04-19 13:44:58

Your excuse of a "story" is something that would destroy any writers career in a blink of an eye. Your story didn't feature any cliches, straw man villains, Mary Sues, hell there isn't even a romantic subplot to distract the readers from how poor the main plot is. You disappoint me, dark.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2020-04-19 16:34:04

@BigGun, you obviously did not read my story carefully enough.

The website, our central character, succeeds at being updated despite the huge amount of obstacles in her/his/it's way. This teaches all readers the valuable lesson that for the prettiest and luckiest person, success always happens despite any sense of fairness or logic, which is of course a very valuable moral truth in this complex world of ours.

As for villains, you obviously were not spotting the signs pointing to the dastardly hand of prcrastinatrix, the eeeeeevil! lord of the apathetic empire, who's inevitable and action heavy defeat by the main character has already been predicted, and will be upcoming in a long series of sequels, each more farcical than the last.

Oh and btw, if you want to learn more about awesome writing matters, have a look at This awesome youtube channel.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-04-19 20:07:36 (edited by BigGun 2020-04-19 20:10:37)

While you did correctly point out that the protagonist, the website, did get successfully updated  and had beaten the antagonist, there are a few problems with your "story". First, the protagonist, the website, isn't at all active and he just was there and waited until the supporting characters like Pitermach did all the work needed. Now that's not a bad thing, to the contrary it's a fantastic and beautiful thing, but the website should have been used for doing such important thing as spreading my ideology, preaching the dogmas and belifs I subscribe to, and of course try to be relatable to the audience which totally does make the the audience more interested in the story and doesn't just sound insulting. Now that I gave my amazing positive criticism of the protagonist, I think I need to talk about the villain, prcrastinatrix. Now some outsider heretic who has never watched Terrible writing advice's amazing writing advice probably thinks that the villain was actually very well done, and it personifies one of many human weaknesses and how the heros and by extension we all as humans beat. But that's not what villains are suppose to represent. They are suppose to represent some imaginary straw man version of my least favourite ideology, and especially to sound like a certain man from WW2. Prcrastinatrix is neither of those things so she is terrible she is bad and TWA disapproves.

As far as your last paragraph, ok I'm already damn tired of writing this, it's just so much better to go on my favourite echo chamber and there spend time with my fellow cult members I mean fellow political ideologs, wait that's not the right world oh yeah, allies in opinion and to discuss the latest events and some really important philosophical question such as "what are our favourite celebreties doing during quarantine?".

PS: How dare you hack into my YouTube account, and, look through my subscriptions, discover that I was following the holy teachings of Terrible writing advice and then try to use that knowledge as a weapon to distract me from my goal of trashing your work?
PSS: If Prcrastinatrix doesn't make an appearance in every site update from now on I'm summoning Cathulhu and he's gonna first destroy this world then enslaving it then conquering and yeah you get the deal.

2020-04-20 12:36:52

Ah, but you failed to recognise that procrastinatnatrix wears dark spiky armour and has an entire army of pasty faced, goose stepping trooppers who he acquired from, mmmmm, somewhere.

You also failed to notice the importance of our awesome protagonist webssite's job in this story, this being to have a love triangle with the two supporting characters, because as we all know, every good story needs a love triangle big_smile.

2020-04-21 02:44:38

If you two don't stop arguing about how terrible dark's writing is, even though it includes everything that a story needs, then i'm goign to send the entire army of olympus and summon gods, titans, primordials, and even chaos to destroy you both and inslave the entire world and have the new titan of weapons create a complete empire of mortal story writers and if they don't write a good enough story they will read this one to know what work they need to do and then i'll burn them so they can't write good stories for others, and then we will summon dark himself to look at what we've done to the population, and then smite him again, and keep doing that until all we can summon if him is a few patches of chared writing paper, witch this story greatly lives on. Once thats finishede, we will destroy this story form the inside out, and destroy the planet, and concor the next one.

2020-04-21 14:05:22

@6 This sounds like it will damage the empire and our mega corps profits. There's only one thing we can do, DESTROY THE ENTIRE PLANET!

2020-04-21 15:20:53

I have a question about the Playroom entry: Thanks to Pitermach for adding Duck's race in the previous update, but the entry used to be called Quentin C's Playroom properly, and now it seems to be back to just Quentin C. It was also named Quentin C a while ago, but then Dark renamed it properly to Quentin C's Playroom some time ago.