2020-06-17 06:29:40

Just to confirm that no, the research timer isn't working, indeed I think when it says 16 hours it actually meant 16 days, since the timer has gone down, just not very quickly.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-07-09 15:12:30

The research timer is still broken for me. When I completed the last update, the problem was still not solved. The only sure fire way to get any research done is to use research boosters, and whenever I try to watch videos for energy cells, it says I have over 2800 hours to go. When I launched the latest update, it said I had over 3500 hours to go, so the timer is counting down, just not very quickly.

2020-07-09 16:20:14

@Kadianne, YEAH, THIS IS THE PRECISE PROBLEM I'm having too, indeed only in the first version I tried did the timer actually work, albeit it reset every time the  ap wasn't on the phone screen.

I definitely hope this one gets fixed, especially when the hex map gets some access updates, since being stuck with no research and thus no ability to unlock later buildings would be even more irritating if the rest of the game were accessible.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-07-09 16:46:42

Wow that's way more then 16 days, it's like 5 months and time for real research.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-07-09 17:57:45

Maybe they're aiming for realism? wink

2020-07-09 23:08:19

Hey @205 i sent you a pm cause i had a question.

2020-07-10 00:22:26

@206 Thanks for letting me know. I just had a look and will respond once my phone is charged. Someone messaged me here too prior to you and I didnt see that also until you pointed at my inbox, so thanks for that too. Wish we had a better messaging system here.

2020-07-11 00:16:23

I posted about explore by touch on AppleVis, and thought I would share it here. I hope you find this helpful, especially if you're having trouble with explore by touch and knowing where things are in order to make sure buildings are able to connect to each other. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Let me see if I can provide some clarification, as there are a couple of issues here. First, as you have already discovered, standard VoiceOver gestures don't work all that well. If you turn VoiceOver off and use the built in speech, you will almost certainly have a better experience. Flicking, for example, does not follow the logical order that it does in most apps. I'm not entirely sure what happens when you flick, but you don't move from region to region, row by row, as we are used to. So, when navigating the map using explore by touch, turn VoiceOver off. Oh yes, the map refers to the area where the regions are, empty as well as those containing crystals, gas, etc. 
Now to the issue of explore by touch itself. If the map does not appear on the screen, tap once with three fingers. This will take you to your colony base. Flick to the back button and double tap it. Flicking works well enough when you're in a region or option screen. It's only the map screen where flicking becomes unreliable. So, flick to the back button and double tap it, which will return you to  the map. Now, if you explore the screen with one finger, you will be able to find regions. At first, regions will only appear in the middle. If you move your finger too close to the edges of the screen, it won't say anything or give you other feedback as to what's happening. Move your finger back toward the center of the screen to find regions again.
When you need to slide the map around to explore regions that aren't on the screen, here's how. Place two fingers on the screen. Then, while the speech is announcing how much money you have, gently slide the map away from the direction you want to explore. For instance, if there are hidden regions on the right side, slide the map to the left and they will move onto the screen and  become visible. it's as though you've got a big piece of paper on a table, with a small frame, the screen of your phone, on top of it. Use two fingers to slide the paper around so the desired regions move into the frame. Keep your slides small at first, until you get used to how much the map moves. I hope this makes sense.
All of this works better if VoiceOver is not active. The only time I load VoiceOver while playing the game is when I get stuck in one of those ads that you can't close without using VoiceOver.

2020-07-14 16:28:14

Is anyone else playing on android having trouble with running the game? I want to play but it literally stops working 30 seconds in and I cant do anything at all. Does the game require internet connectivity?

2020-07-14 21:20:31

Yes, the game does require Internet connectivity. If it can't connect to the web, the game will stop working entirely until it can reestablish a connection.

2020-07-14 21:48:41

Ok, I switched from mobile to wifi and that seems to have fixed it, except our wifi sucks sometimes, so that's gonna make playing kinda hard sad

2020-07-17 03:52:52

Has anyone reached a planet in sector 7 where the mission is to have 40 drones in storage?
I've built 2 factores, have crystal and ore going into warehouses and into the first factory to make computer parts which go into a second warehouse and from there into the robotics center. The other one I have an ore driller going to a warehouse into the factory to make building materials, and then into the warehouse to store them but it won't let me connect the building materials warehouse to the robotics center. When I go to connect the robotics center isn't even listed.
Does anyone knoww hat I might be doing wrong here?
Thanks!

2020-07-17 05:09:28

The warehouse is likely too far from the robotics center. Unless you've bought the required skill, the warehouse must be five or less regions away from the robotics center to connect.

2020-07-17 19:07:39

Not to be an idiot, but um, where do you purchase skills?

2020-07-17 20:21:44

On the galaxy map screen, if you double tap on where it says character, you can get them there.