2020-04-17 10:47:02

@Slj, I've not used testflight before, but it might be worth it in this case to play the beta, since I admit missing things like asteroid fields is annoying.
I also wish the scrub gesture would work when watching videos, since right now you need to flick vo on and off to get back to the game after watching one.

I have seen the "not enough money" error message, but there are no error messages concerned with colonists, however the issue I had with crystals was more a simple one with the tile, since it was announced as an unexplored region with crystals, but whenever I tried to build a crystal extractor there it didn't work.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-04-17 11:06:26

I have found another bug, when I am playing without voice voer and using polsish translation an english synthesizer is reading polish word which is really annoying.
Also croobling gesture wont works in connection scrreen when I am touching a screen with two fingers it reads to me how many cash I have but when I am scrobbling it still reads this think but wont get out of this window.
this gesture works only during watching ads.
I like this game and I am waiting for fixes and updates.

2020-04-17 11:42:38

Okay, I installed testflight and have downloaded the Beta version, (it proved far less hassle than I thought), the skill tree seems to work, although it mostly still seems better using the  gamevoice.

I'm a wee bit disappointed that asteroid fields still aren't usable, but hopefully that will be coming soon, and at least when I encounter space stations they should work correctly.

I'm level 6 and on sector 4 so far,

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-04-17 13:17:14

Alright, one thing which is slightly confusing me here, is about research projects.

Annoyingly, it seems that unlike crafting Kingdom, galactic colonies does not keep running when you close the ap, meaning that you can't set an eight hour research project running and go and do something else, unless I've missed something in settings.
It also seems that research projects time gets reset when you start a new colony, meaning you need to basically either use boosters, or just sit around with the game open until a current research project is finished, before completing the current mission and moving on to the next one.

I also believe, that some mission or planet climate text might be missing, since I had one mission to make a colony with 200 colonists, built my living quarters and hydroponic farms, upgraded all the space, and only found out when I looked at the warehouse that the greedy beggars were going through 5 food per colonist, not three. An easy enough fix, but I suspect there was some planetary info I was missing.

I also really wish you could know by flicking through the tiles which were and were not in the perview of surrounding objects such as lakes, mountains and industrial buildings.

I've tried counting ten tiles away from say a lake to get the hydroponic farm bonus, which just about works, but it'd be nice to get it a bit more precisely.

On the plus side, the game is awesome! Indeed it's proving quite hard to tare myself away and go and do something else big_smile.

2020-04-17 13:59:59

Hi.

@dark, you got crystals, i'm still not finding any, I think that bug is annoying and need to be fixed ASAP.

I'll email Michelle a link to this forum, hopefully that will move things along a bit quicker as she'll know what needs to be fixed.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-04-17 14:02:13 (edited by Dark 2020-04-17 14:11:18)

@Brad, that computer part mission was odd, I would guess it has something to do with the map refreshing, try going back to the space map, then opening the planet again, that was what I did, and suddenly there were the crystals.

I also wonder exactly how large the maps are, since sometimes I seem to explore all the tiles, and sometimes not.
I'll have to try closing and opening again when I've explored the hole map just to see, indeed since I believe you get Xp for all the regions you explore as well as number of built buildings, this might be worth it anyway.

It'd also be great if the developer was on this forum, to see the various feedbakc and thoughts given, though I might see about sending an email myself either way.
I did add comments to her blog, but whether the blog is still being updated I don't know.

2020-04-17 14:34:23

Research projects continue for me regardless. So I can start one, work on a mission, close the app and 4 hours later done! Cant do asteroids yet, though, so I think I will wait for that fix to continue. This usually isn't my sort of thing, as I normally prefer something a little more demanding and less laid vacjk, but like crafting kingdom, this game has its charm and I quite like it.

2020-04-17 14:50:46

for me researching is done even if app is closed. I am using ios and ltestflight beta

2020-04-17 15:04:50 (edited by Dark 2020-04-17 15:24:47)

@KenshiraTheTrinity Nope, for me offline progress is simply not happening, indeed it's even more annoying because the timer for research projects seems to reset to max either when the ap is closed, or when I complete a mission.
I wonder if this is because I downloaded the game quite a long while ago, and have had it sitting around on my phone for this time?

I've checked in Ios settings and the "use mobile data" setting is turned on, though I do notice the game doesn't have a notification setting for some reason, even though it's set to give notifications.

Has anyone else had this problem? since it's a pretty major irritation.

2020-04-17 15:21:24

No, it does it by default. It did for me, anyways.
I tried the game with the built in speech, and it was better. It was still jumping around, though.

2020-04-17 15:34:27 (edited by Dark 2020-04-17 15:48:52)

Obviously it is not doing that for me, however if it is supposed to do this on Ios then something might be wrong.

I will save my game to the cloud and try deleting and redownloading the ap just in case.
Edit: Okay tried deleting the ap and restoring from the cloud, and no good, there is definitely something wrong here.

2020-04-17 16:31:28

how can i make fusion engines? i can not see the resources

2020-04-17 18:38:08

Hi.

@dark, I'm having the same issue.

The timer doesn't go down for me at all, it's the same with... that building I forgot the name of, the one where you make people work for cash.

2020-04-17 18:53:18

Oh wow, I've been looking forward to testing this out and can't believe it's taken me this long to look at this topic. I'll return with my thoughts soon.

From Amena

2020-04-17 19:08:31

@Brad, the timers in the game actually work fine whilst the game is running, including those on the commercial complex, the issue seems to be that the game stops running when you go back to the home screen or close the Ap.

I think this might be an issue with how the game is interacting with Ios settings, since it seems to have happened with both the new beta 1.25, and the older public version, also it was not fixed when I redownloaded the program and restored my save from the cloud backup.

One thing I notice, is that on the settings screen, if I go into the programs settings for galactic colonies, there is no listing for either notifications or background ap refresh, just siri suggestions and mobile data. This I think might be the problem.
I'll try updating Ios just to see if that is the issue, and I've droped the developer an email.

I really hope this gets fixed though, since whilst it is possible to play, it does basically mean the only way I can complete any research is by spending energy cells and boosters, which is obviously a pest.

2020-04-17 21:15:57

Okay a bit of net searching shows that I'm not the only person to have this issue with offline progress I saw This redit post, though annoyingly it just sounds like one of those things.

I have found a sort of workaround, by turning on the screen curtain and then muting my Phone, though how well that will work if research times get really long I don't know.

2020-04-18 02:29:58

Hi.
I have the same problem as post 23 or 24 I don't rememver, the planet doesn't have christals and I need to build computer parts. What do I need to do?

2020-04-18 02:44:27

You guys having problems with not being able to find crystal regions, read the first couple of posts that explains that there is a bug where not all available tiles are shown immediately upon visiting a planet for the first time.

2020-04-18 02:47:57

I've reopened the app multiple times

2020-04-18 03:22:13

Lol so have I and didn't't get any crystal regions till like the 5th or 6th time, and only after I pumped thousands of dollars into exploration. Then I couldn't build the factory, then I couldn't get the factory to pump out computer parts because I was missing ingredients. But in the end I did finish it. Remember that accessibility is still in early stage, so things ain't gonna be all good just yet, so have a bit of patience.

2020-04-18 04:10:02

There's christal regions there? I'm still searching lol

2020-04-18 05:08:49

I found myself that going back to space and then back to the planet map is as good as reopening the ap. On the plus side though, you get more xp for exploring new regions so you might as well do it, indeed I'm making it a practice now to sink all my cash into exploring just before finishing a mission. Extra commercial complexes are also good, since again, more buildings built means more xp over all.

Also, remember that just like in crafting Kingdom, boosts with videos are your friend, you can use the scrub gesture to move out of them with vo after only a few seconds. This indeed is a problem for me at the moment with the research bug, since watching a video counts as closing the ap which resets the research timer, so at the moment basically I can either play, or do research, but not both, which is very annoying.

~Either way though, making money is just a matter of time, and exploring is just about money, just so long as you make sure to go back to space and back to refresh the map occasionally, crystals should show up eventually.

Btw, just for kicks, I recently got a full production chain going and produced some quantum batteries, which was pretty cool, albeit I did have one case where the warehouse I built one to the right of a gas connector couldn't be connected to it for some strange reason, and I needed to build another one.

2020-04-18 08:01:40

this game is so fantastic. it's better than crafting kingdom. in my opinion, because you can take cash really fast.

2020-04-18 10:16:09

Okay, I have a couple of questions about higher level buildings.
I've been turning necessity into a virtue, and basically taking longer establishing a colony to allow my research projects time to finish, since watching a boost video resets the timer as well as closing the ap or even going to the lock screen (damn this is an annoying bug!).

This even resulted in one very annoying circumstance where I couldn't get out of the connection screen, and had to close the ap and reset the timer.
Either way though, on the plus side this means I'm getting further in terms of experience, I've just started sector 5 and I'm level 13, although at the moment most of my skill points are going into those skills which help me best avoid none access issues, like reducing pollution and extending connectivity.

This means i've also unlocked the trade port and robotics centre, which both seem a bit odd.

Firstly, the production interface for the robotics centre is not the same as that in the factory, and it doesn't seem possible to find out the requirements for building each item.

Secondly, the trade port has buttons showing the amount of each thing you have, however, none of the resources are named, including that required by the offer. Indeed, whilst I did complete a trade port offer, it essentially took guessing what they wanted based on my current production, and a guess that the resources at the trade port were in the same order on the  display as those in the colony base, food, ore, crystals, gas, construction materials, computer parts and quantum batteries.

Is there a way of finding out what the trade port wants? Indeed, I was lucky the trade port was asking for something, namely ore which I was actually producing at the time, if they'd wanted gas or quantum batteries, much less either of the more advanced goods, I'd have been in trouble.

I also noticed that the cost for activating alien artefacts wasn't mentioned, when I was lucky enough to find one.

Hopefully the developer is aware of these issues. I used the contact form to send her a link to this topic and ask about the research timer bug, but I've not had a reply as yet.

2020-04-18 12:56:25

Hi.

@dark, I've done the same thing, if I get a reply I'll let everyone know.