2020-03-28 00:13:13 (edited by Dark 2020-03-28 00:32:09)

I stumbled on this on Itch.io, and when I read it was inspired by a dark room, seedship and oregon trail I thought it'd be good.

Think of a short terminal game with very simple controls, just s, d and f and hitting enter after each choice.
everything is terminal window so access is perfect, there isn't even any annoying ascii.
The only miner thing to watch is that with NVDA, when in battles, if the text of the battle doesn't change but your hp does, NVDA doesn't auto read the change, but hay, it's easy enough to check with your review curser keys.

the environment is a very creepy horror one with demons, walking corpses and swarms of roaches, plus lots of graves, and whilst the game is short, it's a recent release, and it's also nicely random, plus the developer is apparently going to be adding more scenarios in future. I've not finished the game so far, but I gather from comments it's a short one, still, from small grave yards, great zombie  hoards grow etc, and the stats and random encounters are fun!

Game can be Found here

Enjoy!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-28 00:19:13 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-03-28 00:20:48)

Nice I'm gonna follow this one for sure if more is coming.

Edit: page seems to be missing. sad

2020-03-28 00:20:15

Hi.

@dark, the link doesn't work.

Here's the link https://deephoursamurai.itch.io/grave-walk

I'm gone for real :)

2020-03-28 00:34:26

Thanks brad, I updated the link in the first post, methinks my C&P went wonky.

Actually I've had another go at this, and it has some quite interesting little mechanics, in particular I like the way you sort of need to work out the stats system as you go along, and even need to find certain encounters that let you view your stats, also I like the fact that all three of your stats, strength, dexterity and vitality are needed, so this is one game which actually rewards you for running away from monsters since it builds up your dex.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-28 01:35:51

Hi.

@dark, it's a good little game.

I'm gone for real :)