2020-04-02 04:44:20

I was a Geomancer and priest. smile Now I'm trying that mediator job, seems... I mean... I have no idea what to think. But I'm getting back into the game, even finished a few missions.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-02 05:14:26

I don't know what your build is like. Mediator is an excellent support job though.
Some popular strength jobs are samurai, mystic knight, knight and berserker. Some popular wis jobs are wizard, redmage and caller.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-04-02 21:24:21

Hrm, I'm questioning if I should start over or try to scavenge a bunch of job levels at 70 to get Samurai back up. That and to figure out a class to pair up with samurai that's neat.

One of the uh, odd htings about the Samurai job is that one of its armor option is robe. Looking down the list, there's an amazing robe option that boosts both magic attack and attack. However, ti requires a lot of wis for a job that uses str for magic attack calcs. Am I going crazy or is this normal? 

I'm guessing on the best way to build a samurai and a job to pai up with it. I see some weird things as options, including a katana that works with Soldier stuff. And limit break through the other passive is a fun option.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-04-03 02:26:49

Samurai is nearly a complete package. Healing, wall (shell plus protect), damage, regen, haste. If you think its healing or its shell-protect aren't good enough, use priest or cleric. If you like its completeness, consider mediator as your secondary (talkskill, for praise, which will jack your attack up). Generally, you'll want to wear armour, not robes, as a samurai; don't build wis on an str char.

2020-04-03 08:01:53 (edited by Vazbol 2020-04-03 17:29:15)

Honestly, I think it's just my stat spread on my character that's annoying me right now. there's somewhat of a rule of thumb to follow with main stats, and I'm a bit behind. I just need to accept that if I just try to pick the highest str value moving on the next 30 levels, I can just fix it all up from lv 100-110. 

And admittedly berserker isn't so bad playing around with it. I think I just need to keep pushing forward and grab triple kick for bosses, and boosting fury damage on everything. And raise fury. Still want to raise up Samurai at some point. Seems people at some point int he 100's move onto ap grinding for more class options. Samurai just seems too helpful for serving as a secondary to survive the training process for other jobs.

Though on the topic of Samurai, is it just the buffing classes to put with it? I always thought combining  it with swordsman might be a fun option. The autoattacks with a samurai don't seem that great even with buffed str and atk. Just get a multi-charge quadraslam. It would be a burst (if slow) burst of damage. Among the other options.

Also soldier because of that weird Material blade katana. Though Soldier would probably have better pairing options. Unless people just want to do samurai stuff until low on health, then switching to soldier moves... Hm, weird idea.

but right, I think I'll probably play something simple for a bit to think and just play with my long neglected Geomancer.

2020-04-03 09:18:35

my current combination are swordsman and priest for now, not that good but priest can help me heal and boost my defence, also if I ever need mana, I just do empower ability from swordsman. I honestly wish to play around with soldier or magitec knight.
Then again I kind of regret my choice of darkknight...

2020-04-03 11:47:47

Wow, so much I have to learn. I actually completed a few missions from FF7 yesterday, so I feel good about that. I used the news channel thing to find out about a few of them, and that… Regennisis organization for some of them too. This missions are so memorable, I mean, I've never had to dress up as a girl in any other game to help complete a mission and oh my gosh am I still wearing that dress? Oh no! Lol! And that comment Arith's mom made before we left for the mansion… I still have to get more shells for the RoboCook, but I could see finishing that today.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-03 14:29:09

Do you still have to complete a lot of quests and puzzles in this game?
I really want to try it but frankly I can't solve mud puzzles, specially because i'm not really familiar with the universe

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2020-04-03 14:36:20

@33 they are starting to convert quest into mission so... if you stuck somewhere you can freely ask around now. qinfo was  illegal big_smile

2020-04-03 16:48:16

Yeah, missions usually aren't too hard, just try to not kill mobs until your mission is to do so, or you'll probably be waiting a good 20 minutes for them to respawn. It's not hard once you get the hang of it, and even for me, coming back after like, a year of not playing, it hasn't been hard getting into the hang of things. Regarding the universes, there are Fanfiction novelizations of, at least, Chrono Trigger, FF6, and FF7. I'm not sure about FF5 though, or Secret of Mana.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-03 16:55:00

What clients do you guys use.
Should i use the soundpack for it?
Also, can't the admins just increase the spawn rate of the mobs?
say, if a mob spawns 50 at a time, make it spawn 90 at a time, or increase the rate of which they spawn

2020-04-03 17:32:25

Ooh, I've been hearing missions I haen't done yet. Guess more new stuff is put in along with the redesigns of some zones.

I think my geomancer was supposed to be the magitek knight, though not sure how that combo exactly works. I need to reread info on it, but at a good point the magitek job had stuff requiring both attack and matk, so str and wisdom all the way I guess. Still haven't entirely found a secondary for the job yet. Using bard right now because atk/matk boosts, healing and mana restores sounds helpful for both strategies.

...Also you know, geomancer dances + bard music.

2020-04-03 18:46:12

Okay so, a few things.

1. Quests are still around, but they're being converted to missions when referring to jobs. Swordsman, dk/hk, cleric/sorcerer and magitek are all mission-based now. Soldier and dragoon quests are still in place. Here's a tip though. Use google. Seriously. All I'm going to say, but if the game doesn't want you to talk about qinfo, then that's fine, but the info is out there.
2. Don't raise str and wis just so that magitek/geomancer are better. Because here's the thing. The game will add your attack and magic attack to get a number to use for damage. So let's just use raw easy numbers here. If you had 200 attack and 200 magic attack, it will add the two together, get 400, divide by 2 and yield 200 attack on magitek/geomancer skills. Now, if you had 350 attack and only 50 magic attack, same deal. You won't be penalized if one of those stats is low while the other is high; trying to raise both is generally going to mean that your vit or will suffers, and you'll end up being a char that's decent at melee, decent at spells, and generally just doesn't cut it.
3. Spawn rates. Some areas are smaller than others. Zozo, for instance, has well over 200 mobs in it; when you're doing the mission there, you will not be able to kill those mobs fast enough to clean the area completely before it repops, unless you're ridiculously overpowered (mission is level 40-ish, if you're level 55+ maybe you can do it, if you can play on vulns). There are two types of maps. Most areas are static, which is to say that room 1 always loads the same mobs. Another is called a generator, which means that every time a mob is killed, another mob is generated somewhere else. I believe that's how this works. Most areas are non-generators because the administration doesn't want someone just camping in an area for ever and ever and ever, and because some monsters need to be limited. Most missions don't make you do multiple repops of an area at lower levels; it only starts becoming an issue at higher levels, and again, there are tons of other places to go. You will nearly always have more than two missions open at once; if one area is empty, go find another. It's not hard.

If you see Atropos or Nyrrhl around, BTW, that's me.

2020-04-03 20:15:21

A few more things atop those few more things before my things:
1. Take control of when you level.
When you first start out, it is shockingly easy to over level yourself to the point of being level 30 but only having a couple of job levels in a couple of jobs.  Stats and hp are nice, but if you only have the piddling start attacks from your jobs at your disposal you're going to have a terrible time.  I'd recommend asking for a rotten experience egg right off the bat..
Rotten experience eggs stop you gaining experience from kills and militia raids as long as you have them equipped and can be bought from the chocosquare in the golden saucer for 400 choco coins.  Players usually amass stacks and stacks of these coins doing races to level their chocobos and have no problem handing you an egg if you ask.
While not gaining experience and not leveling sounds counter intuitive, this allows you to comfortably sit at say... level 15 for as long as you like, gaining AP in as many jobs as you like, to whatever job levels you like.
2. Fill out the job tree early on:
Higher end jobs require you have job levels across a bunch of other jobs (TempleKnight fuck you) this means that you'll be grinding out job levels in jobs that you're really not optimized for at level 60 or so.  Doing this later on is garbage, as death is much more costly at this stage, stuff hits harder and so on.
3. Exploit chemist early on:
Seriously... Knot of rust kills it at low levels as the attack doesn't scale off of stats that you don't have.  If you spend your AP that you get from the tutorial on squire's gained AP up, go kill a few rabites, learn knot of rust from chemist and use both these things you'll have a pretty effective setup to carry you through the first few levels.  Combine with your rotten experience egg for best results.
4. Level chemist:
Chemist's late game combat abilities are basically broken and not in a good way, but it's utility abilities  more than make up for it. You'll want to learn the hell out of everything as this job as a secondary will become a life saver when you have to farm battle points in the battle arena for the nice items there.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2020-04-03 21:06:02

I don't know. parking oneself at lv 15 and grinding classes to job level 20 (I've seen someone at Job level 20 on a Jumi, oof) sounds like a great way to frustrate someone. I sort of know it's possible to do if you know how to grab blue mage and thousand needles early. essentially can smash things a bit higher doing an unavoidable 1k damage for stuff 10-15 levels higher), but that's sort of painful. Essentially grinding the same few areas, over and over for days/weeks depending on intention at lv 15...

I've sort of been told opposite. That's it's easier to grind jobs later with access to better equipment to boost up your piddly job attacks. It'll take a bit of slashing down weaker mobs, you can eventually enjoy the boosted benefits higher level ap. Well that, and level jobs that can hold their own as a secondary for decent damage to skip the first 15 job levels.

Bit weird though. I see other players just quickly level, and do all their ap grinding at 120-140, or do it at lv 15-30.

...Though, i do recommend grinding out buffing jobs you plan to take and use often at low levels. Leveling bard or Mediator is just painful at higher levels. Though not impossible.

ON that balance bit, I uh, think it depends on the approach. geomancer's equipment slots seem all over the place. Axe is entirely useless, instrument only has one useful option at weird stat spreads with agi/wil. This mostly leaves swords and it's many weird options with differing str/wis reqs. Though, that elemental list sword seems like a statless boost to geomancer/magitek. But until then, it seems like a weird mix of clothes, robes and swords. Not sure what one might recommend for dual att/mat boosting between clothes/robes.

2020-04-03 21:22:25

What clients do you guys use?

2020-04-03 21:31:00

mush, here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3zu2mezd9t6b … t.zip?dl=1

2020-04-03 23:51:49

I use the Mush Client, the one with the UOSS Sound Pack already in it. Also, how do I know when I have the latest pack? I downloaded it right from the UOSS site, is that the link to the latest one? I ask because it looks like the latest change to it was from 12/22/18.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-04 00:56:35

Yukiko is no longer maintaining it or so I heard, maybe someone should step in and continue developing the soundpack?

2020-04-05 07:52:02

Just realized I had this failed attempt at a class. Anyone here have experience with trainers? the mechanic of using certain weaknesses to break a target is fun. Having to find these weaknesses through spamming an ability on a long cooldown to pray you get useful information on monsters you ahve a candle light of taming? Uh, no.

Also what's recommended as a secondary and stats fo rit? I get a vague sense that since the minions do msot of the work, survivability and hp was probably the most important. Not really a point to shoot for damage buffs, unless the class self-buffs and attacks on its own. Not many options for that though.

2020-04-05 14:59:40

to return to the original topic of this thread, Although you'll be shutting yourself off from about half the game. 4dimensions can be used somewhat. It is based on dekumud and there are 8 races, though gringo and indian are exactly the same. in terms of fantasy races, you have centaurs, fawns, elves, and dwarves, and if you want future stuff, you have space wolves and martians too.

The game has you jumping about time and space as after a cosmic disaster, a tourism company has set up a thing where you can go to varous parts of time to tour and such. The game is lighthearted, and of course, not historically accurate by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, unlike a lot of muds there is a lot of puzzle solving in this one and the best gear in the game is only available to those who do the puzzles and such throughout the game.

The game hasn't been super-active for years but they still put out a new zone from time to time as they did one based on "attack of the clones" and another one that is a battle between goblins and orcs in another.

A lot of the ancient/prehistoric time period can deal with mythical/fantasy stuff and that is the bread and butter of the medieval time period. Even a few places in the future have a fantasy feel like one that is based on final fantasy 7. And although while not truly "fantasy" There's a victorian london II section in the old west dimension with classic gothic horror characters.

2020-04-05 16:34:23

Also want to peep in Lost Souls (lostsouls.org Port: 23. Though, one somewhat has to accept that you're not much more special from npc's. it takes a bit getting used to to understand how one should level and allocate stat points to actually get powerful. Ther are a myriad of guilds all with different themes to go and horribly poke something, utilizing a specialty system where groups of 10 stat points represent a single special point value to expand skill caps. So 120 strength would let you allocate 12 specialty points to increase skill caps for str skills like shields, massive blow and other related skills.

Probably the best feature of the mud is the race selection. Races don't differ only by stats. Many generally have unique bonus specialties in skills, and even features far different from normal races. body shapes can differ, as armors and items that work for a human may not work for a a dragon. then there are races that are out there in playstyle, such as a bezhuldaar (A beholder) and shoggoth (a slime blob that grows organs and body parts to do insane things despite having tiny startin stats).PLaying a floating sphere of eyes with no hands or legs, and a literal slime monster are odd to play all things considerred And options can get even weirder with the Wrushi, which is literally a race of cat/dog hybrids with emense psychic powers. Unfortunately, they were enslaved as house pets as despite all these psychic powers, they can't speak normally and took a while to develop mindspeaker. This means you literally start as a cat thing with paws instead of hands, emense psychic potential... but no ability to speak nor starting psionics. This makes it quite difficult to join guilds and ask for training until one develops mindspeaker, and knowledge of developing and triggering wild talents is required.

2020-04-05 19:19:38

I gave it a shot a few years ago, but gave up because of something... now I don't remember, but I do remember a guild, what was it... it's a kind of combination bitween warrior and umm, mage? , not really, but yeah they could like make their blade in flame or something.

2020-04-05 20:52:18 (edited by liam gastter 2020-04-05 20:53:16)

what is the mud du ,du you hav to type kmands?,if not what is the i p fore uss mud?

2020-04-06 13:13:20

I just got started on lost souls. It is one of the most active things I've seen in a long time in MUDs but keep in mind there is no way to consider enemies to know how strong they are, you have a limited number of lives before you are dead forever (though you can buy more both with real and fake money) and specialization can be a little weird and hard to get ahold of and I don't claim to have it down at all right now.