2020-04-04 20:58:25

@72:
Its probably too early to ask, but do you ever see the ability for highlighted text to be able to be spoken? I was playing with this last night with the first thing I had available to me: Pokemon Emerald. It... kinda works.
I've only tried with visual boy advance, I might have better luck with retroarch. That's not the point I was trying to make though. The potential here is really cool and is just 1 step closer to making what we probably once thought impossible.

2020-04-04 21:02:12

Ok Hadi, I'll do crop for current window too. I can't tell you wehnm, unfortunately. smile
I don't get how you could make lion announce the selected option with a preset. What do you imagine this preset would do? After all, the game inidcates selection by coloring the item and/or drawing a cicrle around it, right? How might lion detect that?
Btw, is there a guide for playing newer fifa versions? a friend would like to try, but he knows only fifa 06 and can't figure out newer ones.
I guess I can't change the title, Or did I miss the option?

assault_freak, I'm just a little thief, I use the win 10 OCR engine smile. Is something better appears, I'll use it.

arturminyazev, does it read anything to you at all?

2020-04-04 21:06:24

hello
@77, I guess that no.

let's rock!

2020-04-04 21:19:01

@vortex1024
sorry, i explained the preset thing wrong, by preset i means profiles. e.g., different crop profiles that you could change with a hotkey, or by pressing a hotkey to bring a window, that you could switch  crop profiles.
I will explain how you can read selected menu items with your addon.
In fifa, Street fighter, and many games, when a menu item is selected, there's a part of the screen that acts as a tooltip, and explains what this item that you selected do. By  defining a crop setting for that part,  then when you  use your arrow keys and select menu items, you will automatically hear the tooltips!
In fifa for example, in team manager, when you move  over players with your arrow keys, there's a part of the screen, that is like this:
Playername
Prefered foot: right
Position: striker

As you scroll through the players, that information changes.
So by presets, i mean a way to switch through crop settings, so you could switch from menu item positions, player tooltips, or the actual gameplay, player in control of the ball position. Or even for different games, and apps.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2020-04-04 22:14:56

Sorry i forgot your question about fifa.
I will make a guide about it. does your friend want to play it on PC?
does he know how to work with origen?
Also does he want to  talk about it privately, like skype?

2020-04-05 05:47:05

First of all this is a fantastic addon.
Second of all is there a way to make lion catch new text under already existing text? As an example, I'm playing bladed fury and the new text sometimes shows up under the old, so lion stops reading. Even if I change the time lion OCR's, it doesn't seem to add or read for whatever reason.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2020-04-05 13:58:45

death wrote:

First of all this is a fantastic addon.
Second of all is there a way to make lion catch new text under already existing text? As an example, I'm playing bladed fury and the new text sometimes shows up under the old, so lion stops reading. Even if I change the time lion OCR's, it doesn't seem to add or read for whatever reason.

I also have this issue as well, not sure what is causing it

2020-04-05 15:45:17

I have some XBox 360 games that I’m playing on my XBox 1X. Would this add-on be able to detect the text from it since I’m using my capture card to OCR the screen?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-04-05 23:13:50

This add-on is pretty useful. I thought of a suggestion while trying to use it on some games that have a lot of scrolling text.

Would it be possible to add a hotkey that runs OCR one time and speaks the result? It seems that the add-on has some trouble when text is added on to what it has already read, so a one time OCR scan that uses the cropping rules may be useful.
It would also make running OCR a little faster than using the function that is built into NVDA.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2020-04-06 16:14:51

arturminyazev,  are you sure the youtube video has subtitles and that they are shown on screen? have you switched to maximum quality, full screen, and disabled the curtain?

cj89, see my previous post.

Hadi,aha, now I get it. I didn't know about those tooltips. How do you think the profiles should be changed? from a List, activate them consecutively by a keystroke, or something else? I doubt I can assign particular keystrokes for each profile.
About my friend, he's using a pc. I asked about origin. I guess skype wouldn't bee to easy« as he's not too good in english. Maybe I could act as a translator if you think this is easier.

Death, are you comfortable changing the addon code to test a potential fix?

flameAlchemist, if the output is shown on your pc screen and has sufficient resolution, full hd would be ideal, then it should work.

livrobo, so, the reasons you want this over standard nvda ocr are that it is faster, since it speaks the text, and uses the cropping rules?

2020-04-06 16:48:29 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-04-06 16:50:58)

@vortex1024
I think a simple window to select your lion presets would be perfectly fine, Like the way golden cursor does with mouse positions.
I also have the bug that death mentioned, for two games.
If i manually OCR, i can see the new text appearing under the old text, but lion does not detect it for some reason. I'll give you an example below.
first state:
"Scientist Nathan Lets
Scientist Sarah Afshar
Scientist shiang Wiu
@200
@200
@200
Recruit
Recruit
Recruit"
Now, second state.
"Scientist Nathan Lets
Scientist Sarah Afshar
Scientist shiang Wiu
@200
@200
+familiar with research: biology, +150/0 research speed.
@200
Recruit
Recruit
Recruit"
Lion fails to find that text that appears there, I am not sure it's because i have three windows open on top of each other, or  if the text is too small for it, not really sure.

Regarding Fifa
If your friend doesn't mind paying $60 for fifa 20, then I recommend, if he can, get sighted help to purchase fifa 20 on origen, and then install the fifa game from within the origen client. so then from there he could play the game on his own.
However, He might not even like the game, so  maybe i suggest  you guys wait until i record a basic  video of me playing  so he could see how the game is played.
Also how comfortable is he using  NVDA OCR? because  you need that to select teams, leagues, ETC.
Also if you like, mail me at code0 at gmx dot com to continue our conversation on fifa, I can't send you a forum mail, cause the forums are broken! I tried to send you a mail and it spewed some 404 error.

2020-04-06 17:02:34

hello
vortex1024, yes i sure.

let's rock!

2020-04-06 22:52:48

Define comfortable? I can follow directions, but I won't understand what's going on lolz. If you dumb it down for me I should be able to do it no problem, though.

2020-04-07 07:22:07

@vortex1024:
Yep, that's what I was trying to say. It would definitely be nice to use it in place of NVDA's OCR in certain situations.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2020-04-07 08:31:59

I get this error from NVDA log.
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation
ERROR - globalPluginHandler.listPlugins (13:29:35.990) - MainThread (4956):
Error importing global plugin lion
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "globalPluginHandler.pyc", line 23, in listPlugins
  File "importlib\__init__.pyc", line 127, in import_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\lion\globalPlugins\lion\__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    recog = contentRecog.uwpOcr.UwpOcr()
  File "contentRecog\uwpOcr.pyc", line 86, in __init__
  File "contentRecog\uwpOcr.pyc", line 66, in getConfigLanguage
  File "contentRecog\uwpOcr.pyc", line 37, in getInitialLanguage
  File "contentRecog\uwpOcr.pyc", line 26, in getLanguages
  File "NVDAHelper.pyc", line 543, in getHelperLocalWin10Dll
  File "ctypes\__init__.pyc", line 439, in __getitem__
  File "ctypes\__init__.pyc", line 434, in __getattr__
  File "ctypes\__init__.pyc", line 364, in __init__
OSError: [WinError 126] The specified module could not be found
I'm using windows 7 ultimate  64 bit.
Thanks in advance smile

best regards, muhammad chafid

2020-04-07 08:42:47

Add-on works only under Windows 10 I suppose, since it uses the Windows 10 internal OCR.

2020-04-07 15:09:35

Oh wow, I'm definitely going to try this add-on with Dissidia Final Fantasy. smile It sounds like it'd work well to catch gold, AP and such I get after battles, before scrolling happens.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-07 17:03:38

Hadi and death, if the second text gets read with the NVDA classic OCR, this might happen because lion sees the texts as being too similar. I run the test for the items hadi gave and I got a 0.78 similarity ratio. By default, LION is configured to reaqd only items with a similarity ratio below 0.5. To change this, open %appdata%\addons\lion\init.py, and change 0.5 to 0.8, or an even greather value, in the following line:
if threshold<0.5 and info.text!="" and info.text!="Play":
Be careful not to change everything else, otherwise you might need to reinstall the addon.
Also, it might begin to repeatedly read things it didn't before. It's hard to find a balance.
If this setting proves to be useful, I'll add it in the next version.

arturminyazev, then I don't know what's going on. It's hard to tell without having a look myself.

2020-04-07 17:36:06

Hello,
Such a setting would definitely be useful. With the default setting, lion cannot distinguish between the following texts:
Text 1:
cparty
Quit
Y
Game Stats
/W'EEDUUYSPEE"
ntain taénu
Challenge Series

Text2:
cparty
Quit
Y
/W'EEDUUYSPEE"
ntain taénu
Quick Race
Game Stats
I'm really happy you're looking after this addon and trying to find fixes for issues.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-04-07 20:25:27

I wonder if it would be possible for this to capture an item by item OCR. E.G. When in Killer Instinct, arrow over an item and it gets OCR'd. Or would this be impossible.

2020-04-07 22:18:44 (edited by burak 2020-04-07 22:20:29)

Hello,
I do think it's possible, by making the addon more sensetive to differences in text. And as he told above that can be adjusted using a parameter in the addon's init.py file.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-04-07 23:42:40

@vortex1024, it's you, you're that king!
I'll try the new  settings and will report back!

2020-04-08 00:15:33

@vortex1024, if possible, could you please make this add-on for windows 7?

best regards, muhammad chafid

2020-04-08 01:27:11

I'm not sure if it works. It works some of the time and other times not, might just need to raise the number even higher. I'm not sure.

2020-04-08 01:57:25

@98: Not possible, because it uses Windows 10's OCR software. This will not work with anything that isn't Windows 10.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!