2020-03-29 22:24:09 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-03-29 23:57:22)

Oh right, There is an option to make NVDA to not interrupt speech for typed letters and enter.
Do you guys know how i can make NVDA to not say, "caps lock, on/off" when i press ccaps lock?
edit: I made this work with fifa!
I changed the caps lock key, protect ball, to Q.
Lion settings. OCR interval, 0.5, capture hole screen, crop from above, 80%
edit2: Jsut to explain what i'm doing, in fifa, when players are in control of the ball, there's a text bar at the bottom of the screen, that writes their names, and the name of the player who is in front of that player, marking him.
With this addon, you can read that text bar, no matter if the commentator announces the players or not!
By the way, when i set the settings to capture current window, the crop settings does not work anymore, I don't know why.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2020-03-30 01:49:04

Hi.

wow, this is brilliant, I just tryed it out with fifa and dang, that thing is quite acuratte, I knew when i had the ball 99 percent of the time.

What would be coolif you could create lion profiles with settings you set up, so people can share game configurations and configurations for other things.
Possibly calling them profiles, or lion cubs, or what ever big_smile.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-03-30 02:51:48

That is  a very good suggestion!
Profiles could help have different presets for crop settings, examples like:
mortal kombat health bar, vlc media player subtitles, fifa player position, fifa team manager, forza motorsport distance to next car, forza motorsport current time lap, and more!
I was having a lot of fun with this add on today, I wanted something like this for years, thanks so much again for making and  releasing it!

2020-03-30 08:53:31

Regarding VLC... I didn't get it to work with subtitles yet. It continues to read several stuff and the same stuff over and over again although it doesn't change, but no subtitles at all. Anyone got that to work?

2020-03-30 18:39:49

wath you du to play fifa with this addon?

2020-03-31 21:21:40

@1 thank you for this wonderfull addon! I'm using it to watch one piece, and works greatly! sometimes the text is not precise, but that is a thing of windows 10 OCR. Keep up with this great work! I like to see more improvements, such some detection when the game menu changes, because in most videogames when you navegate through menus, the texts didn't update.

Sorry for my english

2020-04-03 14:32:33

Diego wrote:

wath you du to play fifa with this addon?

set OCR interval to 0.6
OCR the hole screen
crop from above: 80%
crop from right: 50% I think?
now lion should  read the player names for you  as you control them.

BTW this add on is powerful and great, however, because of the title, which  says sub title reader, a lot of people don't still know what can  this actually do

2020-04-03 14:46:16 (edited by defender 2020-04-03 14:47:08)

I don't have my own braille display right now, so I can't test it. But do you guys think this would be useful for the deaf blind as well?
Maybe there are already existing solutions for them that I do not know about.

2020-04-03 16:09:02

@vortex1024
I hope you're still watching this topic
I uploaded a quick video of me using your addon on a game.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1lw667n2fwqg … s.mp4?dl=0

When my work is done with stellaris and i plan to  contact paradox, I willl definitely have to show your addon to them as well.

2020-04-03 18:36:06

Hello guys!
I tested it here and the results were not good.
First I had to put the addon in window mode, because he was not reading anything.
Second in the match he was speaking a lot of unnecessary information.
How to fix this?

2020-04-04 00:32:14 (edited by muhammad chafid 2020-04-04 00:39:00)

Hi.
I tried the addon but it didn't work. I press insert + alt + l but NVDA didn't say anything. I rename the add-on to .zip and copy it in the addons folder in apdata\nvda but it didn't work too.
I'm using nvda 2019.3.1.
BTW, the addon is 5.6KB. IS the addon that small?

best regards, muhammad chafid

2020-04-04 01:39:00

how you guy are making addon to work?
i tried it with video from youtube it isn't successful.
i choose target as whole screen interval 1.0 second.
about crop of each box i'm not sure what percentage would fit for it.
if you can recommend me for percentage of four box that would be great.

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2020-04-04 03:02:53

Hey! First of all, seriously I am just learning about this now and seeing some crazy crazy potential for this. I too would love to see a profiles feature for each game.

2020-04-04 07:57:30

Awe man. I want to snag this thing, but the website is taking too long to load and is timing out. Is there a way I could get a dropbox link?

2020-04-04 10:35:51

Noticed this, too.

2020-04-04 12:58:28

Same here sad

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2020-04-04 13:03:38

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ar1xozqnluvh … addon?dl=1

2020-04-04 14:29:29

Thanks, big_smile

2020-04-04 16:05:49

Hi
Sory for my bad English, I'm french;
This lion nvda add-on seams very good, maybe complicated, noK?
How to download it, the link in the fist message doesn't work…
Thanks

2020-04-04 16:09:49

hello
gamer95440, you can find download link in post #67

let's rock!

2020-04-04 16:22:23

Thanks, I download it.
Someone can explain me how to use it? How works? And how to know if there are an update when there will be?

2020-04-04 16:45:25

Simba, I'll have profiles on the roadmap for the next version. Currently, there's a duscussion about integrating LION in NVDA, so this might not be necessary, as plain NNVDA profiles would work.

Hijacker, make sure you switch to full screen in vlc. Cropping pixels from above could also help.

Alisson, great. Actually, an anime  was the reason I write my first subtitle reading program. It used external subtitles, but it was more precise. Are you streaming one piece, or downloading it?
Detecting the highlighted item in a game is in a whole new league. This would require a custom trained pattern recognition engine. I doubt I'll have time for this kind of stuff.

Hadi, I intentionally disabled cropping for the other modes. DO you think it would be useful in them, too?
Do you have a better suggestion for the title? I had problems  formulating a description which is both concise and complete.
Thanks for the video, I myself didn't think such a thing was possible. Are you able to actually play that using lion, not only view the status of things? I'd also love to see how it works in fifa/mortal kombat.

Defender, the function I'm using should send text to braille displays, too. The only thing is whether people are able to read the text fast enough, before it gets replaced by another.

wightfall, it should work wiht no percentages in the beginning. Make sure you set youtube to full screen and maximum quality, subtitles are actually shown on the screen, and the curtain is disabled. It was recently brung to my attention that it interferes with LION.

The download link should work again. For the ones that the addon doesn't work for, you can see that it does work for others, so there should be a problem in your configuration.
Yes, it is really 5 kb, as it only uses parts of the NVDA source code.

Usage instructions are in the addon help, accessible from the nvda addons manager.

There were a lot of messages, so sorry if I missed something, please ask again.

2020-04-04 19:30:24 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-04-04 19:43:30)

vortex1024 wrote:

Hadi, I intentionally disabled cropping for the other modes. DO you think it would be useful in them, too?
Do you have a better suggestion for the title? I had problems  formulating a description which is both concise and complete.
Thanks for the video, I myself didn't think such a thing was possible. Are you able to actually play that using lion, not only view the status of things? I'd also love to see how it works in fifa/mortal kombat.

Regarding cropping, I think it would be great if you also enabled them for current window, so we could use it like hole screen.
Two reasons, one reason is that when  you set the add on  to hole screen, sometimes when you have another application dropping itself on top of your screen and you're not noticing it, (example: steam new messages), then  Lioin will fail to read parts of the screen. I was actually confused why is lion not working and not reading half of the screen, then i realized there's another screen on top of my game, Windows has a definition for them, On top, i think? so setting the add on  on to current window will fix those problems, I think.
Second reason is that in my current game, in one of the windows, lion is failing to detect the text changes even though when i manually OCR, i can. I was wondering if changing my config to current window would fix it, but because it does not have crop settings, It was reading a lot of things all at once so i couldn't properly test it, because the other parts of the screen had moving things, IT'd be great if you enable it for current window so i could give this a shot with crop settings.
Regarding fifa, your add on actually boosts its accessibility by miles. It's been years that  we are   asking EA to increase the frequency of the commentators announcing player names when they control the ball, and they just ignore us. Now, with your mod, You can bounce the ball around and instantly hear who is controlling it, and which player is standing in front of you to take the ball away. When presets are implemented, i can make it so that your mod can hear  menu descriptions too, menaing that as you focus on menu items you can hear what item you're focusing on, and i can make another preset for the tema manager, meaning that as you select a player in your team, you can hear what player is selected, so you can easily swap them around in your team.
I will make a video on fifa later.
Regarding stellaris, IT is a work on progress, But once all the golden cursor hotspots are set, the game is playable with mods that help you. However i'm working on a 1920 x 1080 screen so if you have a screen resolution like this, you can play the game once i'm done setting the hotspots. I am going to bug the developers, so if they add keyboard controls, so anyone can play the game without  hotspots.
Regarding the title, I would say, Lion, NVDA intelligent OCR and subtitle reader? Something like that, i'm also bad at this i guess lol, Whatever the title it, this add on is a gem

2020-04-04 19:45:49

@72, this is fantastic. I tested it watching a laythrough of a game released in the US which is dubed only in Japanese but has English subtitles. I'd love to see improved recognition whenever possible, but it's definitely enough to get by. Text dialogs are even read out which is awesome. Please keep working on this whenever you can! Would love it o be in the official addon repository that way addon updater will find it when it's updated.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-04-04 19:59:22

hello
I still have problems with this addon.
how i must configure it to watch subtitles on youtube?

let's rock!