2020-03-27 03:47:35

Hi.

This addon is awesome!

It's not perfect, but it's way better than the thing where you press c on youtube to read the subtitles.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-03-27 05:19:33

Interval at 0.1 seems a bit low. Doubt OCR will happen that quickly.

2020-03-27 10:17:29

I got this, useing nvda 2019.3
[Window Title]
Error

[Content]
Failed to install add-on from C:\Users\TOSHIBA\Downloads\lion-1.0-beta.nvda-addon

[OK]

2020-03-27 12:57:41

I would be very happy if you had the adon to go for nvda 19.2.

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.

2020-03-27 14:25:17

I have been using it in the Netflix for Windows app and it works just fine. Keep up the good work.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2020-03-27 16:54:33

I downloaded and tryed it successfully. I am amazed at how much ocr has advanced since it's fieble beginnings, to be able to recognise changing text in real time, such things no one could even dream about then.
I want to congratulate you, @1, keep it up, man!
btw, my new ocr application, image power, will be ready for release soon, so we'll have plenty ocr based applications till the end of the year, I think, as the technology is evolving so quickly, everyone is enthusiastic about using or proffiting from it.
again, all the best to you, @1, keep it up, you are doing a great job already, though I still think that you should post it on the official nvda add-on repository, regardless of constrictions, you'll conform to them in no time.

2020-03-27 17:45:27

Hi guys!
Worked for me on Youtube.
However, the netflix app don't work.
Wath your configurations to using the netflix?

2020-03-27 17:46:58

I can't seem to download this, the link just times out.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2020-03-27 21:18:52

thumbs up to post 1, this thing works like a charm, not the best but it's grate, thanks, keap up the good work

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-03-28 08:47:40

@29 time to move on. People aren't going to create add-ons for older versions anymore.

2020-03-28 09:22:00

@1. the link does not work.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-28 09:37:02

thanks A lot vortex. This is great stuff. I'm gonna go Have fun with it now.

:)

2020-03-28 17:01:33

Burak, I don't have any games installed. I'll try to write a script which rapidly changes text on the screen when I'll have time. Does the text change significantly wehn scrolling? If not,this might be why. LION tries to not read ttext if it doesn't change, and failes sometimes. I should introduce a setting to modify the change threshold. Meanwhile, does this text get read if you disable and enable LION?

Jsquared, I don't know. This depends on pc performance and image size. Since i can't test all combinations, I let it free for people to experiment.

JasonBlaze, maybe it's a corrupted download. Try again, it should work now.

bgt lover, thanks. I could have added a from camera option, but I decided to let the terrain free for you smile. Expecting the release.

death, thetechguy, the link should have revived. smile

2020-03-28 18:05:52

Hello,
No, that text isn't read when I restart lion, and if I give example from the main menu of a game, one line changes which indicates the option you select.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-03-29 15:13:14 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-03-29 15:38:16)

No fucking way
Does this mean that i can stop begging EA to add improvements to commentary, and actually hear my players  as they control the ball?
oh my fucking god i have to check this out, right now
edit: I am so excited that i'm scared to try this, What if it doesn't work.......

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2020-03-29 15:33:20

I have encountered a small   problem when I watch a video / movie with subtitles enabled. Overall it reads the subtitles quite well,  but there are times where it would skip  a sentence or phrase. The words are still displayed on the screen, but Lion doesn't read them. Other than that, I absolutely love this addon.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2020-03-29 15:47:18

Hello,
I think the reason why it misses sentences is because the addon doesn't think the text has changed enough so it doesn't bother reading.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-03-29 15:50:52

a m! azing!
Thanks for this amazing addon, wish you a good luck.

Yours kindly

2020-03-29 16:19:36 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-03-29 16:23:30)

@burak and others who are using this for games.
Don't set the OCR to 0.1 second. set it to 1 second. 0.1 second is just too fast, it breaks the add on, sort of. then set it to read current window.
I managed to get it work on fifa, but it keeps reading advertizing boards and my player name, guess i have to do some cropping?  also if you press a key, it will stop the speech, so maybe it's not for games yet.
Maybe if it was possible that it send the OCR results to a different speech, or maybe if there was  a settings in NVDA that did not interrupt speech when you pressed keys.

2020-03-29 16:31:24

Does anyone know how the cropping works? I don't understandhow to work with it
E.g., let's say there's a text bar at the bottom of the screen, that i want to scan, should i crop 80% from above?
@vortex1024 thank you for this! This is going to be so good for  gamers....

2020-03-29 17:00:45

Burak, are you comfortable modifying the addon source file to test something?

BrendanGriesel1, try cropping 70% from above the screen, if you haven't done it already. Also, although it might seem counterintuitive, try increasing the oCR interval. It might be that the first OCR doesn't finish until the second one is triggered, and, when the first finishes, the second is skipped altogether, and a third one is executed, after a longer interval.

hadi.gsf, yes, if that text bar is all you want to scan, that's what you should do. Also, if you know the bar is also in the righ part of the screen,you can crop 50% from left, too. This was just an example.
There is speech interrupt for typed characters and enter key.

Thanks everyone for your praises. I didn't expect this would have so much success, guess I should have released it sooner. I also didn't know that people play so many mainstream games, GTA, virtua fighter and mortal kombat were the only ones I knew about. smile

2020-03-29 17:12:26

@vortex1024
Is it possible to make an option to disable speech interrupt by most of the keys? This would probably be very useful in mortal kombat, and fifa, I think.

2020-03-29 17:48:44 (edited by ambro86 2020-03-29 17:52:29)

Hi, first of all thanks for this add-on, but unfortunately I can't get it to work. Whenever I try to install it, the first time it gives me error. If I try to install it the second time it installs, Nvda restarts. But I can't find it in the list of installed add-ons. If I try to reinstall it, it tells me it's already there. If I hit insert alt l it says absolutely nothing. Is it normal or should it tells me like, Ocr activated?
I tried looking in the settings, but I can't find those for the add-on.
Nvda version: 2019.3.1.

2020-03-29 20:32:52

@48: Maybe try going into your Addons folder in
AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons, find the lion folder, deleting it, and reinstalling the add-on.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2020-03-29 21:31:17 (edited by ambro86 2020-03-29 21:50:08)

Hi Deng, thank you. Following the procedure you described, I realized that there was no Lion folder in the add-ons folder. Yet as I said in the previous message I have installed the add-on several times. So I renamed the addon file to .zip, extracted it, and created a Lion folder. I copied the folder along with the other folders of the installed add-ons and finally everything works!
I tried it on a youtube video and it reads the subtitles correctly.
I think however that if it gaves me this error there is something wrong with the addon end, because I installed several other addons without any problem.
Cheers,
Ambro