2021-04-10 16:09:04

@ 75. did you really need that, boy? that is, insulting a country because of a junk game like bc. ok, I agree that the bc is bad, more guy needed to talk so much shit in a post. please be quiet because you don't know anything. about copyright, you love paying good people, but actually. it's you who make most of the shit happen. steal cars? where did you get that this is real, what marijuana are you smoking. is that spoiled marijuana? n and yes brazil is really very cultural, more and the stupid gringos don't know anything about here, nor 1 percent to speak enough.

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-04-10 16:11:58

about @ 73. Yes Yes! now I understand why the blind community here and elsewhere is rubbish, my god. stop it because it's getting stupid. we just wanted to see what the game was like, i da  if the game was just squeeze and wait. fuck no one cares what you think, but what the person lives

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-04-10 16:16:20

And to all the people here, I don't want to offend anyone on this forum. I like the people here. but he just offended my country, so I had to fight back. I didn't want to be offensive. just fight the axism guess here.

official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-04-10 16:25:05 (edited by JaceK 2021-04-10 16:33:39)

@76-78:

In commercialy sold Indie games, flat out using, let's say, a Ferrari with the badge on it, without any sort of license and just shoving it into a GTA-esque game. IndieDB prominently showed those screenshots and the studio got called out on it. Guess what? When the final game released? They didn't alter any of it. Brazil, like it or not, has a reputation for that sort of thing among certain groups of gamers, but equally their studios are revered by certain other groups for putting out fantastic high quality games, even with the stereotype of ripping content and using it in games without a care.

Now. I'm not saying /all/ Brazilian devs are like this. Hell, I just said up there Brazilian studios can, and do, put out some incredible games, and they have put out some incredible simulation videogames among others, but equally, there have 110% been cases of Brazilian studios just flouting copyright law and when called out on it, not fixing it in the final, paid, game. Here's the thing. I get it. You think i'm insulting your country. I get it. But I'mm stating facts, I have seen it happen on sites like IndieDB and places like Steam, and I have, somewhere, on a hard drive, saved logs from the main DM dev stating how pissed off he was at the community and was so sick of it and pulled a vanishing act. DM was, in terms of DMPA, unstable, buggy, and closely resembled your favorite space MUD with a soundpack. Hell if the game got put somewhere I'd wager that the sounds would, with the wrong sort of people, find themselves used in MU* soundpacks without any sort of credit or proper process if people were underhanded enough.

Hell even when DMPA/DMNB/DM...whatever was a thing, there were certain people clamoring for DM V1 to come back. I never played DM v1, but I don't really sit around moping for audiogames to come back when tech and game design moves on. DMPA/DMNB/Dm....whatever isn't really a special online game at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe* the story was ever fully finished for DMPA?

* I may be getting that mixed up with DMPA and another game in the series

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2021-04-10 16:35:31 (edited by Cornettoking 2021-04-10 16:41:56)

@73: I just wanted to maybe find a reason why someone would want this game back. I did not mean to insult anyone, if I did, I am truly sorry.
And I even partially agree with @74.

@79: No, Death match project alpha has a full story. I think you mean final frontier, which, as far as I know, should have been a sort of combination of a singleplayer game and multiplayer game. That one was never released.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-10 17:05:02

If memory serves, it was actually called Fortunes Fronteer.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-04-10 17:17:08

I'm fairly sure Fortune's Frontier never got released? Not gone and searched yet but I thought FF got cancelled thanks to people presuring that dev, if I recall it right?

Also on Linux natively

2021-04-10 19:48:07

@81: You're right. I just didn't remember correctly.

@82: No, it never got released.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-10 19:59:02

As I said before, guys... Stop wanting this old stuff back. JaceK and I were both developers on DMPA, DMNB and so on. Please, stop wanting the server because your not getting it. If you want those kinds of games so badly, why not build them yourselves?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-10 20:21:21

thinking back, dmnb really was amazingly idle, at least where the industry activities were concerned. But I think one of the main reasons people kept playing it was the atmosphere. Ships and such sounded great, the environmental effects were nicely done when you consider what Danny and others had available, and hell, if the sounds of hollowing out your own planet from the inside out aren't satisfying, I don't know what is. Also, if I remember correctly, the community was pretty chill too, besides the drama parts. Most people talk about the dm series like it only brought drama with it. I distinctly remember having, horrors! honest, actual fun on there.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-04-10 21:11:03

at least is there anything that is working that is not mud?  I don't know, space combat muds are kind of weird to me

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2021-04-10 21:30:38

@85, I agree, the game was indeed quite fun.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-10 21:55:23

post 74, You wrote as if a new online space sandbox would declare as a clone of death match series. Let me say that You are wrong to a limitless extent to anyone who thinks like that. Please do not make things so difficult for the already much limited number of game developers that we have today.
I had such pleasant times with death match series. So I tried several times to run a server to have some fun with my friends and I did run the server! but  I tell you. Every single attempt failed eventually, because of the numerous amount of bugs that the game presented us. Don't go for it if you're planning to, or at least if you do, save yourself the headache and don't post about your not-lasting running server to the forums or anywhere else in the social media.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2021-04-10 22:19:53 (edited by zenothrax 2021-04-10 22:20:37)

I'd love to see someone take what made the Death Match series great, The interesting universe, the stellar sound design, and everything else that was great about the games and make it  your own. Build your own setting, storyline, and most important, build your own game. Stop relying on 7 year old code that never really worked right in the first place.
As a wise monkey once said, you can either run from the past, or learn from it, or in this case you can embrace the past and run from the future, or learn from the past and build a better game, learning from the mistakes made with the death match series.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-04-10 22:35:26 (edited by Ethin 2021-04-10 22:35:48)

@88, you clearly have absolutely no idea what your even talking about. That is evident from your post. Given the right incentive and background knowledge -- which isn't hard to attain, by the way -- anyone could easily build something better than DMNB. These guys don't want to do it because it would take too much time, so they go hunting for 7-year old code that probably won't even work.

My Github

2021-04-10 23:09:17 (edited by kianoosh 2021-04-10 23:32:14)

Ethin, Are you sure that you addressed the right post? I don't see what you say relate to my post , which is post 88. Anyhow, I'm willing to explain any point in my post that caused the obvious confusion. I know I didn't ask them to go and make a new game similar to DMNB, nor did I say it's difficult to develop a game like that, neither did I provide any reasons as for why they don't make a similar game to DMNB. And my post was mainly directed to people who were tempted to run a server, except for the first of it which was directed to post 74 which commented out something that I see a lot in this community and drives me mad anytime I see it pop up.

---

2021-04-11 00:53:35

@91, I apologize if I misinterpreted your post.

My Github

2021-04-11 17:36:04

No worries. It happens.

---

2021-04-14 09:22:42

hello. the link is not working. please, could you upload it agayn?

2021-04-14 09:51:22

just let this thing stay gon, trust me, if their was a delete toppic button, this toppic would be gon by now, as I am not intrested in space games in genral any more

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-14 11:01:32

Ask for it to be closed by the staff team.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-14 12:20:14

ok, to any staf members who read this topic, I my self realised that this game was not wirth hosting a server of about last year, I did not post after that cause I wanted the topic forgotten, but I see that is not the case any more, so I want this topic closed

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-14 12:32:39

make sure to report the topic as that will make it more likely to be seen by staff.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2021-05-25 22:27:55

You're really, really not helping the situation by bringing it to the top of the list. Just saying.
For what it's worth, I might actually try this if it's somehow converted into something playable. Equally, however, I won't lose any sleep if nothing comes of any of this.

2021-05-25 22:42:06 (edited by JaceK 2021-05-26 00:53:22)

Alright. Rant incoming.

Jesus fucking christ people. Let the game fucking die already. Let.It. Die.

It's nothing special in 2021. It wasn't anything that groundbreaking back in the day. As a dev who put literal /hours/ into adminning the server and ran interference...

Stop. Let the game die. You want to keep bringing a game back that's broken, a bug riddled mess, I can name fifty ways to break the game just by moving around and logging in, and by, oh yeah, just playing. It was a broken, bug riddled mess and, I'm going to let you all in on a secret.

Danny didn't want to make it. But you all fucking pressured him. You were all in your little Skype group spamming the fuck out of it. The second he got on the server to do any work he couldn't. He couldn't even play other games without people harrassing him. Yes. I'm using that word. Harrassing. Would you go on a game and harrass a developer on a totally different game and push them to the point where they don't feel like they want to play their own game? I have plenty of chat logs where it's absolutely crystal fucking clear the project's done, nothing's being fixed because of the god damn community. You want to know why Danny vanished?

Look in the mirror, all of you. Look in the fucking mirror and take a long, hard, god damned, mother fucking, look at yourself. I have logs of people swarming anyone named Danny on a game because they assume it's /that/ one when it isn't. It's just some random guy trying to play a game. Jesus fucking christ. What the fuck is wrong with people who feel the need to follow and stalk a developer from game to game, exactly? You should all be fucking ashamed of yourselves. And let's address the elephant in the room.

I was a developer. I don't much like Farhad using a project I was involved in, without coming and asking me first if it's okay. You already know I'd say no. But to go behind my back and just do this? That's like me stealing the Swamp code and putting up an unofficial Swamp server and saying 'lol but everyone misses Swam'

Yeah. No. Fuck that shit. You're using shit I was involved in. Without asking me first.

Is the game playable?
Yes...and no. It's playable to a point. Then it'll randomly crash. Then you'll have to restart the client and server. You'll then have to do that again for another random issue anywhere from five seconds to an hour later. Because that's how god damn broken the code is.

Oh and one more thing...

Why the actual fuck are you so obsessed with Deathmatch? You can do everything in Dm in <insert your favorite space MU* here> with infinitely more polish, a dev who hasn't been run out of the community and on actual, legal servers.

TL:DR Let this flaming dumpster fire of a game die. How many more times do Ethin and I have to say it?

EDIT: I got a +1 for that rant. Really? Alright, I'll take it...

Also on Linux natively