2020-03-27 14:04:49

last time i am posting here in a vile, but as it has to do with this, Farhad Ali Bhatti, i sent you an pm, i will leave now!

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-03-27 14:34:20

yes fredd,
I have received,
thank you!

2020-03-27 14:47:36

tell me if the instructions i gave you works

So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-03-27 19:47:24

I'd help out with the story if I could remember it. But I don't. smile Get some people together and come up with your own story -- that's a much nicer thing to do and shows your actually trying to make something original, no offense intended.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-03-27 20:50:12

@Fredd please check your pm inbox

Sentinel, out.
Contact me via telegram at t.me/velanGL, or through discord as azuremist. Do not pm me without informing me somewhere I need to read them as I do not check them and can't read the email this account is attached to

2020-03-27 22:05:36

How do I connect to this

Sentinel, out.
Contact me via telegram at t.me/velanGL, or through discord as azuremist. Do not pm me without informing me somewhere I need to read them as I do not check them and can't read the email this account is attached to

2020-05-13 01:28:54

Hey all,
So I just started working on this thing today, code named project space for the time being. I have a couple questions for you guys.
Which movement stile would you prefer in a game like this, side scrolling or topdown? Right now my framework supports the former, though this can be changed if necessary. Also, should this extend to space as well or would you rather space be 3D, or simply topdown with no Z axes at all?
My space system isn't fully coded yet, but here's how I think I'll probably do it. Rather than having different sectors, space will essentialy be one huge area. Anything from X 0 to about 1000 will be in local space, while 10000 + will probably be out of communications range if I ever add such a thing. If space ends up being topdown or 3D, these figures will apply on the Y axes as well, probably...
Ships will have a sensor range, and an object will have to be within this range in order for it to be navigated too using auto pilot. You will also be able to autopilot to a specific set of coordinates from anywhere, and I'll probably add a jump drive to one of the higher end ships which would make the ship do a massive jump in the specified direction which would hopefully make getting in and out of locals a little quicker.
Thoughts so far? I rather like the idea of a fully 2D space system myself, it would be something different anyway, but at the same time I'm not sure if that would make navigation too easy / boring.

2020-05-13 03:08:53

3d

Sentinel, out.

2020-05-13 09:39:20

@haily_merry,
3d system will be very nice.
nice to hearr that you are working on this project.
I will be wait till I play this game!

2020-05-13 09:44:48 (edited by haily_merry 2020-05-13 09:48:47)

I should probably clarify. The map will not be 3D, that would require a complete reworking of the system I'm not prepared to do at the moment. Space can be made 3D, though with my current system in mind that probably wouldn't be used much.
Also, were you ever able to get this version of DMNB up and running? If so, what is the space navigation like in that version? I know ground movement is sidescrolling, but not sure about space.

2020-05-13 09:50:32

I think space was 3d.

2020-05-13 09:55:36 (edited by Dakonna 2020-05-13 09:55:55)

Hi, space was always a 3d system. Ground movement was top down in the original dmnb which lasted so long, briefly became side scrolling, then ended up as a first person system. I would prefer top down navigation over side scrolling, although if you ever plan on something like ground combat, you might want to consider going through the efforrt of adding a z-axis and rotation system.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-13 14:41:44

Yeah, see my original reason of making it side scrolling was to hopefully make ground combat more fun and less laggy. I feel like the sort of combat games like redspot, tk, bloodbath etc employed has just been way over done.
@connor, so let's say hypothetically I were to make space entirely 3D. How would you then suggest I handle space as a hole? How should planets be positioned, what should be uncharted space, etc? This is why I'm personally leaning towards totally side scrolling 2D for everything, it's a lot easier for me to map out in my head.

2020-05-13 17:06:48

i agree with the sidescrolling option, would be easy to navigate around, and can you make it so we actualy have to take off our self insted of just sitting down and waiting for it to do it automaticaly?

2020-05-13 18:47:24

Hi,
Can you be a little bit more specific? What exactly should the player have to do in order to take off? I'm fairly certain in most actual plains it's fairly automated as well, so...

2020-05-13 18:57:43

hi,
docking & undocking system before take off & landing.

2020-05-13 19:57:57

the player shoulld move left or right depending on where the radar is so they dont crash into other things, i thing it is smart so players dont have to be lazy and just sit back

2021-04-09 20:55:54

can someone send me this?  I will save to my gdrive.  @ 8 had put it in the sendspace, but that site rubbish clears after a while.

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2021-04-09 23:47:08

if anyone has it and can play it, please send it to me. i got a 2d one and couldn't get it to work. i think it required some MY sql.

2021-04-10 02:50:22

Please god no.

2021-04-10 05:08:47 (edited by Ethin 2021-04-10 05:09:14)

Why are people wanting to revive this? As a developer (of the project itself) I'm telling you right now that the code is horrible and very, very messy, and wrong in lots of places. I don't even remember the rationale for half of it. Please, let this project stay dead.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-10 11:08:19

How about instead of wining about the fact the game needs to come back and trying to get your hands on old code that may or may not still work, old code which, I might add, was pretty unreliable at times even when the main dev was running it, you make a new online space sandbox?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-04-10 12:07:00

@72: Agreed. The desire for a game like this combined with (I guess) the inability to code might be the reason why they are looking for the DMNB server.
But if someone could make a game like this, that would be awesome.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-10 14:13:02

Juliantheaudiogamer wrote:

@72: Agreed. The desire for a game like this combined with (I guess) the inability to code might be the reason why they are looking for the DMNB server.
But if someone could make a game like this, that would be awesome.

well, I just wanted him to know what the game was like, since when I started in online audio games it no longer existed.  I heard about it from a player who was playing at the time.  that's why having a code from a clone or old archived game is cool for the story part.  but do what, today we have people who are afraid of clones, and will complain if there is a sound of coins from mario in some audio game, or want to change the title of an audio game just because it contains the word blind.  for those who did not understand this word blind, take a look at the post about the blinded chef.  I honestly think that even the poor sonar island will have people complaining.  and about this thing of not wanting to code from 0, I only say one thing.  stupidity.  I'll ask.  do you mean that all clones made on the doom and quake engine are because they are too lazy to code from 0?

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2021-04-10 14:46:25

@74: I'll bite.

First off. Clones on the Doom or Quake engines? Really? Thats the hill you're going to die on? The big studios go and /license/ engines to build games on. Half Life used a modified Quake engine. Thief did too. System Shock 2 did also. As did Hexen, Heretic. Both on the Doom engine. Oh and the latter two made by the same devs. But no, you won't accept it because it's not a blindie game. I just reeled off critically acclaimed videogames that used the same base engine. I could go on for hours and explain how each one is different. But the point is. Studios license engines and if you think Half Life's a clone of Quake...I have a nice bridge to sell you.

Lol, get out of here with that argument. If you want clones, good for you. Go play your clones somewhere else, not on here. I mean, doesn't Brazil have a litany of clones to play and if so, why are you here then wanting to 'know what DM is like'? I can sum it up for you. Go play any space MU* with a soundpack, that's what DM was like in online mode, literally press button, wait, press button, wait, press button, wait.

The entire Deathmatch series was, and I'm not trying to insult the dev here, but I know first hand how draining it was for him and how much he fucking hated the game at that point and how he wanted to just move on from it but the community was all 'we want Deathmatch', so he couldn't move on. And now...well...this topic. Somewhere, that dev is probably doing fine now far, far away from the blindies that won't let a developer move on from one game they made forever ago.

Also, learn how copyright works. I get it, you're in Brazil and in Brazil you have a far different way of looking at it, but the forum's not hosted in Brazil. If it was it'd be a different thing entirely given your nation's attitude to copyright and using things without credit/permission. Looking at you, Brazilian indie games that rip off car models without going and getting a license, or just taking, let's say, TK, changing the name and a sound and then marketing it as a brand new revolutionary audiogame. I get it. I get how Brazil is culture wise, hell I've several (dozen) Brazilian friends from my time gaming online.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers