2020-04-01 18:51:25

Hello,

For some countries, HoneyGain might be temporarily unavailable today due to some technical issues.
Don't worry if it stops now.

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2020-04-01 19:09:40 (edited by StormProductions 2020-04-01 19:10:16)

Hello,

Sorry for double post.
HoneyGain's issue has been hopefully fixed. It was a simple problem with the log in system.

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2020-04-01 19:54:21

Nocturnus is right. People like he and I are telling people not to do this -- irrespective of whether the OP keeps on doing it, which is stupid but I digress -- because the last thing we want to see happen is your card data (or something just as equally important) get stolen or sold to a corporation (or hacker forum or whatnot) and then those people using your card data to spend money you probably don't have. The crooks can get your card info without you even having the app in the foreground; hell, it might not need to even be running. If you ignore what we're saying, then so be it. If it proves to be harmless, I'll certainly be retracting my statements on this thread -- but thus far, I've yet to see any evidence to prove its not a scam.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-04-01 20:28:29 (edited by jack 2020-04-01 20:31:04)

Ethin: You're talking to the guy who came out and said Blind Extra is not a scam! I don't think he is going to care, but that does not make it any less necessary to tell anyone else this is definitely a scam. Lol.
@thetechguy: Have you gotten past the screening exam? That's the ultimate test of its accessibility. I know others who have tried this but have not heard much beyond it, but now that we all have a bit more downtime with all this staying at home, I figured I'd diev in and give it a try. Formatting/style guides are more important than you think, so if you think of skipping visual instructions, don't. This is what people are going to see when they look for transcriptions for interviews, pocasts, etc.

2020-04-01 20:29:37

@104, lol true

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-04-02 03:31:16

Updates concerning Transcribeme: Looks like they have an acknowledgement of the fact that their portal does work with screen readers and braille displays, sighting NVDA as the best option for maximum compatibility. Their style guide is a pdf that I ran through Kurzweil1000. IT seems to read well, though I will be contacting the team witha copy of the scan just in case there's something missing. If this turns out to work successfully you best believe you'll be hearing from me on its success-rate. They do not allow offline downloads, but they said their player has built-in player controls and hopefully they are accessible.

2020-04-02 05:15:44

Thanks @jack. Keep us posted.

2020-04-02 06:29:10

@Jack. A while ago, I posted there acknowledgment that it is compatible with screen readers and braille displays.
@Nocturnus. I mean, they can just google their questions and they would have the answers already. its like programming. You have to google your error before asking on a forum.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-04-02 08:59:38

@thetechguy, this isn't a programming topic.  You can't treat all topics of discussions that way, and even if you did, you can't expect everyone to have the same kind of mindset where programming is concerned.  That'd be like me saying 20 years ago that before asking all the questions one asks they should go to their local library and see if they can't find a book on the subject first.  It's called hoarding knowledge, and you can believe that for the most part its socially unacceptable.  It makes you look like a condescending elitist dirtbag.  Seriously, for the love of all, just write up a few answers; like the clueless googless people you seem to have an issue with, it would take you less time, and less posts, to create as elaborate a post as you possibly can given your limitations, whatever they might be, than it would to vent your frustrations on a subject that is as old as humanity.  All people learn differently; some learn best at the hands of others.  You can't expect everyone to do like you do just because you do it and it comes instinctively.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-04-02 09:02:48

This is the topic where I break all the rules of conduct, but I forgot to mention that for the record, believe me... I do know how you feel.  If I find anything that's worse than the people you're mad at, it's the people who hit me up on skype asking me a question they could just as easily google themselves, or expecting me to have a copy of bla bla free software... I"ve said it many, many times and posted it on many, many occasions., so yes, I do know how you feel.  This is a forum for helping people, after all, so my point still stands.  Either you help or just, don't say anything at all.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-04-02 09:08:51

A few things here:
1. This is, no madder how you put it, a fucking scamm.
2. Ok, so here is how these scamms work.
I tried a few of those survey sites. And then they say, you have to complete some offers. And what do you think those offers are?
Paid promotions! So no, you wont get money completely for free, never.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2020-04-02 09:34:47

@Nocturnus. point taken.

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-04-02 10:04:57

@111 what? Wasn’t you banned?

2020-04-02 10:19:43

Ok kids. Listen up! I am going to say this once, and once only, and I'll say it real slow so everyone can understand. This, is, a, scam. I know my bible tells me that I should not hate, but I hate websites like this Hunnygane thing (I don't even care if I spelt it correctly or not) but back to my point. I hate that people who come up with these types of websites and apps don't care who or how many people are harmed by it. And I hate the fact that people are even falling for these things. And lastly, I hate that there is so much evil in this world! Why! Why do people do this to other people! And why are people so quick to fall for things like this! This just sickens me! This topic should be closed in my opinion, and links to websites like these should be banned! I don't even know if I trust this transcribe me thing that was mentioned earlier. No, I call for a ban on links to websites like these. Hell, I will even sign a petition if I have to. And if you're wondering why I am acting so strongly to this, read my signature, it says it all.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2020-04-02 10:45:57

Yes, i was, and i hope i wont be again.

2020-04-02 12:04:00

BrendanGriesel1. Transcribe me is a legit service.

2020-04-02 14:32:15

@BrendanGriesel1: Please prove that this is scam.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-04-02 15:01:04

@SLJ: See post 86. It has all the proof you need. This is the last I will say on this topic, because I don't want to become involved in a war of words that in the end won't accomplish anything.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2020-04-02 15:31:14

@BrendanGriesel1: Comparing this site and Transcribeme is like comparing apples to oranges, so before you get too carried away,
1. Honeygain has false claims through and through.
2. Getting paid by TranscribeMe actually makes sense. It's an actual line of work.
3. You actually need to put time into TranscribeMe. Some of these people really do want something out of nothing. And considering TranscribeMe is an actual work site, you do need to be 18 or over, so I say quite literally, sorry kids.

2020-04-02 15:39:22

I don't care if i can't use it, i will never try anything that gives you money for free, i already signed up to a lot of that shit and haven't earned anything at all.

2020-05-09 07:57:33

Sorry to revive them post but I just have my link.
https://r.honeygain.money/LUISCC7ED9

73 Wj3u