2020-04-16 22:30:54

thanks.  working my way through the tutorial now.  I'm so excited.  from what I hear, there is a tonne to get lost in here

2020-04-17 15:04:07

Definitely! I eagerly await the questions, that is why I created this topic, after all. I would love for more blind people to play this great game and enjoy it as much as I do. It has overshadowed any other video game, and audio game, for me.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-19 20:05:33

finally getting the controls down.
the more I look into this game, the more I'm loving the sound of it.  the amount of content looks to be insane.

2020-04-20 01:04:27

Any recommendation on characters? I've been using warrior of light for a wile now, but he seems kind of  bad compared to other characters. Any suggestions?

2020-04-20 01:47:55

I like different characters for different reason. Cloud is good for melee, plus his special is easy, just mash the circle button. Terra has a nice hp attack that keeps going and going if it hits the enemy and you activate x mode while performing it. Onion can string together a whole bunch of bravery and hp attacks, but of course you have to unlock and equip it. Warrior of light's hp attacks have a wide radius. And that's just some example of why I like different characters for different reasons. If I had to pick a favorite, though, it would have to be cloud. He is the first character I veat the main campaign with, plus as I said earlier, his special is the easiest. Sephiroth has the similarly performed special, but I still prefer cloud. There are other characters with easy specials, too, like squall and titus.

2020-04-20 03:02:45

for all the dissidia games, including 012, I like cloud the most. great HP attacks, especially the one with a 3 hit combo, and his X-burst is one of the easiest than other characters. the second one that I really like, is gabranth. this one is not available from the start, you have to complete his story first and buy him at the PP catalogue. although in his normal form he doesn't have lots of BRV and HP attacks, but in his X-burst mode there are lots of attacks that you can try out, and his special is quite easy too.
as for 012, I like both squall and yuna. they have long range attacks, both for BRV and for HP attacks, and some of them are quite powerful.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-04-20 20:37:56

I love Terra the most. I'm not the best at short range combat, so I just use her BRV attacks, and later on her leveling, the HP attack that's called… Meltdown I think? I'm learning more about the attack names, as well as strategy, through the Dissidia Discord. But near the end, you can string an awesome BRV and an HP attack, and if in Ex-mode, you can do the HP one *twice*, then go right into the Ex-burst!

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-20 22:07:12

working my way through the first at the moment, though I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that the second might be doable one day with how access changes are coming along.  I thought that equipment didn't read, but I found that when looking at it, your stats are shown in order of hp, CP, BRV, Attack, defense and luck which shows how the item affects it.  So for instance, the first weapon you get only gives attack +4, but at least I can know that.  Accessaries read much simpler. 
I'm happy how easy customising is.  any idea on how many passives we can have at once?  for instance, if I equip the autoex skill to master it.  I didn't even know you could master skills in this, so that's interesting.  crafting as well.  This game is insane.

2020-04-20 22:47:03

The number of skills you can equip increase as you level and gain more ability points I believe.

2020-04-21 22:05:52

I just beat the campaign as warrior of light and I really don't know what to think. I won't spoil anything, but all I have to say is holy crap that was awesome! Still kind of weird and slightly sad, but it was still awesome!

2020-04-21 22:21:23

I'm finding cloud's lack of speed to be incredibly tricky.  his attacks take so long that I keep getting interupted.  Admittedlly, I'm still working at consistantly hitting the enimy, but still.  any ideas?

2020-04-21 22:38:42

Pretty much all hp attacks have a bit of start up time, which is why it is helpful if you can string together a bravery attack with an hp attack. I think that everyone has at least 1 such string. Also playing in command mode might help a bit with targeting.

2020-04-21 22:56:31

how much of story do you have to beat in order to get command mode?  I'm hearing conflicting reports on this.

2020-04-21 23:52:23

Just clear the warrior of light's story, and it will be unlocked in the options menu.

Also one neat thing, in the movie theater which is found in the gallery, all of the movies you unlock will be stored in chronological order from start to finish, and you can press triangle to watch them all without interruption.

2020-04-22 16:35:18

I've updated the first post to include what I use to play the game, personally. I'm so glad to see you all enjoying this game. Keep on going through the story! If you've done the first ten story entries, go for Shade Impulse. When done with that, the next two stories will help you unlock two new characters! Then, you can put your crafting to the test with the last story Arc. smile

Also, for those of you who haven't started playing the game yet, I'd love to know reasons why? Is there any other material I can make to get you started?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-22 17:22:23

then there's the coliseum...
I hear the opening movie is rather epic.  looking for a description somewhere.  smile

2020-04-22 22:21:55

Then there's the true ending…

Yeah, I would like a movie description, but it sounds like just a scene of all the fighters… fighting.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-23 00:19:29

@devinprater, in the second part of the youtube video, I heard you are using firion's X-burst mode. is it random or you just press a certain button to execute it? if it's random, I heard somewhere that dissidia has the ability to perform auto EX attack, and if you've mastered this ability, it will automatically perform the QTE without failing. are there any ways to activate this ability?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2020-04-23 00:45:17

You need to level up a skill, but don't remember which, so it is definitely possible to have the computer perform the quicktime events for you.

2020-04-24 00:01:18

I know, the intro kind of gives me an MK Armageddon vibe, though thankfully unlike that game, the intro is definitely not the best part of this one.  smile
as an aside Kenshira, due to your recommendation I've managed to get a copy of Yggdra Union and am very excited to play it.
Makes me curious which other turn based games we can actually play these days with the increase in accessibility. 
I'm off to look up the voice actors for Dissidia now, I'm sure I recognise some of them.  smile

2020-04-24 00:42:37

@45 Hope you enjoy Yvdra union. It's a long game worth a couple playthroughs, so should last a while.

As to voice actors in dissidia, I'm pretty sure the guy voicing furien is the same behind ichigo from the bleach anime, and the guy behind Cecil also does Sasuke from the naruto series. I think he also voices Cecil in the ds remake of final fantasy 4.

2020-04-24 02:58:57

@dan_c, most of the voice actors for dissidia are quite famous, especially for chaos who also appears in other triple A games like the arbiter in the halo series and the captain in mass effect trilogy. He also play a role after his real name in saints row IV, acted as the vice president of the US.
There are also other famous voice actors, like tidus who plays obi wan kenobi in the star wars animated series and games, the younger version of emet brown in telltale’s back to the future, iceman in some x-men games, and many more.

2020-04-24 18:03:44

Yes, around love 16 or so, you get the auto-ex-command skill, which does the QTE stuff in Ex-bursts for you. I use that in every character which I level up.

I admit, I still don't understand Igdra Union. If some one puts together a guide on that, or does a tutorial on that, I may pick it up. From what I've heard of it though, it sounds rather silly, and I hate feeling foolish while playing games, which is the reason I don't play BlazBlue, lol.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-24 19:07:36

Actually, ydgra union has a much darker toned story than riviera. I think there are a couple lol moments, but if there are, I dont remember them, as everything I can recall is pretty mature and thought provoking. Definitely not the same story style of blazblue.

2020-04-24 20:03:53

which guide have you found to be most useful?  I know they are for gba, but I'm sure they still apply.