2020-03-09 00:08:50

Hello,

I am looking at getting FIFA 20. However I need to know if it is playable for the blind?
Do the menus have the accessibility feature like Madden 20? In a actual game how easy is it for someone who is totally blind to play?

Thanks for any help.

2020-03-09 02:38:18

I heard it has some incredibly shady practices and ea is getting sued left and right over their monetization of the game.

2020-03-09 09:16:16

I haven't heard anything officially. So it would be better to spend your money on more playable games.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-03-09 14:34:33

Hello guys!
I am totaly blind and I play fifa 19, 20 is the same.
I am use NVDA OCR to interact with the menus.
I turned on all the acistences and I concentrate me on the comentarys and the sounds.
If you need mor explanations, feel free to share, I can tri to help.

2020-03-09 23:10:59

Hey, Diego.

Can you explain the sounds you listen for? Can you give a more description on how you play the game?
Are you able to play through the MLS season? Can you make it to the cup and win?

2020-03-09 23:31:10

Hello guys!
As for mls, I never tried it, since I play the journey, career, player and online modes. I'm learning to play the ultimate team
If you want I can try to check. I believe it works, since I managed to create a champions league tournament without any problems.

As for winning, a lot of the player's skill goes, but it is possible to win a tournament.

Now, about the sounds:
Imagine that you are playing at your stadium.
The visiting team's fans are always on the right side, and many of the moves, such as when the ball is kicked to the side or out by the home team, the screams are made on the right side, while the home team the screams have a volume higher. The same goes for steals.
It is a matter of a lot of perception. At first you may not notice the difference, but over time you end up catching these changes in sounds.
Comments are essential. My only problem is that I don't know when we are on one side of the field, resulting in situations of catching the ball and going to the side, or passing to a player and going out.
What else would you like to know?

Before finishing:
As I have the game in Portuguese and unfortunately the narration of the menus is not available, could someone record an audio showing it?
Sorry for the mistakes, I'm using the translator.

2020-03-09 23:36:02

What are the assist options?

2020-03-10 01:43:56 (edited by Diego 2020-03-10 01:47:07)

I activate all the options.
It's located in settings control.
If you want to use a control, you need to enter on this screen using the control button, not with the keyboard

One more thing:
My friend says that if your team have the ball, the control vibrate.

2020-03-10 01:54:10

Hello, do I need to download something other then the game, where can I find more info about setting it up?

2020-03-10 02:10:00

Hello.
No, only the game.
I don't thing that have information about how to configure the game of a blind perspective.

2020-03-10 21:58:16

When you launch the game for the first time. How do you get into the main menu?
I have pressed the A button but nothing happen. I am still on the screen where it is playing a video after the EA sports it's in the game part.

2020-03-11 03:54:25

Hello guys!
Here is a audio demo showing the start of the game and main menu.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=140YWe … ISdrp6zyYH
I hope it helps.

2020-03-11 15:25:24

Hi.

At Diego before I jump into this and possibly spend money on the game, I do wonder.
Are you actually able to score goals and win games or are you just playing the games for fun and don't really care about the results?
If you can actually win, have you completed some league modes with teams or are you just playing exibition matches?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-03-12 03:53:17

I keep getting a pop up that says I need to sign into a profile. Is this my EA profile or Xbox profile?

2020-03-12 06:53:37

Hey, Diego.
Can you explain the different main menu selections? Also how do I select a team to be my favorite team?
Also how do I start a franchise to take my team through the MLS?

2020-03-13 01:56:13

Hello guys!
@ 13:
I can score goals and play championships.
As I said above, I play journey, career, online and my friend will help me play the ultimate team.
@ 14:
Are you playing on an xbox or pc?
@ 15:
I'll check. As I showed in the demo I set up liverpool as my favorite team, but I think it also works for other leagues.

2020-03-13 02:57:23

I have FIFA 20 for the Xbox one. The game main menu is setup different then your game.
I don't know where to go to pick Atlanta United as my team.

2020-03-13 14:14:22

Simple not a playable one.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2020-03-13 18:06:43

@ 17
did you select your team the first time you started the game, on the profile creation screen?
@ 18
Why you say that?
I can play very well here, and it's not just me.
I have a friend who plays too, we even play online games.
My only problem is that we don't know where we are in relation to the sides of the field.

2020-03-13 19:26:37

Hi.

Well, I'm downloading fifa 19 right now and check it out and see if I can do anything with it, if it confirms positive, I'll hop on origin and buy it.

At Diego, i couldn't listen to the demo et, do you also demonstrate gameplay or just the menus?
If not, could you quickly say in which direction you have to move when you are the home team? I suppose to the right but I'm not sure. Also, what are the controls? I suppose left analog stick moves, but what about the rest?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-03-13 19:48:21

Here is my thoughts on FIFA 20 for the Xbox. I did tried playing the game.
The first thing is that EA needs to have all the menus talking like they got in Madden 20. Also the on field needs better accessibility for the blind.
I even had someone sighted to help me play but it was still not as playable for the blind as I thought. I encourage anyone to give it a try and let us know your thoughts.

2020-03-13 23:59:27

Hello guys!
@ 20:
I only demonstrated the menus.
As for the controls, I don't really know, because I play on the keyboard. I think by searching the internet you can find this information.
@ 21:
I agree that it would be very good for the menus to be accessible, but if you use OCR with NVDA I believe you will have no problems. Here on the pc I don't have it.

2020-03-14 00:20:54

I have try doing the ocr with NVDA on the Xbox app. It is still hard to move around the menus.

2020-03-14 01:20:19

I have tested the fifa game, and it's sad to say that the accessibility isn't there yet. Where in Madden the menu narration for most of the modes in consistant, in fifa, THe menu narration is a mess, much less bing able to figure out much else.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2020-03-14 01:21:26

OCR with NVDA should be a last resort option. It should not be a cop out for any developer of any product to not make there product accessible.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all