2020-03-04 19:05:24

If the dev was emailed, it'd also be nice to have headings for each building type since it's a miner pain when you need to quickly find one towards the bottom, indeed it always seems odd to me that so much else in the game has lots of really helpful headings, but the build list doesn't.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-04 19:14:00

It would be easy enough to add this stuff with the source code, but the thing is that I don't think it's officially open source even if the source code isn't protected.

2020-03-05 18:13:11

So an update.
I restarted with 5 citizens. Far cry from reaching 10, but hey. Maybe next time.
I do wish that there could be some achievements added in, as well as the description of what you are buying. Some other mechanics, like corruption, crime, and technology could be blended in here as well.
I really, really want to continue building on this, as it's a good concept, just stale and shallow in some places.

2020-03-05 20:20:53

Billion dollar roads are just bugging me for some reason. I get I'm supposed to have things be more expensive. But....billion dollar roads?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2020-03-05 23:13:18

And what does the billion dollar road even look like!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-03-05 23:36:28

I sort of agree that billion dollar roads are a little much, especially because you don't make that much from them. The number balancing rellly does  need work, considering i think you may spend more on the road then you make, now that i stop to consider it.

Who am I? Simply me!

2020-03-06 01:10:23

Though it's true that the costs are a bit stupid later on, perhaps the extra expensive road add more glory to your city? IDK.
Anyways. For me, the sweet time to run and reset seems to be in about 1 day.
I typically buy 100 roads, followed by 50 of everything else except the shopping and the bank center, those give me problems with their large numbers.
Anyways, got to 9 citizens this run, hoping that I will reach 25 this time (I had 5 when I started and added 9, or 180%, on this run).

2020-03-06 01:16:57

Reached about 7000 citizens before I restarted for the third time.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-03-06 10:00:28

WOW!
That is amazing, Nocturnus.
I am enjoying this game, even with the high numbers.

2020-03-06 13:24:56

Current amount: $2.603 Quintillion
Producing $21.925 Quadrillion per second
Next goal: 300 of all buildings.
8 goals left until level 3
Current Citizens helping out
Upcoming helping Citizens
71,161 (828% of your current citizens)
ya I think I'm doing alright, though not as good as my wife, I must admit.  When she sets her mind to one of these she can tackle me; no questions asked!

2020-03-06 14:28:23 (edited by Lucas1 2020-03-06 14:30:16)

$54.197 Quintillion
Producing $438.868 Quadrillion per second
Next goal: 300 of all buildings
Current Citizens helping out
Upcoming helping Citizens
186,415 (677% of your current citizens)
Number of resets: 3
Time since last reset:About 11h 26m 44s
Date started: Mar 2, 2020

2020-03-06 15:22:26

So is there a secret to getting a ton of citizens and such? I've only got 1 coming when I reset. I've got 25 of each building bar the banks. I'm making 13M a second. I feel so inadequate compared to you lot

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2020-03-06 15:35:35 (edited by Lucas1 2020-03-06 15:36:37)

You need to get banks as well. I'm not sure if you know this, but there are global goals for getting certain numbers of all the buildings. So if you get at least 25 of everything, all profits double. Not to mention that banks look like a massive hurtle, and they are, but they will also make you the most money. You won't make big money if you never keep your banks up with the rest of your buildings.

2020-03-06 16:29:58

Yeah, in the end the banks turn out to be practically all of your revenue, so you really should be trying to get as many of them as you can.

2020-03-06 16:31:18

Also, sorry for doubleposting, but don't forget the various kinds of upgrades you can buy; always check all the tabs and make sure you get whatever is going to make you the most profit.

2020-03-08 08:39:01 (edited by Dark 2020-03-08 09:17:54)

And now it has a db page found here 

I need to restart my own progress now I've tamed the cookie monster, though I  confess I got a bit distracted from city building by the new planet life update.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-08 14:43:36

So, to see the cost of buying a certain number of buildings, hover over the button with the number. ON NVDA you can do that with NVDA+Numpad slash on desktop layout, NVDA-shift-m on laptop layout, when focused on the button. IF you have mouse tracking enabled, NVDA should read the number when you do this, since your mouse is now on that button, and the next line will show the cost. If you mouse over the final button which lets you buy the max number of something all at once, it will tell you how many of that building you will actually buy, since the number on the button is rounded if it goes above 25 or so.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-03-09 03:55:34

@post 42, worked like a charm.  I won't be so anxious watching my numbers anymore.  AT least now I have target numbers to work for and I know why I can't buy a number of something.

2020-03-26 11:00:27

Quick question:
Upgrades bought with sacrificing citizens don't follow me to new city right?
I am thinking that maybe I wouldn't be bothering my self with them if they don't follow me to a new city since I have to wait a long time before I get 10000 citizens, the least I need to get a citizen upgrade.
However, if they do follow me to a new city that will make things a lot easier for me to get more upgrades and get more money.
I am currently at level 2 with 52 goals, have 8 goals left to reach level 3.

2020-03-26 14:39:29

@44, that's kind of a tricky one.  See, you lose all those citizens, obviously.  That means you won't be getting them back because they're sacrificed.  ON the other hand, the more money you make, the more citizens you stand a chance at attracting, so in that sense, you do get them back.  It'd be like taking Dark and Nocturnus and sending them off to the wolves for the greater good, but then you get keyIsFull, Lucas1853, Mirage and Nightshade because you made more money off of sacrificing the first two.

2020-03-27 01:05:42

Yeah I know I'll be getting them again and even more.
However, my question is more about the upgrade it self if it follows me to a new city or not.
As it stands, I really can't sacrifice 10000 citizens right now, but I'll gladly do it if the citizen upgrades don't reset.
I don't know what is it about this game, but it's so addicting

2020-03-27 01:14:19

The upgrade itself does not follow you to the new city.  You have to re-purchase it every time you restart if you want it.