2020-02-28 17:49:04

Taken from the readme:
Long ago, in the land of Balloonia, there was a mythical tale about a huge balloon. The balloon was said to have been possessed, and soon rumors spread throughout all of Balloonia, and several balloons began to pop wildly as the huge balloon caused destruction throughout the land.
Every balloon popped, except one. You! Your goal? Survive the huge balloon as long as possible, or it will reach your tile and crush you!
Balloon Madness is an arcade-style 2D game, where your goal is to outrun the huge balloon chasing you. Collect lives and gain speed, while the balloon tries to collect speed as well. If you fail, you will end the game.
As the title suggests, this is a beta. For 6 private versions, several beta testers have contributed enormously to the game's development. Please provide your feedback and the bugs you find so that they can be fixed before the official version, 1.0, is released!
Download:
http://tunmi13.dev/beta/bm.zip .
Have a great run! smile

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-02-28 18:15:32

wow cool!

2020-02-28 18:17:28 (edited by Jeffb 2020-02-28 18:18:11)

Fun game! The weapon doesn't always fire or if it does I found it a little slow. Other than that great game.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-02-28 18:34:28

deserves a thumbs up, keep upnow this is something

2020-02-28 18:38:30 (edited by amerikranian 2020-02-28 18:39:42)

Let me offer my thanks for at least thinking through your game's purpose. That is something some of us (me) don't have at the forefront of their mind when they release a title. However, let me pose a question to you:
Why should I play this? What does your game offer that we have not seen in Endless Runner and other games of a similar nature? I am paraphrasing the words said to me on one of my releases. "You tell me what I will be doing, but you don't give me a reason as to why your product is better than what I already have."

2020-02-28 18:42:38

i'd play his games cause he is an honest dev. Not saying anyone is or is not, but he is upcomeing and trying new things, pluss, he has an ear out for freedback and trys to implement what he can while staying true to the game. still no peef gun on rp but still.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

2020-02-28 18:43:01

Well, one reason you may possibly want to play it is its complexity. Unlike Endless Runner or other runner games out there, you're on the run from something, rather than for something. Simply puj, you are being chased by something, but you're not chasing for something such as scores or points, if that makes sense.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-02-28 18:47:34

@Jeff: Hmm, that's very weird. I'll check the code out and see what's going on with it. My guess is that it's being slow in retrieving the distance, but I'll see and get back to you. 
@Omer: I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you find anything wrong.
@manamon_player: Glad you are enjoying the experience. Like Omer, let me know any bugs or suggestions and I'll take them into consideration.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-02-28 20:07:41

I play his games because he is a new up coming dev. He cares about his player base and takes in to consideration the feedback that we give him.  He is Honest, and does what needs to be done to give us a good quality product.  Give a dev good feed back, and he or she will turn out good work. Tear a dev to shreads and he or she wil no longer give us anything.  And who said we can't have similar arcade like games. the sited world gaming market has a ton of games that are basically the same, and people still play the fuck out of them.  Keep up the good work homie!

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2020-02-28 20:25:13 (edited by Dark 2020-02-28 20:25:29)

Hi.

I've just had a quick look at this so far.
I love the 8bit sounds and so on. I just have a couple of questions. Firstly, you don't seem to be able to run in diagonals by holding down two keys, which seems a bit odd when compared to games of a similar type.
On the plus side I like the balloon laser and the fact the game is actually hard, indeed I'm just trying to work out strategies based on where you and the ubaballoon are big_smile.

II have however also noticed a bug. Sometimes, the huge balloon gets stuck at a -1 coordinate for quite a long time (at one poit it was at 2 -1 for a good two and a half minutes), which seems a bit strange.
You might also consider making the game a little less random, or at least, changing the challenge.
For example, having the huge balloon start off slowly, relative to the player, then having the speed increase, then, at some point, having both the balloon's speed and player's speed increases randomised. That would both give new players chance to get used to the game and how it worked, and also make survival more of a challenge, indeed if extra modes and rewards get added into the game in the future, these might be things to consider.

Btw, I also totally agree with Vulcan raven's above comments, indeed even though we've had a few chase type games in the past, deakout, Super deakout, great toy robbery etc, I don't think we've had one with random movement speed increases before.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-28 20:42:17

!# is a good dev. Of all the new upcoming devs, 13 releases the most games. Quality games. He doesn't rush his games and he listens to feedback. Also, I don't think any of the modern endless runner games have as simple, yet good a story

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-28 20:55:18

@Dark: Oof. That isn't supposed to happen, at all. Can you please tell me how to reproduce the bug? If you are unable, that is all right.
Also, that's a great idea. Perhaps I'll make it so that for 1 minute the balloon walks at about 300ms, then it'll pick up pace after a minute has elapsed, giving the player a chance to stock up on lives, busters, and speed.
@Vulcan: I appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your kind regards.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-02-28 21:10:47

@Jaidon: Me and a team of people are actually working on an audio production of the story, so keep an eye out for it! big_smile

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-02-28 21:58:38

sounds interesting. Also awesome signature.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-28 22:15:31

Hi,
I'm also getting the -1 bug. It seems to happen if  my y coordinate is 0 and I managed to hit the balloon. I.e: up and down coordinate, am I correct in thinking that's the y?

2020-02-29 00:11:24

Woooo. I know why. Yes, you are right, it's the y axis. I know exactly why it's getting stuck there. It'll be fixed in 0.8.
Thanks!

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-02-29 01:07:04

Sounds cool, will be checking it out soon.
Just a small suggestion, you might consider adding the current version to the title and or the first post of the thread so people will know what the latest version is, and subsequently, if their version is up to date.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2020-02-29 02:10:22

Hello, and thanks for letting me try out this game.
I have a suggestion to make of you.
Could you provide a sound to turn down the music? It is very dominant during game play, and therefore it is hard to tell what is truly happening in the game.
Second, is it possible that when a sound is playing once the user has entered the "Learn Sounds and Keys" menu, and pressed a number, that the screen-reader could say what the sound does 1 or 2 seconds after the sound plays? I find it almost impossible to distinguish what each sound means in the menu, because the sound which I have pressed (some examples are sounds associated with the number 6, 7, 5, and 8).
I hope my suggestions have been helpful, and I wish you well in continuing to develop this game.

2020-02-29 02:52:04 (edited by tunmi13 2020-02-29 14:18:58)

@musicalman: The game comes with an updater every will automatically do this, so I feel like this isn't highly necessary if the updater takes care of it.
@superb: Yeah, just dcrease your increase your music volume with F1 or F2.

Beta 8 is out with fixes and suggestions. Launch your beta 7 application to get the update.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-02-29 03:26:04

question. Can you add an 8 bit death sound?

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2020-02-29 03:27:36

If you want, I can rite music for you. I am using PPMCK, so I can rite some tracks for you

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2020-02-29 04:31:35

Yeah I can try. Thanks!

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-02-29 06:40:19

Hello, here's another suggestion.
Why not have a points system of sorts, so that for every minute you survive, a certain number of points is added to your score. Also, a trophy system, or some kind of awards system would be nice.

2020-02-29 13:00:35

tunmi, I  love you...
lol really, unlike the moste devs here, you're fokissing in the quality and the fun mor of the income and player bais
please keap it up dude, and dont listen to bad minds,
i'm here, ready for help if neadid, just ask me, and i'll be mor then happy for helping

2020-02-29 14:14:16

@superb Great idea. So what are you thinking, 5 points every minute, or 10 points? Let me know.
@Meatbag: Thanks man.

-----
YouTube
GitHub