2020-02-28 23:35:05

That's one that I never got to try sadly.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-02-29 17:39:57

my character is evil but it is still strange all the random killing. That said, It is sort of fun to march into a city and slaughter stuff.

One thing that is a little different though and a common thing with MUDs is the jokishly-weak enemies you fight at low levels. i was killed by a bunch of hermit crabs at one point. I wonder sometimes if I set out adventuring as a fetus when literal toddlers hit much harder than I do.

Also, when would you guys recommend getting a subclass?

2020-02-29 18:22:04 (edited by Dark 2020-02-29 18:23:49)

When I tried multiclassing, it was just taking a bit too long to level up and see new areas for my liking, plus even though I'd gone for two dex based classes, the extra theif abilities weren't really that helpful to me as an archer, since most of them required holding different items than a bow, , one reason I'll try as a single class monk this time around.

About subclasses I'm less certain, since those do complement your main class by definition, it'll probably depend upon progression speed I suppose.
I am also not sure about hardcore, since previously I was in hardcore all the time, now I'm not certain.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-29 21:00:38

One thing that is driving me crazy is I am finding all sorts of weapons that are pretty high level, and even have stats that compliment my cleric class, but all these weapons are types I can't use. I can use staves and nothing else, and yet I found this amazing whip that ups wisdom by a lot.

2020-03-01 00:01:38

prject bob was a numbers game basically yeah.

2020-03-01 01:51:13

Okay I will say getting more into the game, there is a lot more to do when you get into missions and the look around command.
I actually got rather stuck on some of the sunken wrecks missions, and still haven't found either the konche shell, or the selky skin.
I did find the chest I think one of them is in, but it's locked and I don't have the key, indeed finding the chest was a rather hard puzzle because it took looking at objects that didn't appear on either oscan or look around, and using the right keyword to find said object.

I also am 4 rooms short of exploring all of hillock hills as well, which is irritating.
on the plus side, the community is far nicer in this mud when it comes to mission help it seems which is awesom! honestly I can't stand muds with the "no sharing qinfo" rule, heck for the monster puzzle I had actually got the right object, I was just using the plaural rather than the singula, which again is why I quit playing parser based if.

Anyway, that debate aside, suffice it to say more here than meets the eye, though it's a shame that some areas have no missions.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)