2020-03-02 19:27:36

Its a trend to bash at Richard and Sanda these days.
anyway, I hope the admins/ staff are taking this under consideration, as it is something I'd like to see myself along with others as the posts on this topic would indicate.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2020-03-06 12:54:58

@Dark, really? well they haven't fixed issues so... An example, the subscribe to topic link. I want it back!

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-08 04:01:11

There's actually a lot of tuff the mods can do, however, it doesn't seem as much extensions are installed. They can add or remove roomsm etc,

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-13 07:54:10

Hi again,
Just bumping this to get the modarators/ admin's atention.
Would it help if Trajectory created a poll in the first post?
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2020-03-14 19:50:42

It seems like the mods are ignoring this topic. I'm sure they've seen this, but they fail to respond.

_____

2020-03-15 09:10:37

mods, please? respond or something...

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-24 19:42:59

bump

Follow me on twitter

2020-03-24 22:27:05

Come on guys! please answer! You know what? I'm gonna report this topic.

_____

2020-03-25 02:27:08

Sorry for getting to this so late. It's been discussed on the team, and everyone whose responded thus far is in agreement. I'll take a look at the admin interface once more, but I'm pretty sure we have the ability to give users the permission to moderate topics in certain rooms. Along these lines, we'll need to set up a communication platform for potential moderators, in addition to permissions and other stuff I'm probably not thinking of.

As far as rules go, I'd prefer to regulate based on basic decency and respect for the financial aid provided by others.

1. You aren't entitled to anything.
2. Limit your requests to a manageable amount. Money doesn't go on trees, so those who do choose to help out may do so at their own discretion. Administrators maintain the right to give warnings for excessive requests.
3. Everything you receive here is purely due to the good will from others. As a result, please do your best to repay the kindness in any way you are able. Thanks in advance!

Obviously more will have to be added, but that should serve as a basic startingpoint. Please give us a little bit of time, as this process involves some thought and we're currently working under some strain.
Thanks for the idea.

edit: The continuous bumps are holy unnecessary. I appreciate what you're trying to do, but a simple PM also works wonders, so please try and go that route for now on. Our contact info is on our profiles, and I'm sure most of us check our private messages on login.

2020-03-26 00:52:10

Another rule you can add is
one topic per user pergame, or one request topic per user.
For example,
Jaidon's request topic.
In said topic, I have one place to post requests for games, while people are able to see what I asked for, if I got it or not, or if I'm begging so they can determine whether or not to buy the game for me or not.
Another cursesy rule you can add is to state when you got the game bought for you, so people won't be going out of their way to buy the game for you, when someone already bought it for you.
@Carter, I'm really glad you guys took the initiative to put this into practice. Look forward to the new room.

_____

2020-03-27 20:34:49

Hi,
Thank you @cartertemm, I apologise if the bumps became a bit anoying, I just wondered what if anything was getting done regarding this matter.
I usually do not write privately, Because I understand as moderators/ admins, you must already be fludded by reports and things of that nature/ and or busy with other things.

The rules sound perfectly fine to me so far, although I'd probably suggest against 1 topic per user approach I.E Game purchase requests by Grryfindore.

Rather, Have a rule that disallows users from creating/ asking for games if they have one topic asking for a particular thing already.

Closing topics that has it's request filled would be neat to have, too as that would make it easier to sort through the other requests.
Thank you for giving this topic consideration.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2020-06-10 22:22:46

Sorry I missed this for so long. It's nice to see that some movement has occurred on this.
@Cartertemm I don't mean to be a bother, but is there any news on the implementation of this?

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-06-11 12:53:37

in the meantime, I have set up a unofficial purchase request forum

2020-06-11 17:09:43

@Rori-games very nice work.
Might I suggest that you close public registration and require that people signup by PMing you here?
It will obviously take some administrative effort but the last thing in the world you want is for people to signup claiming they are people they aren't.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-06-11 17:46:00

@39 sorry but how could be nice, I mean what are the difrints bitween this and the stikky topic

2020-06-12 01:13:06

@Meatbag see post #1.
In summary, the sticky is by nature disorganized. This means that if I want to buy a game for someone, I have to sift through pages and pages and pages of messages to see who is asking and whether or not they have already received what they were asking for.
With a dedicated subform, people can post a topic requesting a game, its status can be updated and closed when someone buys the game for them. This way, someone possibly looking to give someone a Christmas gift has to spend a few minutes looking at current requests as opposed to hours.
Example of how a thread might look:

requester wrote:

High. I'm requester and I'm from <insert country here>. I'm 14 years old and my parents cannot buy games for me because we don't have PayPal in <insert country here>. Could someone please buy it for me?

<A few weeks or months later>

Santa wrote:

Hi requester,
Sure, I will help you out. Please PM me your name and email address.

Santa wrote:

Hi,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Requester has been taken care of.

<Thread closed>
Now, as Santa all I have to do is look for opened threads, read and respond to them. Much easier than sifting through a disorganized jumble of noise taking careful notes as I go to determine who has already been helped, who is asking too much etc.

2020-06-12 09:39:51

I completely and fully agree with Trajectory. This shall have been done a long, long time ago

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-06-14 11:25:15

I hope this gets implemented as this is a good idea.