2020-02-21 21:45:07

Okay. I really want to buy this game, only there is a big problem. I don't know English at all (this post is translated with Google). Fortunately, there is a possible solution for me:
https://github.com/yplassiard/nvda-tran ... nvda-addon
this supplement can translate NVDA's text from games into any language. So please, besides the default voice of the actors, enter the text option in your games. This way I will be able to enjoy the high quality voice, but also the fact that I can play as well as the others.
    I'm sure there are many users who will appreciate this.
    Good luck in the future!

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.

2020-02-21 22:04:06

Max_Depa I have sent two emails to the email you provided yesterday and today. Can you please or anyone send me the update to my email [email protected]?
This would be helpful since I am having trouble getting my update.

2020-02-21 23:55:56

@RTT, the new combat system works like an arcade action game.
You need to hit up arrow to attack and damage your enemy. Obviously, enemies are going to hit back, so you'll hear their attacks on the left, right or centre, plus the voice will tell you as well. You need to dodge or block the attacks using the left, right and centre arrows.
if the attack is on the left or right, you dodge in the opposite direction, if it's in the centre, you hit the down arrow to block it. Of course, you also need to be tapping away at the up arrow to attack yourself, and if your hitting up when the enemy attacks you'll also get hit, so the challenge comes in knowing how fast your enemy attacks, and when to stop attacking and start dodging. You can also hit spacebar to drink a healing potion, and hit the control key to check on your health.

Hth.

@Nefilimul, since the game doesn't output text to any screen reader but has everything happen with recorded sound files, I don't know if NVDA support will be possible, this is however also why the game can so easily be made cross platform, as with all of audio.it's other titles.

Btw is the company called audio.it or tikon blue or something else? I'm unsure what to call them in the db.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-22 01:46:43

It seems that everytime I try to submit the request nothing happens. I have wrote to the email [email protected] a couple of times.
It seems that I don't know what else to do to update the game. This is discouraging to me about buying another product from this company. Why not add a updater to the game's folder?
Then players can update the game without going through this kind of mess. If you Max_Depa or anyone would send me the update that would be great. Here is my email that I used to purchased the game.
[email protected]

2020-02-22 11:20:46

To all that are having problems with the update;
1. Do you have Java script enabled in your browser?
2. When pressing request, or whatever the button is called that sends your request, does the line instructing you to enter your e-mail briefly change to e-mail successfully sent?
If yes to both of these questions, check both your spam folder and inbox for the address that you used to buy the game.
Please note that only the address you used to buy the game will work.
Hope this helps.
BTW, the new update makes battles vary intense.
I do wish that their could be an option for the old system as well.
Yes, I know it's vary boring, but their was a vary 80s charm to it, as it perfectly emulated the old telephone RPGs of that decade.
later!

2020-02-22 11:56:02 (edited by Dark 2020-02-22 11:57:43)

@threeblacknoises, I'm afraid that personally, I much prefer the new action version of combat to the old one.

Don't get me wrong, I love some old fashioned D&D style eighties monster bashing, however the old system just didn't have enough choice or options for the player to keep it interesting.

If it had say different styles of attack, different weapons to use, different types of healing potion which could be used at different times, or different ways to attack a monster that would be one thing, but there just  wasn't enough for the player to do, beyond constantly attacking.

I'll even say that in the old system I dreaded bosses, not because they were difficult, but because they were very time consuming, and just sitting arround hitting up arrow until Nathan was at %25 health, then hitting right arrow  got very boring pretty fast.

Even though the new system just uses the same basic elements, attacking, dodging and potions, the fact that it is! real time keeps the player's attention.

Hopefully in the next game even more can be added, for example, I'd like to see some different weapons or sword styles to use, and maybe some different monster attacks to need to counter, EG perhaps you would have to dodge a crystal dragon's fire a bit before getting close and striking, and maybe you would do more damage to a crystal dragon with a heavy war hammer than with a cutting weapon like a sword, though of course a war hammer would be heavier to swing.

Likewise, how about giving Nathan some armour to protect from attacks, but varying the armour's effectiveness according to the situation, EG heavy plate armour might be good against an arquebus, but less good when trying to combat a swiftly moving reptile man in the swamp.

Actually, playing blind gladiator on my phone the other day, that was one thing which mildly disappointed me, there was never any need to vary your equipment according to what kind of enemy you were fighting, you could just put on what gear you want and wail away, though of course, having to flip a phone around does make things a bit more difficult than they would be using keyboard keys.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-22 17:01:44

Hay Dark, perhaps I wasn't as clear as I ment to be in that post, but I just wanted the option of using the old system, not sticking with it over the new one, as I do really enjoy it, now that I know what to do.
The game just didn't tell me how to use it, as I'd loaded my previous save.
I actually had to start a new game to get the instructions, and dreaded that all my progress had been erased, as I had no idea where the game stores its save data.
Now that I've used the new system, I do wish we had equipment so we could lessen the damage the enemies deal, or a way to get more potions, as they're now going much faster than expected do to the differing speeds of the monsters.
We also can't check stats, or use potions outside of battle either; now that I think about it.
I'm wondering, if the game had been designed with this new battle system from the get-go, would we have some of these feetures?
Later!

2020-02-22 20:29:45

This is very aggravating that I have not yet gotten the update. I have tried a dozen of times to request the update through the url that was given.
I even after that didn't work sent a few request emails to the given email. I even asked on here a few times.
However I got a response from audiogamestore. They sent me the demo of the game instead of the update for the full game.
This discourage me from buying another product from them. I purchased the game on February 6.
Can someone please give me the update game? My email address is [email protected]
I would like to enjoy the new features.

2020-02-22 21:33:14

Believe me, I've suffered some aggravation with Inquisitor 4.. Max will make sure you get your update though, Cyco. It is the weekend and I don't believe they're in the office today. I do know that they will issue your update to you with your activation key implemented so you don't have to re enter it.
I like this new battle system a lot more. It is like Blind Gladiator, and yet different at the same time. Its it's own thing at the same time. The old battles just felt like a slap war, and the game flows better now. You aren't stuck listening to the description of every object you tab through. I do encourage people to tab a bit carefully though, cause you might miss a description or two if you're not careful. Pushing control on a Mac will re describe something if I missed it while exiting a battle I've learned. I took a trip out of town yesterday, two hours and thirty minutes round trip, and I just made it to the royal city.. So this game is three hours plus of game play with the fixes.
I also want people to keep in mind that you can't skip through some dialogs while going from room to room cause thats part of the storyline. They don't want people who may be playing for the first time to miss anything.. Thats my guess anyway.

2020-02-23 01:29:50

Marko just sent me the update. He also told me that he understand the aggravation.

2020-02-23 04:04:05

I am noticing that after a battle the voice is on one side of the speeker. Also it would be good to be able to find out how much health the enemy has.
I like the battle system. It makes the fights challenging.

2020-02-23 10:16:25

After 3 times requesting a free demo of this game, i didn’t receive an email to download it. This is very strang unlike in previous titles if i make a request the download link is instantly sent to my email.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-02-23 10:31:12

@hanif, As I said, you need to check all the consent boxes on the website, not just enter your details.
This is actually a bit of a pain, because the site gives you no indication what is wrong if you hit submit and haven't checked the boxes, and also because there are I believe two separate consent boxes to check, as well as one to receive updates.

Your best way is to use x or whatever other key your screen reader uses to go through check boxes, then fill in the fields.

To be honest I am not entirely sure why demos of all of the audio.it/tikon blue games can't just be freely downloadable files considering the demos are completely separate programs to the full game, but hay.

@Tbn, actually I like the fact that healing potions now mean something, even if I do wish they were a little more nuanced, and you can always get more as random battle awards.
We might have to wait on expansion of the system with new equipment, different types of potion etc for the next blind quest game, however it is possible max_depa could add status checking onto the menu, along with use of healing potions outside of battle, though thinking about it as savepoints also seem to restore your health this might not be quite as necessary.

2020-02-23 16:10:53

@dark, I did check all the boxes after filling out my info, however after pressing submit it says soon you’ll receive an email containing the download link and a user code. I check my email but it’s not there.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-02-23 16:28:34

Fair enough. If you did indeed get the message saying the email was sent, then there might be a problem here.

2020-02-24 01:01:07

Hopefully being able to check the health of your opponent will be on the next game..

2020-02-24 15:42:11

Hi everybody!
Did everyone solve their problem with the e-mail?
As someone suggested, during weekends the office is closed but here I am again.

The stereo bug is now fixed, before the new update I want to make sure that everything else is okay. Next days it will be live!

Glad that the new battle system is being appreciated!

And yes, you can't skip the messages between rooms because they are cutscenes related to the story (in fact, next time you enter the room they're not there again).

2020-02-24 18:05:13

Hi Max, I e-mailed you describing a minor issue I've found while playing the game.

2020-02-25 05:47:57

Hey, Max_Depa.

Here is some feedback. After the battles the speech needs to stay in the center instead of being on the left or the right.
There needs to be a way to check the enemies health doing a battle. On the other thread about the game.
Dark suggested a good idea. There should be a quest log to check to see what quests have been completed and which ones have not.

2020-02-25 17:37:19

I would actually like the speed of the roon quest monster to be slowed.
We know this guy is a powerhouse which is fine.
However he is almost to fast.
Basically hit him once and he attacks, even if you get the rythm right he will take ages to kill.
I can't even damage him.
The king boss is quite hard and he is the boss and thats fine, but this monster guy  in the west room off of the throne room is harder than that.
If that could get adjusted that could be fine.
I'd also like a plot to save the king, maybe destroying that monster does that but he is to fast.

2020-02-26 05:08:45

The skeleton can be beat, but you have to focus on dodging his blows first and striking second. It took a few try's but I got him.

2020-02-26 13:37:45

Hi everyone I'm here again!
The skeleton monster is an optional boss; in rpgs you usually find optional bosses that are harder then the final boss to beat.
So I don't think that it will be changed in the future.

2020-02-27 00:41:45

max_depa wrote:

Hi everyone I'm here again!
The skeleton monster is an optional boss; in rpgs you usually find optional bosses that are harder then the final boss to beat.
So I don't think that it will be changed in the future.

No way, don't change a thing. The skeleton was the only one whom I questioned weather or not I would be able to be victorious against. I waited him out, and struck at the proper times. haha

2020-02-28 01:27:53

how much does this game cost in American dollars thanks

2020-02-28 07:43:52

I believe it cost six dollars.