2020-07-03 17:51:22

@375 they want to clear the cannon loop sound because it lags

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 18:07:55

As does most everything else.  Fighting itself causes lag.  Throwing far too many bots on the map causes lag.  Too many bullets cause lag.  And sometimes the lag is capable of producing some rather interesting results, such as being killed in midair and then respawning in said air in the safehouse.  I'm not going to claim to have the answer, because I don't, but for awhile now people have been voicing the idea that you should stay away from bgt for this reason, particularly as it pertains to making online games.  To be quite honest, this is the first online game I've played coded in BGT and, it this is the kind of thing you guys have been doing for the past 5 years just to mimic playing an fps or something of this caliber?  I'd say this is pretty bad.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 18:10:27

Some of the sounds do suck. Why would they make a cannonball sound like a roving minifridge. Also why would you take out the loop sounds, how else would you know the cannon is coming. Yeah, listening to the community is great, but you have to have your own vision or it just goes belly up. Also there is a very pronounced 60Hz hum in the chip eating sound. It's like really? It would take less than a minute to remove that hum and re-render the sound with no quality loss.

Yeah I like what's here now, but it does have the potential to get weird or even bad if they  mismanage it. I get that there's pressure involved, but yeah. I don't know what else to say on that front. Whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen I guess.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-03 18:22:41

All of the developers are getting backlash because of you. Yes. I know it is  because of BGT and lag and all that. However, their seems to be no lag on my end. Yes, I do agree that the cannon sound should be removed or, may be a bit well, yeah, but. You should show the developers more support then backlash and critisizing them. This is the only shooter game we have that is coded in BGT. I do think everyone should stay away from BGT because of this, and windows defender blocking it, but at the same time, if they can make a great game in BGT then why can't they? This, to me, is a great game. People have different opinions. If you don't like the game, then don't play it. simple as that. I like the game because, it is actually a fun concept. Just chiming in here a bit. Also, the hunger and thirst system do make sence. Realisticaly speaking. I do think however that thirst and hungear should depend on walking. You souyld be walking slower when you are at 90 hunger. Just providing feedback and all that. Anyway. Good day. I hope this game evolves into something big.

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 19:15:01

Just because it's the sole shooter does /not/ give it a free pass and does not mean people shouldn't stop voicing opinions, Eric

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 19:41:02

I myself actually would like to know the vision of the devs. forgetting for a bit the input of the community, what is or was their true vision for the game?  and yes, maby the cannonball should be a sound of a rock rolling around.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 20:00:26

I like the actual sound, because it sounds like cars passing by the streets of the city when the event thing is happenning and lots of players are shooting their cannons like maniacs!

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 20:28:48

@379 That was very vague and quite unnecessary. No one wants to see anything bad happen to the game, we're just voicing opinions, and how is that harming anything?

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-03 21:12:42

I don't think anyone out here's come and outright bashed the game or even the devs.  the most we've done is voiced opinions that are going to be seen as negative, but they certainly couldn't be taken as destructive criticism.  It's not like we're going out of our way to say this is a pile of donkey droppings with no possibility of redemption and it should just be squashed out of existence!  In fact, we're saying quite the opposite, which is that we're like the idea, like the concepts, like the general mechanics and, we're concerned that there isn't enough vision and clear management and sense of direction right now where the project is concerned and, that being the case it will more than likely implode on itself and we don't want that to happen!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 22:28:56 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-07-03 22:30:00)

The hum in the chip sound was removed yesterday, but I don't know if an update was pushed for the sound

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 22:35:34

Maybe not since it was still present today, that was an egregious miss.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-04 17:56:04

So been thinking on this.

I'd like to see Bloodstorm embrace its 2D arcade roots. I'd like the hunger/thirst system to go and instead have regenerating health up to 75% of your max health, so 1500/2000 and then you need to use healing items for te rest.

Rename antibiotics to bandages or medkits or something.

I do love the new map, but I also feel you shouldn't be able to put robots in front of the store doors and instantly gun down people who are in the store. Actually I'd like two stores on the main map since one store with 5 robots is nigh impossible to get to and you shouldn't be able to block off the only store on the map and force people to take damage or get gunned down when exiting the store.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2020-07-04 18:49:13

@Erick, Meatbag and I already talked to yu on the game, so I won't really go into dept with your post.

All I'm gonna say is everyone who is actively posting on this topic aren't giving the devs backlash, but constructive advice. I agree with Nocturnous and Iron Cross.

It also seems like Admins on game don't even know where the game is going, so that sys a lot.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-07-04 19:42:36

So, uh, there's paid users on giving out suspicious links to maybe malware on the game. You gonna do anything about it, game admins?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2020-07-04 21:22:27 (edited by Mudb0y 2020-07-05 01:15:49)

Aha, i thing i know what you are talking about, that thing me and minionslayer made today for some fun lmfao.
So i changed my nickname to something of the sord of bloodstorm source legit no virus to just joke around, and then i had a bright idea to write something nice which you can find here
https://stas-prze.github.io/articles/20 … -no-virus/
if you click on the download link, you'll instantly know what we did with you, but i wont spoil. No, its not a malware, nor the actual bloodstorm source.
You can clearly see how i wrote there, i just simulated these kind of scams like "Get free vps and no credit cart july 2020!"

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

Thumbs up

2020-07-04 21:40:21

oh my goooooood i'm stil laffing at this
Copyright badgamers I'm In China LLC Incorporated 2020 all rights blown up, thus not reserved. For more information, go to the toilet

Thumbs up

2020-07-06 21:36:13

Hmmm onto a more serious note, my account has stopped working, I was on yesterday and it worked, I logged on last night and aparently the username and password just don't work though there is an account in the system.
I don't mind except that I am a payed user and I am well I have a lot of stuff, I can get it again but if this continues to happen then who knows.
I do enjoy mucking about on this game.

Thumbs up

2020-07-06 22:10:22

@ stasp Legendary

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

Thumbs up

2020-07-08 17:09:19

Hi.
I logged on to the game today and I saw that the message of the day is something about bloodstorm 3D. Please dont go through with this idea. You guys haven't even fixed the current bugs in the 2D game, so why make a 3D version? in BGT? The lag will increase and the playerbase will diminish. Please dont make this another BB/TK game. When I first downloaded this, I liked its 2D side scroller concept. That was the roots of this game.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up

2020-07-08 17:10:58

Hello everyone.
Now, I understand that it is your game, however, can you tell me who wanted a 3d Bloodstorm? As it currently stands, the current game has a few kinks and bugs to work out, and now you're just going to create an entirely new game, with a 3RD demension? For what? Added complexity? To appeal to a wider audience? I'm definately flabbergasted as to why you guys would make such a detrimental choice. I know many players on the game who are displeased by this move, and I am as well. There are many reasons why not to create a second game at this stage.
I'm appealing to you guys to fix the problems we have with this current game instead of going out and creating a new, possibly buggier, laggier version, for me please. Do =the small things. We've been begging you guys for a better inventory system, fix that. People in this thread has been giving you ways to improve the hunger and thirst system, check that out. There are still many balancing issues, fix those.
I'm not attacking the game or you guys, I just think its a bad idea, as things stand to create an all new game, especially when the current game has many bugs still to be repaired.
I hope you guys understand, and take what I'm saying into consideration.
Cheers.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-07-08 17:20:23

the 3D version isn't going to replace the 2D one, who loves to play the 2D one could do that, and who loves the 3D one could play it, and the 2D one will still be developed to. so the new release will not mean that the 2D one will go down, no, it will still be up and updated.

Thumbs up

2020-07-08 17:21:32

Hi, I'm wondering why we're all of the sudden doing a 3D version of the game when the 2D version has quite a lot of issues. The I key working as it should for one, scope remaining active after switching to a non-scoped weapon, random lag at times, and just quality of life things that would really go a long way to improving the user experience. As it stands, you guys really aren't maintaining the 2D version, so I have little confidence that you will do so with this one. I really like what's here at present, which is why I donated. But generally one donates to see continuation of something they like, and I don't see this happening.

This will just fragment the player base of both games and really doesn't make much sense to me. I honestly think this project is being mismanaged, and now, if there are two versions, we'll have two mismanaged games.

I understand that you have your own vision for how you want things to be, but an online game is about the community, and that's starting to fall apart.  I really like what we have, but it's like a house after a while of not maintaining it, it starts rotting and falling apart.

Please, wake up and smell the coffee on this. Believe me, if you don't, it'll just rot and die. Did you spend multiple hours on this project to just let it die? Probably not, so don't let it. Thanks for reading.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-08 17:32:21

You should fix your existing game first before starting another one. I have been playing on and off for a couple of days, and it feels like i am playing a beta. The lag is awful, and You need some major re balancing. It really is not fun for me any more because of the lag, so I am probably done playing this.

Thumbs up

2020-07-08 17:37:36

Agreed, weapons are not balanced, they travel too slow, the ranges are weird with some of them.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-08 19:07:40

Ironcross, save yourr fingers, don't you know it's a rule you're not allowed to post anything negative at all about the game? Tunmi has that mentality and just threw a fit about omg use /feedback instead of posting on a forum.../sigh

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up