2020-07-01 14:14:56

Okay the new map's good, though I'd like to see the safe house themed to match the new map. Maybe it's in a different bit of the rainforest possibly?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 15:45:00

the idea is that you don't leave the safe zone until you personally feel ready.  Otherwise, don't leave the safe zone.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 16:16:38

Also, remember that it truly depends on the type of sniper we're discussing.  a Barrett M95, for instance, is a 50cal weapon.  IN essence what that means is that if you have a heavy bullet fired at such a velocity that, provided you were within roughly 200 feet of a steal structure you could easily pierce it.  It has a range of 1800 meters, roughly 5900 feet; that's over a kilometer and well over a mile.  The projectile travels at roughly 854 m/s.  On its own the weapon weighs about 23.5 pounds.
I'm not sure where the idea for the m1000 came from since I cannot find any relative info on it, which leads me to believe someone's been playing a bit too much call of duty or watching videos of the same, or that they reimagined and reinvented the concept of the M99 for this particular game.  either way?  We're talking 50 cal and, in the case of the 99, a 25 pound sucker that would theoretically only require one shot to destroy any human alive, provided they were within roughly 1000 feet of you, if we were being super realistic, the plane were only 2 d and there weren't any super limiting factors such as wind and angle and other such things to calculate.  So yes, the m1k is actually rather forgiving, for anyone claiming it may just be too powerful, and ok, I don't think I would want to carry it regularly because it weighs a bit more than my heaviest accordion... I dunno.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 16:39:46

Hmm, a good idea would be to add a shooting range to the safe zone where new players can learn the basics of targetting and the power and strength of their weapons. That would be a unique idea which I've never seen before in an online FPS.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 17:15:58

Nope.  Saw it in Perfect Dark in 2000, and I liked it because it also gave you a host of achievements and unlockables to collect.  Honestly, that would be a nice way to get newbies trained and a great way to give them their weapons one at a time.  IN essence, right now as things stand you have all your weapons and that kind of doesn't make sense?  If you set it up that way, a person couldn't say, just get the cannon unless they managed to unlock it via target practice with it first.  You'd have to do that with every weapon rather than just starting off with them, and that would ensure that you have a good grasp on how to use them.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 18:46:06

Okay so, more suggestions

1. If you DC on the main map you get moved to the safe zone and start there when you log back in

2. Be able to refill all your ammo at once for a certain amount of coins

3. Be able to take ammo off of your victims.

4. Make each weapon unique and stand out, the poison crossbow was mentioned before, but I'd like to see each weapon having a main fire and a secondary fire mode, you got this right now with the scope, but every weapon could have a secondary mode, for instance the grenade launcher could launch could fire maybe stun grenades, the pistol could have a pistol whip for melee attacks, the sniper/cannon already got the scope, the crossbow could swap between normal or poison ammo types, and so on.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2020-07-02 10:21:34

Hey.
I cant seem to create an account. I click connect then new account then it says server unreachable. is the server down?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up

2020-07-02 11:38:18

hi. sorry but the server was down. it's back up.

Thumbs up

2020-07-02 11:50:13

why didn't the autodownchecker make it come back up? smile

2020-07-02 16:55:46

because it don’t want to, lol.

Thumbs up

2020-07-02 18:46:28

And the chicken didn't cross the road because it didn't want to either, but since it didn't want to everyone made up a bunch of jokes about it doing completely the opposite.  That stupid chicken got more attention than he deserved when all I wanted was some nuggets!

Thumbs up

2020-07-02 19:57:36

Well to be honest, I do think that either hunger and thurst shouldn't exist in the safezone or we should have a way to get food there, I mean why can't the safezone have a cafe in it, or at least a vending machine or something.
Next thing, we should be able to get fruit some how, maybe some trees could have fruit maybe you could put trees with fruit in your house or something, at least the ability to get fruit or other things.
Right now, a house is just this status symbol, like I have a house I can bumb around in.
Also, every time I kill someone or thing my points no longer rize.
I do agree with the target range idea, I mean where do all those empty pop cans, and beer bottles go.

Thumbs up

2020-07-02 23:17:31

I don't like the hunger and thirst system, it serves no useful purpose. Are we playing a killing game or a life sim, why this mishmash of both? To be fair though, I don't agree with this system in most games, unless it's of the survival genre.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-03 00:35:54

Yeah, looking back on it I find the thing more annoying than useful.  I mean as things stand it's not like eating improves your HP or gives you more speed or stamina or clarity or the ability to focus better on a target or, well, anything!  It just lowers a bar that is going to rise up again!  Now, if you say, introduced energy drinks to both replenish your thirst and they also gave you a boost in speed or something?  Well, that might be cool.

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 02:25:44

i agree. Hunger and thirst systems make no sense in fps games, unless they give you a boost, like slow you down when they get too high and if you use certain things like soda, or chocolate, would make you more faster or something like that.

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 02:27:50

@TheTrueSwampGamer. Some rando is calling theirself TheTrueSwampSpammer. I wonder who that could be...

_____

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 10:00:35

Agreed with Nocturnus.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 10:51:19

Why is everyone agreeing with me of a sudden!  Shut up already!  You're supposed to disagree!  That's the norma!  I come in here, make a statement, you disagree!  why am I having to teach you guys everything! :d

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 12:42:18

The hunger and thirst system was implemented to make the game more in the survival and fighting genre. Fighting, in my honest opinion, should have effects on you, both dehydration and hunger in my opinion are considered valid effects.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-07-03 12:47:46

Except Tunmi it does little more than irritate people and has no effect other than randomly dropping dead of starvation/dehydration, especially since the safe zone got the food and store removed. Which means if you get killed with high hunger/thirst, and then die again in the SZ...

@Nocturnus: Pineapple. There I disagreed with you, thank me later

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 13:29:10

@Nocturnous, its our opinion. And You have no right to tell us to shut up when we're voicing our opinions! You jerk! I'm hence forth disagreeing with all your posts! Even if your ideals clash with mine. I'm no longer giving your funny posts thumbs up! Up done! Also, anyone who has a problem with Hawaiian Pizza is insane, stupid, a schmuck, etc etc, and I say you should be electricuted, hit in the head with a 15 kg hammer, then be tomatoed, then have your limbs torn off, then shot with pain bulets, then with actual bullets, then you should be blasted into space with no protection and be exposed to burning in the athmosphere. So, Goodbye, Nocturnous.

_____

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 14:27:20

and the self-discourse begins.
n1.  Has our plan to conquer the world received a huge success today?
n2.  Don't believe that for a minute, or you'll be guilty of underestimating everyone around you.
n1.  What do you mean?
n2.  Just because you used a load of reverse psychology to get them to disagree with you doesn't mean you can get them to do anything else.
n1.  You mean that was a waste of time?
n2.  More or less...
n1.  why didn't you warn me of that priar to now?
n2.  Because you were too intent on having fun to listen!
n1.  Quiet, you're giving away valuable insight into...
n2.  Oh shut your blabbering.  They know your stupid satirical self well enough that they know even a guy with as much integrity as yourself can't help but laugh at someone else's expense now and again.  everyone does it.
n1.  Everyone?
n2.  Almost everyone.
n1.  Do you know anyone who doesn't?
n2.  Um... I'll get back to you on that.
n1.  when will you get back to me on that?  Hey?  Hey?  Hey!  come back here!  I want an answer!
My head is full of a sudden emptiness save for the words I'm writing to try and explain this feeling... I know I'll fail but there ya have it.  Welcome to my world!  I didn't conquer it; it conquered me! :d

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 14:31:25

In a world where Hawaiian Pizza is outlawed, and Pretzels are the imperial food...

Can I survive? Maybe I'll learn to enjoy pretzels. Maybe Pineapples really are evil. I mean, a fruit that burns your lip when you eat it is an evil fruit? Right?
Nah. Pretzels are disgusting. Its time to commit kamakazi...

_____

Thumbs up

2020-07-03 16:10:46

I honestly can't find anything redeemable about the hunger and thirst, it's just an irritant. Also, if the game is supposed to be a mishmash of survival and fighting, where's the survival aspect? It doesn't really work because it's a tight ball of stuff with no structure. Why are we fighting, what are we surviving? Is this some kind of island town where the supplies are running out? Well nah because there's a bank, a store, a cafe, etc. So what's got everyone so agitated that they're willing to kill anyone on sight.

See, survival games generally have a story, you're not just plopped out in the middle of the tundra, rainforest, or whatever environment and ready, set, go! There is no story here though. Now, I would say that if you wanted to go down that route some restructuring would have to be done. Answer the five W's for a start, make it so that people have a reason to not kill everyone on sight, but also one where they could kill if needed. In other words, add some PVE elements that would balance the scale between PVP and PVE. Also, weapons should be procure on sight, you may be able to start with a knife. You'd want to give players a reason to value their life, in other words, think whether or not they want to engage another player, because if you lose even that knife, you come back naked and afraid. Add different maps with different types of activities, like chopping down trees or scavenging coconuts and stuff like that.

Take antibiotics and make them effective against curing infections. Those you get by being bitten by emaciated animals or something. Health would regenerate on its own. You'd have one rate for being active, and another for sitting down and resting. Also an overall scalar that would effect the healing process as a whole depending on how hungry or dehydrated you are at the time. Being dehydrated should be worse than being hungry. It should slow you down, not just in your walking but if you use melee weapons, you slow down the swings. Being hungry should effect your max stamina and make your stamina drain quicker. I know there's not a thing like that right now, but in a survival game, there usually is.

How... ever

I really don't think you guys should go down this road. First of all, it just doesn't make sense with what's there now and would pretty much mean restructuring the entire game. Secondly, it's easier to do one thing very well than to do two things very well. The more you try to vary the diversity of content, the more the entire thing is going to suffer. So, why not be the best damned arcade 2D multiplayer shooter out there rather than an a good shooter and an OK survival game.

Anyway, I know that you guys will do what you want, but I thought I'd weigh in with my two cents. I've seen plenty of games that try to do multiple things very well and can't manage it. And it kind of makes sense. You can kind of use a crescent wrench as pliers, but aren't pliers better? You can kind of use the handle of a screw driver as a hammer, but doesn't a hammer work better?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-03 16:47:38 (edited by Nocturnus 2020-07-03 16:48:14)

I've already been clear with both of them and told them I think they're mismanaging their project.  for all the great  development they're doing, they also do a load of one step forward and ten steps back.  Earlier I got on and they were considering taking out the cannon loopp sound because majority says take it out.  I'm all for a great impression because you want to make a product good and enticing to the gamers, but I think what's needed more often than not and what isn't delivered nowadays is an accurate impression.  That's where this game is seriously going to fall short.

Thumbs up +1