2020-02-12 16:20:41

@Accman et al: You will be able to run the demonstration version of this skill just fine with the Windows 10 version of the Alexa app, but you will not be able to upgrade to the full version (assuming that the full version is unlocked via an in-skill purchase). The Windows 10 iteration of Amazon's assistant does not permit one to conduct any in-skill purchases for premium features. I found this out while playing games such as The Dark Citadel, The Vortex, Six Swords, and Escape The Room 2, all of which support premium features. So if you want to play the full release, you'll probably have to do it through your phone's Alexa app, assuming that platform's version allows in-skill purchases. If not, then you can always get an Echo dot pretty cheaply depending on the time of year, as Amazon often offers those devices at tremendous discounts.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2020-02-13 00:57:17

I hope I'll be able to play the full version on my phone. While I would have absolutely no objection to getting an Echo Dot at some point (I've always thought they sounded kind of cool), that may have to wait a few months. But if I can play the full version on my phone we should be fine. Immersive is definitely an accurate descriptor even without stereo sound. The music and sound effects seem very well done. Just remember to either disable VoiceOver or at the very least turn speech off while playing! LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-02-13 03:10:23

I just watched Liam's stream and had to laugh at how he had to talk about Alexa without actually mentioning the name.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-02-13 16:51:30

I can´t seem to run the game on my phone. I have the app installed and set up, and I have enabled the skill for Cursed Painting. When I try to open the skill, I get the reply that Alexa has no answer.

2020-02-13 17:32:00

That's odd. I got it to run right away.

2020-02-13 22:05:36

What did you do? I try saying Alexa open Cursed Painting and open cursed painting. Do I need to turn off voiceover completely? I just have the speech turned off when I talk to Alexa.

2020-02-13 22:06:56

I have tried saying Alexa open Cursed Painting and open cursed painting. Do you Think voiceover is interfering? Should I turn of voiceover completely? I just have the speech turned off when I talk to Alexa.

2020-02-13 23:50:38

If you've got it enabled then you shouldn't have any issues, although yes, voiceover can sometimes interfere. Fortunately just turning the speech off before you actually ask Alexa should eliminate that.

2020-02-14 09:57:19

@Computergamer: Try the following:
1. Click on the "Ask Alexa" tab. You will hear a ding to confirm that Alexa is listening.
2. Say: "Launch Cursed painting."
That works for me.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-02-15 01:46:11

Hi! I tried saying launch cursed painting, but alexa says she doens´t have an answer to it. I feel something is strange here. I have the speech turned off when I talk with Alexa. I even tried turning voiceover off.

2020-02-15 18:00:43

Are you sure you enabled the skill first? That's the only reason I can think of why you might be having this issue.

2020-02-16 01:23:45

I have the skill enabled or so I Think. I have even tried to disable the skill and then enable it again to see if that was doing anything. I have the skill enabled on my computer as well. I have no idea why i keep having these issues.

2020-02-16 04:25:11

Hmmm, neither do I then.

2020-02-17 00:23:24

@Computergamer: Is your country set to US in your account settings?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2020-02-18 03:15:46

No, it just says unknown country.

2020-02-18 06:29:16

I am wondering something about the monthly expansion packs. Will there be any that will add on to the story to make the game last longer?

2020-02-18 09:13:01

Computergamer wrote:

No, it just says unknown country.

Then, set your country to US and it'll work. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2020-02-18 16:10:48

Hi! SO I recently bought a new Iphone, a Iphone XR and today I tried my Alexa app on the phone. I said launch cursed painting and the game started up directly. So it would seem my problem has been solved. I am playing through the demo right now.

2020-02-18 20:34:10

Glad you got it sorted out. I'm definitely excited for the full version.

2020-02-19 00:48:12

I am as excited as you are. I have just finished the demo and I really liked it a lot.l

2020-02-19 02:01:43

Yeah. It just sucks there are only two battles to fight.

2020-02-19 11:13:05

Computergamer wrote:

I am as excited as you are. I have just finished the demo and I really liked it a lot.l

We're so happy you liked the demo! Hopefully you'll like the full game even more.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-02-19 11:42:22

Hi everyone!
My name is Cornelia, I'm the new community manager on Wanderword. So if you have any questions or inquires about Cursed Painting or our other games, feel free to email me directly at [email protected] smile

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-02-20 00:44:16

I'm definitely excited, not only for the main story but also the added content.

2020-02-20 09:39:40 (edited by Wanderword 2020-02-20 09:39:51)

BryanP wrote:

I'm definitely excited, not only for the main story but also the added content.

Great that you liked the game! We're excited too, to bring you bigger and better content.

/Cornelia
Wanderword