2020-01-18 16:48:38

If I were president of the country or if there was a global world president, vaping, smoking and other such things would be illegal and punishable by huge five hundred thousand dollar fines to millions of dollars in fines and 20 years to life in prison. All tobacco products would be banned immediately and people who smoked previously would be required to be hospitalized and receive intensive therapy to treat their adictions. Drinking would be allowed, but it would be restricted and heavily monitored as in people could have no more than 1 alcoholic drink per hour. The money collected from fines would go to prolife organizations to further the cause of shutting down planned parenthood permanently along with shutting down all other abortion clinics around the world. That's what I would do if I were president of the world, if such a thing existed--and to keep people from drinking and driving all vehicles would have sensors built into the cabs to detect if someone has been drinking and if so, the vehicle would not start and would report their driving while drinking attempt to the world united police force who would immediately arrest them throw them in jail and fine them five hundred thousand dollars or more.

2020-01-18 18:42:15

Vapor products have all different kinds of smell concerns. Depends on what you buy. I love having tobacco vape products, but I love them too much , so I only have them like once every 3-5 years. People who complain about vaping products are hilarious because it's not like you're fucking them: Why should they complain about a product category that's been pretty much proven safe by this point? Sure you can find studies to support anything, but this so called pandemic coming down to vitamin e additive proves this at least to me.
As for eJuice rigs, it's probably similar situation to concentrate vapes. Many products on the market are controlled by your inhales, but some have buttons you press and hold: I imagine the best rigs are ones that gives us that control, but right now I use a inhale controlled battery. You can read and get a lot of info from reddits on this subject. All you'll get here is blindy judgements. Maybe /r/Canadian_ecigarette/ or r/electronic_cigarette/

2020-01-18 19:35:18 (edited by Dan Gero 2020-01-18 19:37:56)

Post 26 is a prime example of a dictatorship. I am thoroughly disgusted, and I don't even smoke or drink.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-01-18 19:42:29

To all future mothers, let post26 be exhibit A in why you should hug your kids enough. If you don't there's no telling what they might grow up to be.

As to vaping, if you are using a 0.6 ohm coil that is right on the edge of what manufacturers are using for both DL and MTL vaping. Is your tank a MTL, or direct lung hit? Do you hit it like a cigarette, or are you directly inhaling the vapor like taking a big breath. If it is like a cigarette then you can step up nicotine if your 6% is not enough. By the way 6% means that it is 12mg liquid, which means there is 12mg of nicotine in 1ml of liquid. If you are using a direct lung sub ohm tank then that 6% is not good.
I cannot stress this enough, and anyone who vapes really needs to understand this. You cannot put any juice in any tank. Low nicotine juices are for lung hitting and sub ohm vaping, high nicotine juices (above 3% or 6mg) are for MTL vaping. If you put a high nicotine liquid in a sub ohm tank and lung hit you will make yourself very sick. Nicotine is perfectly fine, but like with everything, only if you use it correctly. Just imagine taking a handful of caffeine pills when you are use to drinking 1 cup of coffee a day, you are going to make yourself sick as hell.

As to nicotine salts, I personally never suggest people use them to start. They have no throat hit, and they come in nicotine levels that are way too high. You can use a 18mg free base juice and it will have a really big satisfying throat hit. That is what I used, but with a 50mg nicotine salt there was no hit, and I'd get all dizzy after just a few puffs. If you smoked a lot, and now want to vape at a comparable level until you get use to it, then a high 50mg liquid is not good. You are going to be sucking down a lot of nicotine and it won't be good. You'll probably end up getting more addicted which would be silly.

As to the mechanics of how a vape works. It is a coil. Imagine you have a piece of wire and you want to coil it into the shape of a spring. That spring is the coil which is attached to your tank's positive and negative. There are different wires, gauges, and coil types to produce different effects. For example my coil of choice is called a tri core clapton. It is 3 thin gauge wires forming a core, then that is wrapped with an even thinner gauge wire like a guitar string would be. That is then used to make a coil.
The coil is then stuffed with organic cotton, this would be like running a shoe lace through a small spring. The liquid then wicks up the cotton and into the coil. The vape mod then runs electricity through the coil which heats it up and vaporizes the juice. The cotton doesn't burn because it is drenched in vape liquid. There are different specifics depending on what type of tank, but that is the general principle. That doesn't even go into resistance, voltage, and wattage but that is the general way of it.

With DIY vaping, you mix up in bulk and then store in smaller bottles when using whatever liquid. For example right now I have 300ml of a chocolate doughnut, strawberry cheesecake, raspberry custard, and cantaloupe pomegranate. Those are in 500 ml bottles, but I also have normal 60ml LDPE unicorn bottles of those juices I fill my vape with. The bigger bottles are used for mixing and storage, the smaller are used for vaping. I have tried and have not found a way to mix being blind, it involves getting some measurements down to the hundredth of a gram. NO talking scales are sensitive enough. What I have done is buy all the stuff to mix juice, and I pay someone $10 a month to mix me up juice whenever I need it. It still is cheaper than buying it. The investment at the start is more, but afterwards I'm paying about $20 for 400 to 500ml of finished vape juice. I also use a RDA so no buying pre made coils. I just install my own wire coils, add my own cotton and can drip or squank until my heart's content.
if this is something you are interested in there is a big community of vapers on youtube, and watching their videos will help you way more than I ever could. Most importantly if you have a mod and tank that you enjoy use it, if you aren't smoking then it is good. If down the road you want to branch out and get into the more hobbyist parts then by all means go down the rabbit hole, a lot of us have. Just make sure you are using the right liquid for the right tank, and if you have external batteries stop what you are doing and go research proper battery safety, that is the most important.

2020-01-18 20:09:03

@19, thank you for clarifying the tank thing. As a nonsmoker, i didn't know the smaller tanks were for above ome vaping, mine is a subome and I vape 0mg nicotine juice, smores flavor to be exact.

Apologies if this is too off topic, but have any of you tried CBD vapes? I've been considering looking into those more.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-01-18 20:16:27

are their vapes for weed? currently I bin doing edibles, but I want to try vaping weed at some point.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-01-18 20:35:14

@30/@31: Yes there are marijuana vapes. I prefer them to pipes/smoking for a whole bunch of reasons. They're a bit different, though, because you can opt for either dry-herb or concentrate. Concentrates are probably similar to e-cig vapes, though they also require you to actually buy concentrate tanks, or maybe you can make your own, but that seems like more trouble than I care to get into. If you're lucky and live in a legal state, then concentrates are probably more readily available. If you live in an uncivilized backwater like most of us, you have to hope your connections carry them, which mine either don't, or do so sporatically that it's too much trouble.

I use dry-herb. Grind, pack, and puff. Really can't get much easier. I have a little USB battery-powered thing that's easy to pack in advance, toss in a pocket, and hit whenever and almost wherever I want. My main workhorse is butane-powered. The USB unit has a battery life of 1.5 hours or so, which is fine for concealed use, but often runs out after a good night session. The butane refills and is ready to go in 10 minutes or so, but you're managing the temperature yourself so it's more work to use. But it's mechanical, audible when lit or not lit, and very welcome in a world of devices that are so silent that you don't know if they're lit unless you hit them and find out.

They're definitely a fun little rabbit hole to get tempted down. I'm looking into a dry-herb unit that lights with a torch lighter, then clicks when it's correctly heated or when it's too cool to hit. Then there's the venerable Volcano that lets you fill bags of vapor and hand them out at parties. Definitely hang onto your wallet. smile When I started, one of the options in my price range had wireless charging, a touch interface, and Apple-like packaging. You could even play Simon Says on it if you wanted to for some stoned-ass reason.

2020-01-18 21:28:43

@21 Every state has raised the age to purchase tobacco to 21. It is a federal law

2020-01-18 21:38:47 (edited by Rich_Beardsley 2020-01-18 21:50:57)

joshknnd1982 wrote:

If I were president of the country or if there was a global world president, vaping, smoking and other such things would be illegal and punishable by huge five hundred thousand dollar fines to millions of dollars in fines and 20 years to life in prison. All tobacco products would be banned immediately and people who smoked previously would be required to be hospitalized and receive intensive therapy to treat their adictions. Drinking would be allowed, but it would be restricted and heavily monitored as in people could have no more than 1 alcoholic drink per hour. The money collected from fines would go to prolife organizations to further the cause of shutting down planned parenthood permanently along with shutting down all other abortion clinics around the world. That's what I would do if I were president of the world, if such a thing existed--and to keep people from drinking and driving all vehicles would have sensors built into the cabs to detect if someone has been drinking and if so, the vehicle would not start and would report their driving while drinking attempt to the world united police force who would immediately arrest them throw them in jail and fine them five hundred thousand dollars or more.

It was necessary to say this why? And also, technology to prevent drinking and driving already exists. If it's not public, it has been mentioned on some local news outlets in my state. Basically, it somehow tracks the alcohol on the person's breath, and it won't start if it notices that their blood alcohol level is too high.
Edit: Maybe with the drinking and driving, I think I kind of see where you're coming from. That does need to be prevented. But if people want to use tobacco, unless they're smoking around you and you are at risk of getting second hand smoke, why do you care? Is it hurting you in any way? I can also see how it would bother you if it was one of your family members doing it to themselves, but that is beside the point. The point is that we all have free will, and at the end of the day, if someone chooses to engage in activities that negatively impact them, as long as it's legal, they are within their right and it is not our place to tell them what to do

2020-01-18 22:02:13

the market is expanding at such a rate that you're bound to find new and better devices that blow what you have out of the water every day. When starting out I'd consider your environment. If you're around folks who don't mind showing you how to grind, pack, and light up then by all means smoke a bowl. If you're in your mothers basement... Stick to smaller vapes.
Aside from edibles (which aren't cheap) in my opinion the easiest way of vaping marijuana is probably through a 510 threaded pen / battery and detachable cartridge (tank).
Batteries range in price, starting around $10 or $15 for the simplest most generic model and increasing from there when you begin to add features like configurable voltage. Most are circular, about the diameter of a thin marker. You have a USB port for charging on one end and place to attach your cartridges on the other. Cartridges are disposable tanks containing whatever it is you're trying to vape, ordinarily CBD THC or a mixture between the two. Depending on the law in your place of residence, cartridges containing oil or concentrate can be found at dispensaries or the home of your friendly connection. Here in the American midwest, cartridges are pretty popular among dealers due to their simplicity. You can also vape without sending up clouds of smoke, such that others in the room may not even know.
Buy a pen, charge with the provided USB, find a cartridge and twist it in the other side, really doesn't get any more complicated than that. I personally recommend beginners start out here, though sometimes it's unfortunately up to your dealer's supply.

Dry herb vaporizers, as pointed out in 32, require a bit more preparation when starting out but turn out to be a tad cheaper in the longrun. You'll have to buy the device, vacuum containers if you don't want anyone to be tipped off to your nearby flour and of course actual flour.

I haven't yet invested in one of those smart stoner party delights, but my eye has been on one too. If I had $250 to spare you'd better believe I'd be all in. The pax 3 specifically has a little spinner game. You and four friends sit around in a circle and have the unit randomly pick one person. Said person then has to take a hit. Rinse and repeat. Simon probably comes afterword.
Friends and I have done puff puff pass with bop it's pass it mode... But that can get dangerous if you're a competitive bastard like myself.

2020-01-18 22:03:00

@34 It's trolling. Best to just ignore it. Even allowing for it not being satyre, which I suspect it might be, this person isn't master of the universe or whatever anyway. So what they want or would do doesn't matter. If it is in fact serious, it's just someone wanting to sound important by having an opinion they think matters. Best not to make it seem like it does.

2020-01-18 22:11:05

Oh, forgot to mention the other fun thing about dry-herb. Assuming you don't burn the herb, you can reuse it. Empty your ground, pre-vaped weed into a sealable jar. Don't try to smoke it. It will burn your throat like a hot poker. You can reuse it to make lower-yield but still powerful edibles.

My current favorite are incredibly easy. Take a spoonful of peanut butter, work about half a teaspoon of already-vaped-and-activated weed into it. Squirt a little Magic Shell into a silicon ice cube tray, place the scoop of PB inside, cover with a bit more shell, and freeze. In a few hours, you've got infused chocolate squares, or peanut butter cups if you use the right flavor shell. Take about an hour to hit, and usually wear off in 7-8 hours. So they're lower-yield than pure edibles, but still great, and an excellent way to stretch what you get even further. Sometimes I have 7-8 cubes on hand. I call them Party Poppers. I'll occasionally make half-dose "party poopers" for those with lower tolerances, or folks who want a pick-me-up but don't necessarily want to get too high. They're fun.

2020-01-19 00:13:05

Personally, I'm quite happy with how I decided to deal with the question of smoking (both tobaco and weed). These things have always been a very social thing for me. It's not something I can picture doing alone, I feel comfortable doing it around friends that do the same but not by myself. It's also a cheep and easy way not to get adicted to such things (yes yes I know there's no such thing as a physical marijuana adiction but it can happen psychologically) since I have no idea how I would prepare things like that, or with the question of weed, where to source it. And I'm perfectly fine with this situation. So getting high, for example, is a valued experience to me that I may have the opportunity to have every once in a while, not an act I conciously choose to do whenever I want to.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-01-19 04:42:55

@29 I am currently doing MTL hits, I find it closer to the smoking experience and it helps me ease the need for a cig. Right now I have gone 2 days without even a single puff of the damned cigarette and counting. I feel the need for one but vaping seems to ease the feeling for a while. I might get into DL hitting later on, but right now I preffer to vapour liquids with higher contents of nicotine since that is what I smoked before. Specifically, I smoked the cigarettes with the highest nicotine content I could find on the market, they were about 14% I believe.
Maybe I'll gradually decrease my nicotine intake in the future but for now I'm happy that I escaped smoking.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2020-02-13 13:15:18 (edited by rayshow 2020-02-19 15:00:12)

I personally suffer from terrible chronic pain and pain associated issues after I sustained some nasty spinal injuries.

ANYTHING that will help with that pain hand it to me and only RoyalCBD works fine for me!  I was prescribed an absolute ton of various painkillers and other meds for pain etc, if this stuff can also help me reduce those opiate pain meds. But unlike CBD, they alll have tons of side effects.