2020-03-22 08:12:14

you should make it so that you can add pk arenas so players can use spells and magic on other players or they can just swing there weapons like a madman rofl

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-12-09 04:03:00 (edited by brian.kurosawa 2020-12-09 04:03:16)

Hello guys. After almost an entire year without development, I've finally released a new version.
There's some things I'd like to point here.
I've managed to translate most quests to english, including the new npc dialogue. In case of missing translation, please send-me a message through the provided ways of contact.
I almost made equipment change armor class, but figured at the last moment it was broken, so I've decided to think in other solutions.
There's four new maps, two being dungeons, one city and a new overworld.
I wasn't able to think in new ability groups, sorry.
And last but not least, I'll be honest with you guys. The reason for me to take so long for a new release isn't lack of time. Indeed I'm on college but there's some things bothering me. A bit of lack of both confidence and discipline, mixed with some questions I'm asking to myself repeatedly. I'm not sure if an online audiogame is something I'm currently enjoying to work with. Don't know if it's temporary or something I couldn't confess to myself, but I hope I can deal with it soon enough. In short, that's it. I won't explain everything here but I thought I at least owed the gamming community.
The link is available on the first post.

2020-12-09 04:48:34

hello i downloaded the game, when i press play it asks for version 0.3.1, how do i have it, thanks and have a good day

I like playing games, listening to music and doing everything else
my telegram

2020-12-09 05:19:01

Where do I get 0.1? I tried playing the game, ut I get an error.

2020-12-09 05:49:40

Hi. there is a small error with the link of the first post, try this:

http://www.blindgameplay.com/Forgotten_islands.zip

2020-12-09 06:10:36

@130wow, it works, thanks a lot

my telegram

2020-12-09 08:06:16

@brian.kurosawa, awesome, thanks for the update.
May I know the title of the music that plays on the first town though?

2020-12-09 09:12:54

Hi.
Thanks for the new version. I look forward to give this a try.
If you stop develop the game, then I hope you'll consider the following:
1. Release the server to the public so we can host our own servers.
2. Make a quest system, so the server admin can make new quests. However, it's okay if that won't be possible to make.
It would just be such a shame if the server will be taken offline if you stop developing the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-12-09 09:44:33

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
Thanks for the new version. I look forward to give this a try.
If you stop develop the game, then I hope you'll consider the following:
1. Release the server to the public so we can host our own servers.
2. Make a quest system, so the server admin can make new quests. However, it's okay if that won't be possible to make.
It would just be such a shame if the server will be taken offline if you stop developing the game.

Ok, I'll do it, thanks for the good idea.

2020-12-09 11:15:52

I think that you don't need your own servers, unless you use the servers of people speaking different languages. I think the quest system should also be closed, that is, not everyone you meet will do them, but only a proven, smart, not deprived of creative talent, the same with the construction of new cards, just look for such people among your acquaintances, and I think everything will be much easier and better.

2020-12-09 11:16:51

I'm sorry, because of the translator, I could put the information in a wrong way, I meant that the quests were created by people whose criteria I wrote in 135

2020-12-09 11:19:35

Why does it seem that if a game goes away, people want it to be made available so that people can host their own servers?  If a game goes away, it goes away.  Their obvously was a reason. Stop hanging on to what was, and focus on what is or will be.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2020-12-09 12:45:54

Hi! Can you add arrow moving? I hate wsad

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2020-12-09 14:37:16

hi
when trying to download the game, I get a 404 error. anyone know how to fix this?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2020-12-09 15:32:28

Remi wrote:

hi
when trying to download the game, I get a 404 error. anyone know how to fix this?

Hello.
I've tried both provided links, and they worked fine for me.
I have no idea on what's causing this particular error.

2020-12-09 17:56:50

Really the game is great, the music in the menu itself is great, may I know its name?

my telegram

2020-12-09 19:57:27

Menu music: main theme 2 by wingless seraph
First town: nostalgia by wingless seraph as well

2020-12-10 05:38:44

ohThank you very much, the music is great

my telegram

2020-12-10 08:45:28

Vulcan wrote:

Why does it seem that if a game goes away, people want it to be made available so that people can host their own servers?  If a game goes away, it goes away.  Their obvously was a reason. Stop hanging on to what was, and focus on what is or will be.

You're right. I have plenty of stuff to do. We have enough games anyway, so there is no point in keeping stuff alive which isn't being developed anymore. I better focus on other stuff than keeping old stuff alive which developers have dropped.
@brian.kurosawa: Just screw my request and idea.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-12-10 16:28:03 (edited by brian.kurosawa 2020-12-10 16:53:45)

SLJ wrote:
Vulcan wrote:

You're right. I have plenty of stuff to do. We have enough games anyway, so there is no point in keeping stuff alive which isn't being developed anymore. I better focus on other stuff than keeping old stuff alive which developers have dropped.
@brian.kurosawa: Just screw my request and idea.

To be honest, I do understand slj's point of view.
Unlike offline games, if you somehow miss a certain title and wish to play it either by yourself or some friends, it won't be possible without a server available if the main one had been taken down for whatever reason. And, as far as I know, isn't guaranteed everyone will be able to host a server as well. In addittion, you might host your favorite offline game on various places, such as cloud or even your own computer. And, it'll be there, waiting you to play it. There were times when some friends and I wanted to play some specific titles for nostalgic reasons, but it wasn't possible due to the server being unavailable.
Even though my game is called Forgotten Islands, and the developer is a bit Forgotten these days, indeed our audiogame's commmunity had great titles deserve being eternally remembered. Letting games die away it's same as erasing our own story. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there still playing the first Manamon title, and even Srolling battles your world.
Well, that's my humble opinion. Hope you guys understand. Best regards.

2020-12-10 18:04:31

Ok guys, I came with some bad news.
I've noticed some errors that might impact on everyone's accounts for the time being. Thus, I'll have to again delete all accounts on the next update.
I know how is it frustrating. That's why I'll add more content before updating, so it might compensate on starting from scratch again. I'd like to apology in advance, and I honestly hope you guys can understand.

2020-12-10 20:13:47

Well, I spent a lot of time on this game. I liked this game very much, but now I do not know what to do. He said that he would not give compensation. But I still like this game. But I will not be back without compensation. I know one game, there all accounts were removed 5 or 6 times, without reason. Now this game is abandoned. I would like this game to grow and developed. But not towards the removal of human efforts.

2020-12-11 00:35:15

windows wrote:

Well, I spent a lot of time on this game. I liked this game very much, but now I do not know what to do. He said that he would not give compensation. But I still like this game. But I will not be back without compensation. I know one game, there all accounts were removed 5 or 6 times, without reason. Now this game is abandoned. I would like this game to grow and developed. But not towards the removal of human efforts.

Hello windows.
Like I've said earlier, I know how does it feel frustrating, since aside from a developer, I am a player too. I know of games who deleted accounts and are still running, like Dreamlands.
But, is it something I'lll have to do, otherwise the game would be broken in the future and things might become unfair to new players, and it might also include you depending on how things goes.
The unique effort I ask from you is having a bit of patience, since it is a game on it's early stages of development. Probably, these bugs might happen, and as frustrating as it seems, it might be normal. Not everything can be perfect.
I know that, for the future, I'll have to take care on those things, since it might break the entire game. But for now, not doing something about it might bring the same effect. That's why I'll have to do it, not because it's fun, but because I'll need to.

2020-12-11 00:48:31

You can simply write to your inventory these 500 gold and give them all players, you can make a normal system of movement and giving objects to players through chat, / Move / Give. But you are too lazy, I see.
When I was stuck in this forest What you told me. Wait until you die from hunger or thirst!
I will try to play similar games, but if I do not like them, I will give your game the last chance.
If this game is in the development stage, why you did not make this topic in the developer room?

2020-12-11 00:58:17

Indeed, you might call-me lazy due to the slower development. But if those things seems easier and annoying to you, I'll be happy to play your game built upon your own frameworks and engine. If you wish, I can hire wise people like you to do my work and hear complaining children instead of constructive feedback.
If you wish to give it a last chance or not, that's up to you. I depend on players to run my game indeed, but while there are people who doesn't understand the troubles I'm currently facing, the contrary also applies. You can't talk like you're the single person logging in and keeping me motivated. There are awesome people doing what you aren't, so like I've said earlier, feel free to leave.