2020-01-02 19:45:06

Hi everyone, I'm the developer of Nano Empire, Friends of the Prince, and A Few Minutes of Glory. It's time to announce my fourth game: Evelyn's Farm!

Evelyn's Farm is a paranormal adventure in which you and your friends are helping an old lady on her farm to save money for college. What could possibly go wrong? Mechanically, it's a text-based incremental along the lines of Nano Empire, A Dark Room, or Universal Paperclips.

Pre-order at a discount: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/evelyns-farm/id1490259856

Release date is January 27. Until then, I'm conducting a beta test. If you would like to be a beta tester, please email [email protected]

I believe this is my best game yet. I hope you enjoy it!

Developer of Nano Empire, A Few Minutes of Glory, Evelyn's Farm, Guess the Rule, and Pocket Reality.
jksgames.wordpress.com

2020-01-02 21:10:40

Any chance of these coming to android?

2020-01-02 21:17:02

Hi.

@jsenter, i've emailed you to test the game, it sounds like tuns of fun.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-01-02 23:37:59

Seems interesting. As my preceder said, any way it could be available for the Green Robot too?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-03 08:56:33 (edited by Dark 2020-01-03 09:36:33)

Sounds awesome, I'm quite the fan of incremental games, and lots of people have fancied a farm game. I've always really liked nano empire and have run through it several times just for fun.

I'll certainly be signing up to the preorder.
Congrats for getting another game out the door which I'm sure will be fantastic.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-01-03 09:07:30

Hi.
I've just preordered the game, looking forward to give it a try.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-01-06 02:34:31

hey. I sent you an email. Looking forward to this one.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-01-06 08:17:15

I can't wait for this one!
I love incremental games, and I've wanted a farm game, plus I love Nano Empire.

2020-01-06 11:32:54

hello, i sent you an email about beta test request. please check it  out. thanks.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2020-01-07 22:03:22

Thank you for all the beta responses!

I just released a new update which should fix the focus issues everyone was having.

If any of my games becomes financially successful on iOS, I'll consider porting it to Android...

Developer of Nano Empire, A Few Minutes of Glory, Evelyn's Farm, Guess the Rule, and Pocket Reality.
jksgames.wordpress.com

2020-01-10 08:25:17

I just played through nano empire again, and the idea of a similar but more expanded game really is good.
In particular, I'm a little sorry nano empire doesn't have an actual game plus feature, particularly since it has three different possible. endings to get, and running through with bonuses would be good.
Yee gods though, there is so much to do actually you usually end up trying to try everything once than grinding, especially when your worlds get to level 3 and 4.

I'll be doubly looking forward to this one in a couple of weeks.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-01-10 14:48:53

@10 Thank you for considering the android platform. Here's hoping for your success, then. We woulin the audiogame community in the android market would be very appreciative of your efforts. Got a thumbs from me.

2020-01-10 18:03:26

what is the cost for the games?

2020-01-10 18:32:49

Nano empire and a few minutes of glory are both $1.99, and I believe the same in pounds.
Friends of the prince is free but has a similarly low cost in ap purchice to make what you do matter less.

Actually I should try FOTP again, I played for a while, but since progress is so dictated by what others do it often felt a little didficult to get anywhere, though there did seem to be secrets as a single player which I didn't get all of.

2020-01-26 06:15:49

I preordered this, and I'm excited.
It releases Monday!

2020-01-26 09:46:32 (edited by matt1211 2020-01-26 09:46:55)

I'm also looking forward to this, yeah. Definitely loved nano empire, so I'm hoping for something similarly awesome.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-01-27 03:25:32 (edited by Dark 2020-01-27 07:13:08)

Okay, as I seem to be awake at weird times I'm just trying this now.
I'm definitely liking how things are working, although I seem to be quite a ways through after a comparatively short time, still I gather there is a lot to discover with the various tasks, I also wouldn't be surprised if there is more to find after the game ends.

I will admit I didn't quite get how fights work, mostly by not seeing the strength rating, so for anyone planning to play, make sure you check things out carefully, also remember that there are other benefits to working than getting cash, and unlike nano empire, things in this game don't seem to keep running unless you physically assign someone, or at least I don't think they do.

One question I do have, is do the exclamation marks mean that a task will progress the story? I thought so but wasn't exactly sure.
I also wonder what series this is based on. Thus far the text is sort of giving me a sort of children of the corn vibe, which is a good thing, though I'm guessing when a tv series  mentioned in the guide there is something specific in mind.

Oh well, back to work I go.

Edit: okay ignore my above comment on being only a short ways through. Whilst I guess there is a chicken out early ending, I didn't go for that one and things are definitely getting interesting, albeit  a chance combat knocked me out of the game for 15 minutes, though since in 15 minutes my auto timers will probably have let me progress more in other areas, this isn't quite as dire as it sounds.

I am also guessing that I might still! not be on the endgame, given the stupidly high stats of one encounter I ran into, unless that's just intended as a wandering hazard.

Whilst I don't think this one will quite satisfy the desire of people who wanted a farm game, as a really interesting story with incremental elements and lots to explore in the vane of Nano empire, this one should definitely hit the spot.

Edit the second: Yee gods this game is waaaaaaay! longer than I thought, and there is so much to discover it's not funny.
Again I might or might not be coming up on one of the endings, but I'm not sure, since it'll take a lot of resources.

The only thing I do not like, is the actual clicking mechanic of the work button, and that is more to do with the way Ios handles taps with voiceove.

When playing an incremental game on pc with a click mechanic, it's easy enough to hammer a keyboard key down and get a good quick click rate. However with voiceover, since you need to double tap or split tap to activate buttons, your rate is either slower or more clunky (when I try split tapping, i always seem to end up either hitting too many times or taps not registering).

I do gather that for each hit of the work button, you do 2x the value required, EG if you have 20 strength, you'll do 40 per click, as opposed to your companions who do 1x value per second.

Whilst your various production values in the game change, the percentage increase from clicking does not.
It'd be nice if there was an option (say in option settings), to have the work button do a greater amount of total value clicks on a slower timer.
I don't know what most people's average is, but say have   5 x value on a 2 second timer, that way instead of trying to hammer away like a lunatic clicking the button, or double tap slowly, you could just tap in a regular rhythm at a couple of seconds and get a similar rate of increase, which would be much  comfortable on the fingers.

Perhaps, if this couldn't be part of the game's upgrades, this could be added as an option, since I don't imagine it'd be too hard to add? Either way, really looking forward to finishing the game, though goodness knows when that will be, really this one is like the magic tree, it just keeps on growing big_smile.

2020-01-27 07:10:25

Out now: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/evelyns-farm/id1490259856

Thank you for helping to make this day possible!

If you enjoy the game, please don't forget to rate and review as that can make a big difference.

@Dark: Yes, the exclamation marks mean a task will advance the story. The show I was thinking of is Stranger Things...

jksgames.wordpress.com

2020-01-27 08:54:18 (edited by Dark 2020-01-27 09:44:47)

Okay, first ending found, and as it took me about five rl hours, that is pretty good going, indeed this one is a longer play than Nano Empire, I think..

Interestingly enough, the ending I got (the first I've seen so far), it was likely the most extreme bad end, but I have ideas of where to go next time, indeed in a way having that end as essentialy a death trap was quite fitting.

My only miner disappointment is that there doesn't seem to be either a record of what endings you've found , or any game plus features to make the second playthru a little different from the first, the way that even games like universal paperclips have, or at least if there are they're possibly hidden, . These were elements missing from Nano empire, which I was hoping to see in Evelyn's farm, since having some sort of achievements to work towards and some rewards for finishing the game multiple times would be a nice insentive to discover all the endings and different story paths, EG perhaps for each new ending you lock you get a boost to either strength, knowledge or money.

Still, I can tell that getting all the endings will be an achievement in itself, even if not one tracked by the game.

In general though, this is awesome! Basically a newly improved nano empire withh characters with distinct personality, a really interesting story, better balanced    gameplay that doesn't make the player invincible in the   endgame and a system of mechanics that is just plane adictive, , , heck I've been up all night playing big_smile.
So a five star from me on the ap store and hope everyone else has as much fun wandering evelyn's farm as I have, and likely will continue to have until I've got all the endings.

Indeed, I'll say from a personal perspective, I'll be doing a lot of sitting around in hospital with my lady this week, so this game will be very welcome.

Edit: okay, second ending now found, or rather the obvious and boring "go to college" ending big_smile.

A Gain, I'm really wishing there was  a better clicking mechanic. The most efficient way I've found is to rest the index finger of one hand on the "work" button, and drum the fingers of the other hand repeatedly on the screen.

On the one hand, this means I can complete tasks pretty quickly, even when the cost has grown fairly steep (it took about twenty seconds of drumming for my character with 17 strength to get to seven thousand strength to complete the corn  harvesting just now when going for  the boring ending), on the other, it gives me finger ache, and occasionally activates the rotor if I'm not careful big_smile.

I'd definitely like a multy click over longer time option if possible, since the alternatives are either repetitive strain injuries or lots of waiting around and no clicking at all, since clicking the normal way with double taps for buttons is so long winded.

2020-01-27 12:06:38

I found the "go to college" ending first, and I am looking forward to the other endings.
It may not be a typical farm game, but I am enjoying it thoroughly!

2020-01-27 12:56:32

I didn't go for the  obvious ending myself first time since I wanted to explore, but after running into the bad end I thought I'd try it just for the sake of trying before I  for better endings later.

Hope you like the game mirage, you've got a long way to go big_smile.

Oh, and I've now submitted evelyn's farm to Applevis and you can Find it's page here.

2020-01-28 10:01:11

Hi.
Wow this game is amazing. I haven't completed the game yet, but I really like it so far.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2020-01-28 10:12:15

does it has sounds btw?

2020-01-28 11:37:39

@23 No, and that's ok.
Two endings down, will complete a third in a few minutes, so if anyone posts before then just a friendly reminder to please either don't give out spoilers, or if you must for the sake of assistance to put spoiler spaces somewhere in your message.  Dark makes the whole thing sound intriguing if you just read his posts because you get the feeling, especially from the first one that there's nothing to it; you just go raise some vegies and maybe some cattle or sheep to go to college.  This much, I'm sure we can both say, it was certainly unexpected.  Random encounters, different places to go, various outcomes depending on actions you take, and yes, there are bonuses... I'll just leave it at that.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-01-28 14:17:31

Hi.
I've completed the game once. I think I have seen the path to the second ending, and I'm currently trying to get the long ending. Wow, this game is much more than it seems like at the beginning.

Best regards SLJ.