2019-12-14 19:11:15

You might need the bios for that emulator, I know I did for psp for example.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-12-14 19:24:24

I'm pretty sure a lot of these questions can be answered on the wiki.

2019-12-14 19:38:46

hello
@75, look at post 49

let's rock!

2019-12-14 20:35:56

I have done all and I have tried this ong poken crystal game and all it is working great.
Great job and I want to see more improvements for accessibility.

2019-12-14 20:44:47

Hi.

I'  currently abit lost.

Where would I put stuff like the ps2 bios for the emulator? I only have the dll files for the pluggins and no designated emulator folder for ps2 and the like.

Greetigns Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-12-14 20:47:08

hello
@80: by default as far as i can understand, you must put all bios into retroarch\system folder

let's rock!

2019-12-14 20:48:25

First off, this is really cool. But I have a question, why the translate site, instead of using windows OCR? I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to get my games to talk and didn't even see the AI thing right off the bat, and then when I found out I had to do a bunch of other setting up, I kinda quit playing around with it. But I will probably go make one of those accounts on that site.
Also, to the people have issues playing some games, remember, that to play a ps2 game, or any newer gen system, that your computer is gonna have to be sufficiently powerful enough to run them. Don't think that your gonna be able to fire up that old xp machine and play ps2 games, cause it's not gonna work, I suppose if you disable the graphics, it might help with performance, but I personally have my graphics enabled.
Also, I have beaten final fantasy 7 multiple times, with sighted help walking around the world map, combat and pretty much everything else is doable. I used to level at night after they left to go home, and then the next day we would continue with the game, those were the days. That chrono trigger post reminded me haha.

2019-12-14 21:36:18

I have a big problem. I switched my operating system back to windows, and got retroarch installed and accessibility reading just fine. When I go to load a game, it crashes and does not give me any reason why. It simply crashes. This happens on any game I try to load, regardless. I tried watching a youTube video, but it was not clear on what to do to prevent the program from crashing. I have even tried my own research and got nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! Here is the link to the youTube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ERxhn6ikVk

Phoenix

2019-12-14 21:42:09

Hi.

Is there any way how I can improve game performance? especially PS2 games?
they work and start up fine, I do have audio crackling issues and I don't know if gameplay is also hindered, but I suppose it is.

Anything I can do about it?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-12-14 22:21:47

Hello folks. I might be missing something, but despite all the valuable tips, I can not put the ztranslate to work. Can someone post a guide or something?
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2019-12-14 22:55:30

@Haramir:

Basically you need to make an account on ztranslate.net
After that go to settings and copy the API-key (if i am wrong correct me please)
and add it to the link like:
http://ztranslate.net/service?api-key=<YOURKEY>
And put it in teh AI service url (for some reason paste is not working there)

Set the shortcut to the AI service in settings>imput>keybindings (?)
For some reason this key is not saving and I need to set it everytime when I am launching Retroarch

BTW, my problem with crashes solved for some reason after multiple crashes lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-12-14 23:16:31

Okay, now I are really frustrated. Retroarch still keeps crashing upon me loading a rom. I have the core updated and everything. What do I need to do to stop this?

Phoenix

2019-12-14 23:47:52

iT is strange because I ditn create any account there and dint copy any api key but it works when I will press my hot key for using ai recognition.

2019-12-15 00:47:29

It's working because you're using the public account.  Make sure that you don't set settings>drivers>video to null, I've noticed that if you do that the whole program crashes.  Remember also that if you need to you can wipe %appdata%\retroarch\retroarch.cfg if you want to start over.    TO the people who are trying roms, are you trying other cores?  Remember that most systems have different cores for systems, so you may need to play more with drivers under settings to get things to work as they should.

2019-12-15 03:54:57 (edited by phoenix1991 2019-12-15 03:55:29)

well, I switched back to linux, as Retroarch works better there. Now I have a new issue. I cannot get cheats to work, specifically Super Smash Bros. for the N64. Here is what I do to try to get them to work.
From the main menu, I select Load Core.
I choose Mupen64Plus Next.
After that, I go to import content.
I choose Super Smash Bros.
Back in the main menu, I choose to play Super Smash Bros.
From the Quick Menu, I choose Run.
While the game is loading, I press F1  to bring up the menu.
Back in the Quick Menu, I choose cheats.
In the Cheats menu, I select Load Cheat File. This is after I have downloaded the cheats from the online updater.
Back in the Cheats Menu, I choose a cheat, specifically Have All Characters.
I press the right or left arrow keys, does not matter which, to enable it.
I enable the apply after toggle and apply upon game load.
I select apply changes.
After all that, I reset the game. When I go to, let's say, Training Mode, I try to choose to play as one of the hidden characters, only to get the normal error sound that the character is not there. What do I need to do to properly activate these cheats? Thank you! Note that I have tried other N64 cores to no avail.

Phoenix

2019-12-15 04:10:03 (edited by Socheat 2019-12-15 04:10:29)

This seems to be a stupid question but, do I need play station or whatever in order to run these?

2019-12-15 08:01:36

Unfortunately, I too am suffering from the speech latency issue here on windows 10.  I have a delay of about 3-5 seconds, so doing anything is pretty much impossible at this point.  I also noticed that it's ignoring Narrator's set voice and also the default SAPI 5 voice, which is somewhat unfortunate but tolerable.
Still a neat little thing I can't wait to play around with more once these issues are ironed out.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2019-12-15 10:11:07

I need help getting the accessibility mode turn on. I downloaded the nightly version.
However when I run it I can't get the accessibility mode turn on. I even had someone sighted to look at my Windows screen and they said that nothing is happening when I try to move around the program.
There is no menus coming up. The only thing that shows on the screen is something about playstation. When is the stable version comeing out?

2019-12-15 12:33:51

look at retroarch.cfg file and edit first line
accessibility enable change to to true.
Save chages and restart program it shuld works.

2019-12-15 13:44:55

How do you edit the config file?

2019-12-15 14:35:38

with notepad?

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-12-15 14:37:27

Okay, so...

Devin, you got any info on when 1.8.2 will be released?

Also, does anyone have a good PS2 core? Play runs slowly out of the box, I was trying several PS2 games I own, and all run sloooooooooowly

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-12-15 14:45:20

I think that's the only ps2 core

2019-12-15 14:54:50

Hi.

Two thing here.

Firstly regarding the AI, not taking the emulator frontend into account, what would be the advantage of the AI against using NVDA and the windows OCR to find out what's on the screen?

As far as I understand, the speach of the AI is delaied and it basically tells you the same as OCR.

Or am I missing something obvious here?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-12-15 14:55:39

I believe the AI does a better job of being tuned for video game text.