2020-01-03 06:19:03

Hi all.
I’ve downloaded the ppsspp master and coppied the assets folder however some of the games is still doesn’t work for me, like in riviera I still can’t pass the language selection screen. I’ve chosen a language, but after that the game is still not working.
Also, how do I coppy the memmory cards so I can continue the game from the last saved data?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-01-03 06:21:48

make sure you're copying the contents of the assets folder, not the assets folder itself. For example you should have a %appdata%/RetroArch/system/ppsspp/ folder which contains flash0, lang, etc.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2020-01-03 06:35:50

For anyone who doesn't know yet, Brandon Cole has begun using Retroarch in his streams. He broke his limits even more than I probably ever will by tackling Dissidia Duodecim's story mode head on, and even finished, I think, the first chapter of the 12th cycle. I mean, it took a good 5 minutes to find each gateway, but hopefully Retroarch can make parts like that open world map thing easier:

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/9920

Follow him on Twitter, @superblindman, for more on his streams. He's definitely inspired me to work harder on story mode of 012, which I thought was pretty impossible until I heard him actually do it.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-01-03 07:23:43

Yep, he's officially reached the point I'm at in the story.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-01-03 09:05:35

@stewi, i’ve coppied all contents of the assets folder to retroarch/system/ppsspp however it still didn’t work. Some game allows me to go in to the main menu but when clicking new game the program suddenly stopped responding

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2020-01-03 09:25:57

Wow how would retroarch make the story of 012 playable? I mean how would it help in finding the gateways? There comes a point later on where you will have to destroy several things before you can enter the gateway and you have to find each one. Right now 012 is sitting on my vita waiting till I have the patience to tackle it again.

2020-01-03 15:30:16

It just requires a lot of patience. Brandon has completed the game on actual hardware.

2020-01-03 19:33:42

Yep, lots and lots of patience. I can't wait to see how he blows us away with Rivierra tonight.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-01-03 20:01:40

So, I don't know what system y'all use to explore open maps, but I just spent like 10 minutes on the first tutorial map and all I could find were other people, not the gates. Ah well, I'll just do battles and stuff and wait for further accessibility.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-01-03 22:28:05

If anyone wants to contribute money to add further accessibility in games, like the way Pokemon Chrystal Access works, please pitch in at:

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/862 … into-games

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-01-04 01:07:10

There is a disassembly for the first phantasy star on master system. Wonder if someone can do something with it.

My brother says that the free roaming sections in 012 are from 3d perspective, so up is forward, side is to turn. Maybe that will help in exploring.

2020-01-04 04:15:26

omfg I would love an accessible phantasy star

2020-01-04 16:50:42

Hi.
I have a strange problem with retro arch.
When I want to play fate unlimited code it works really fine, but when I want to run another game for psp called dissidia final fantasy, I see a strange think.
After running the game there is a propably black screen because ocr sees nothing but after pressing a confirmation key the menu shows, but after selecting new game retro arch is crassing.
When I am running this on ppsp emulator it works fine but no in there.
I have tried to change all drivers in video and audio settings but it doesnt helps me.
I dont understand this stupid think why fate unlimited code is working but dissidia fantasy crashes after starting a new game.
I have installed a core and all components needed to running these games.
This is really flustrating.

2020-01-04 18:31:13

Have you copied the contents of the assets folder from the ppsspp source into the retroarch system folder? Put them in a folder called ppsspp. Don't copy the folder itself, just hte contents.

2020-01-04 23:27:19

oh no I have copied folder I will try that

2020-01-04 23:37:36

thanks I have copied that and it works.

2020-01-05 00:12:00

So my question is: How do we obtain content; namely, games to play with cores? Do I just download it from somewhere, save it to the content directory and then import it? If there's a numbered post in this topic you can just tell me that so I can jump to it. Sorry...I know this is a dumb question. Thanks for your time.

Who we are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to God.

2020-01-05 00:28:18

@317, you have to download the ROMS individually or dump the disk.
After that you choose load content on retroarch then select the path where the game is stored on. Once you’ve opened a game, you’ll have a choice of suggested cores, then press enter to play

2020-01-05 07:00:44

@318 Thx!

Who we are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to God.

2020-01-05 08:42:58

No problem

2020-01-05 20:20:40

@280, give this a try. This should do exactly what you're looking for.
Looks like the original site for this is gone.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9849bc8iuzyf8 … 2.exe?dl=1

2020-01-06 01:01:34

I am using the default set up for the Xbox one controller. I am wondering what button do I need to press to change the difficulty of the Atari 2600?
I know on the actual console there was a switch that you would do that with.

2020-01-06 17:59:13

#321: is there something like that for Mac?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-01-06 20:23:47

Would Audio Hijack Pro do it?

2020-01-06 22:37:00

hmm, maybe. I'd hate to spend that kind of money, but I'll see.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me