2020-10-10 22:27:04

hey there Ironcross. Could you post here what things you configured in srik's soundpack, to make it more friendly? It could be useful for those who find it difficult to use. Thanks.

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2020-10-10 22:51:14

Removing those plugins minus the mapping stuff, under global, setting the alt keys to get to the menu. You can get to global without having to mess about with objnav with CTRL+ALT+G. Window maximized yes, alt does not show menu uncheck. Also under output, hit ALT+L which unchecks the show line number info which you really really won't want.

Here's an unwelcome thing. I thought I'd gotten to the bottom of why things were being selected, but if I turn command echo off from the display menu, it no longer appends to my history, which kind of sort of really sucks.

Also in global, the F1--F6 macros under I think general. Good for two reasons. First it stops it from launching then failing to launch help if you mistakenly tap F1... secondly,  well... more macros.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-11 00:48:24

OK, figured out how to retain your command history while at the same time not having the last output automatically selected... FWIW!!!!! That shit was driving me crazy! I can't see why anyone would want that as you could just hit CTRL+R for the same effect but... at least it's gone now.

What you do is check the display menu on the toolbar and make sure no command echo is not checked, if it is, hit endter and you're good. Next, go to game > commands and tab to autocomplete commands. Turn that shit the heeeeeeeeeell off! then save your world as commands is part of the per world options. Hit CTRL+S to save.

After playing for about three hours without my command history since the selection thing was absolutely intolerable, I think I'm gonna take a long pull off my rum straight from the bottle tongue

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-11 23:42:04

ahh I see. The actual playing of the sounds is something I still don't have all the know-how for. This uses a slightly modified version of the 'Play Random Sound' plugin Nicker Gammon wrote for MUSHclient. It plays a sound file at random from a specified folder. There is a bit of code in that for handling multiple sounds at once. But yeah it cuts out when you switch windows - which might be disruptive for some more than others.

The DoAfterSpecial events I think should be pretty few. The one I can remember doing is for attaching a 'draw weapons' sound when you draw two weapons at the same time. I don't like using them too much, because they're just like little timers, but it was the quickest fix I could think of.

With the new line issues, I have gotten around most of them by doing the following on the MUD:
'toggle line-length max'
and
'toggle prompt none'

Toggle prompt none will remove the MUD's prompt symbol from the start of some lines. But there are times when you still get split lines.

Once you've got your global preferences set up correctly for VI I'd been keen to use them to update the download. They are stored in the MUSHclient.ini file in the MUSHclient directory if you want to send that my way on discord, or just tell me what you've changed and I'll make the edits.

2020-10-12 00:31:49

OK, I sent you a zip of the two files, the ini and the mcl because some changes had to be made to the world as well. Lua audio is nice and you can set up things to run without timers in the game. SO it exposes through the ppi API and in the first few lines set up like this

require "wait"
PPI = require("ppi")
ppi = PPI.Load("aedf0cb0be5bf045860d54b7")
path = (GetInfo(56).."/worlds/cogg/sounds/")

That is an example from another MUD that I have made a pack for. After that, you can either call ppi.play() directly, or wrap around it with a function that takes a table and parses the args. It needs the path to the sound, whether or not to loop, the pan and the volume. I make a variable to control that, but you can also make several, which you alreayd have done for the categories you have made.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-12 01:13:34

Something more than just the prompt line is going on though. I did set those settings just a while ago, but it didn't really affect anything. Also, this was never happening in my dead stock world. It's pretty much 100% observable by using the hack special with an axe. Some others do this some of the time. It's like the partial text is being removed.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-12 02:32:08

oh, is it a health message that's splitting the line?

I think this could be an issue with using the Note function to print messages in the output window. They fire when GMCP health or mana changes.

2020-10-12 02:54:00

Yeah I think most of the time it's related to health messages. Wonder if those could be buffered into their own thing or something. Not really familiar with GMCP.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-14 00:24:53

Man I need some better weapons or a shield but I don't see these. How can I get my hands on a skull cracker...

Also fuck's sakes I'm embarrassed. I died and the first time dude comes to save me, gives me back all my shit and uh... I ummm. I'm here with other people at a temple with no damn clothes on. I saw the stuff in my inv and was like OK its all here but didn't notice it wasn't on me... christ almighty. In a hack 'n slash, who cares. In a MUSh where you're basically RPing sex / BDSM scenes, who cares. In an RPI though.... uuuuugh!

Anyone want to gang up and fight together? Geas has one of my favorite combat systems in that regard because we can all take our positions with pikemen / archers / casters further back.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-14 01:06:39 (edited by moaddye 2020-10-14 01:10:39)

@59, what's your character on there?
mine aren't very advanced but I think we could fight anyways

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-10-14 01:34:24

He's a dwarf named Benghan.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-14 02:02:53 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2020-10-14 03:45:33)

So shit you hunt remembers you even if you go away for a while. I'm gonna die again and like your wounds are bleeding heavily, don't ignore this... yeah well buddy what exactly would you like me to do about it?

Even after death the same thing happens looking for my stuff. Yeah OK that's ridiculous. I don't agree with the whole animal remembering you after a long time, but I can accept that. This though, it's ridiculous.

No helpfiles on how to heal yourself, no way to get my stuff because of this damn boar being everywhere I'm trying to be and just about one shotting me. Nothing on how to stop bleeding other than to wait it out and hope you don't die. Now I remember some of the reasons why I stopped playing this. Because you're just supposed to know all these things.

And to top things off, now I can't even get back to my place with the bank because those damn boars are on the path. FML. That's one hell of a punishment to put on a newbie. That would be like me going on a MUD that I have a powerful character on and just spam killing players. Every time they tried to get their stuff, I'd be waiting to just kill them again. It's stupid. In all the years this game has been around, why has nothing been done about that.

Basically had to re-provision... a good chunk of the money I had saved up... Very annoying.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-14 06:26:59

stop hunting all, will help with that issue about creatures remembering you. it works once you walk away. As for healing, you don't wait:) Command is aid. But to aid, you must leave the area, or room.

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2020-10-14 08:25:19 (edited by moaddye 2020-10-14 08:25:42)

@61, just type aid to try and bandage your bleeding wounds.
type rest, or sleep if you want to regenerate just hp
also yes type stop hunting all

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-10-14 15:04:22

OK. Very odd indeed, especially when you type hunt on its own and it says you hunt nothing.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-22 04:41:39

Not sure if this topic is still active, but I'm trying to create a character and when I type y for yes, it says that the name is invalid.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2021-02-22 17:53:38

don't use the client to make a char. it won't work right.

2021-02-23 02:06:52

Thanks. I'll try the site.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2021-02-24 13:16:49

Having a problem changing the settings with Geez.

The soundpack has disabled the alt  key, so I can't  access any of the menus to change the options so it doesn't select everything I type.

Any ideas?  This  is only for the Geez soundpack, all other soundpacks  don't do this.