2009-08-25 14:14:09

hi, i would like to ask, if are here some linux users. if yes, can u advice me? how to effectively install ubuntu? i have only on cd ubuntu ) its quite slow. so, the orca stops speak. what to do? thanks,. and the last, which distributions of linux are usable for blind? similar as with ubuntu? thanks. again.
michal8.10 intrepidybex. when i run the installer,in live mode(i dont want to install it in to a windows

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-08-25 15:29:36

I thought from my digging that gnome, the GUI itself, included orca as a part of itself. However I had heard that ubuntu was one of the more accessible. I don't use linux though, tried it briefly but didn't get on with it.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-08-25 18:17:39 (edited by Ryan Smith 2009-08-25 18:19:08)

There is a Linux distribution based of Ubuntu called Vinux, formerly known as Vibuntu. It's Ubuntu re-mastered for the blind . You can download it here:
http://vinux.org.uk/

The Alpha version is based on Debian, while the Latest release is based off of Ubuntu.

You may consider using a VM (Virtual Machine) if you don't want to use the live cd or re-format your hard drive using ext3. A good VM program is VirtualBox: www.virtualbox.org

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website