2019-11-14 01:02:16 (edited by queenslight 2019-11-16 03:40:13)

Hey peeps,

I'll make a "proper" intro later. In short though, I now have a "Referbished" Thinkpad X240 I bought from "New Egg," which came to my door step on the 9th of November 2019. The seller price was 234 USD (41% off of the original 399 price), after tax and shipping being 251 USD.

NB. Odyssey Computers was the seller.

Specs include a 12.5 inch 1366/768 touch screen, Intel Core I5 processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 2 USB 3.0 Ports (one of them being an "always on" port), full size SD card reader, Ethernet Port, Duel band AC Wifi, and Windows 10 Pro.
Ah, almost forgot, it came with "Two" batteries! I normally don't use battery power with this thing, though I can swap out the second battery out for a new one at any time. Only when the second battery falls to 0% does the "internal" battery start falling down.

Oh and before ya ask, this PC was "factory reset" when I turned it on and Cortana showed her lovely self through the "Dolby " Speakers.

Now if ya shall excuse me, time to grab the "Accessible DOS" games package from the "Jinux Repositories!"

PS. Ever wanted to try out the "jinux Operating System" but prefer "VMWare Player" instead of "Virtualbox?" ya can "finally"  do so!

Grab the latest ISO, from right here!
Note that the "Virtualbox Appliance" file, hasn't been updated to reflect the latest ISO, now at 941MB in size.

2019-11-14 23:11:33

Well you are in luck.
lenovo systems can be customised a lot.
You can probably buy bits for it and do it yourself.
I have not brought one of these but some of them you can replace ram, drives, most of the devices, batteries and just about everything even the cpu, screen, etc.
On the desktops you can even replace lights, case and board, so if you know what you are doing and can get the bits you probably can do almost anything with it.

2019-11-15 01:22:38

Ya know?

I later on will place links up in the intro post, to playlists, guides, and the like about thinkpads.

Many people for some reason prefer Thinkpads (or Dells for that matter,) with the "physical" mouse buttons. Honestly though, for me it ain't an issue! It is just like the mouse pad I have on my Acer Chromebook 11, thus no regrets!

Ubuntu runs "flawlessly" in a VM on here, same with Jinux which I mentioned above).
Hmm, I need to try "Debian 10" on this thing.