2019-11-02 17:34:31

There have been a ton of people repeatedly asking people to buy games for them. Can we please make a rule about people asking for free stuff? It's getting ridiculous.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-11-02 17:44:23

I am happy that people are asking for someone to buy a game rather than just pirating it, but I do think it is getting out of hand.

2019-11-02 18:07:10

I don’t think it’s getting out of hand. Enough said on my part.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-11-02 18:53:42

Agreed with 3. Not everyone has access to paypal and whatnot, and a lot of people also can’t aford to meat aaron baker’s high prices.

2019-11-02 18:59:07

Such as myself right now. PayPal is fine, but my bank account is empty. We had to fix our shower because we weren't able to use the cold water, and that was expensive. I'm hoping I can get some money before February for this new game because I want it, big time.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-11-02 19:02:56

Aggree with post1. Also i would never recomend buying stuff for such people. I won't say examples but i saw that sometimes exactly this happened, someone bought a license for someone that asked for it, and a few ours later this license was spread arround the internet.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-11-02 20:14:30

Simter, you are a perfect example of the kind of people you’re condemning right now. Just saying.

2019-11-02 20:32:32

Yeah I agree it's getting out of hand.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-02 20:37:32

I'm not exactly sure how the begging is out of hand. If we talking about requests for Manamon 2 gifts, all the requests are so far relatively contained to one single topic which is clearly titled. Anyone who doesn't care about gifting the game to someone else need not read that topic. Out of hand would be people spamming the forum with multiple topics requesting game gifts. Granted some of the participants in that topic might be a bit ridiculous, but I wouldn't say it's exactly out of hand.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-02 21:07:33

It's been a real thing  with manamon 2, yes, but I've seen it around for quite some time with other games. Also, consider this. most standard video games cost $60. Just because you want something does not make you entitled to it. I want fire emblem warriors. But you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to wait until I have the money for it, and buy it myself. I might not be able to buy it right when I want to, but it'll happen eventually. I'm not going to ask around for someone to buy it for me.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-11-02 21:12:02

I'm in full agreement with you, stirlock. Instant gratification syndrome is apparently alive and well here in the audiogames community, but since they're so far keeping it all contained to one easily ignored topic, and since no ones obligated to gift anyone a game, I think it's ok. Heck. I was even nice. I bought this guy named Kai who was asking for Manamon 2 his own copy! See? I can be generous.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-02 21:42:31

I bought Liam a copy for Liam. I'm such a nice guy.
honestly as long as it stays contained to one topic, it's not really an issue.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-11-02 21:58:15 (edited by Dan Gero 2019-11-02 22:01:56)

People have not been acting entitled. They asked people nicely if somebody could buy the game for them. They didn’t make any demands, and they didn’t act like they were owed anything. Some people live in countries where they cannot use PayPal, some people don’t have and can never get the money such as kids, which I used to be so I can definitely sympathize. Plus, what would you rather see? Would you rather see topics requesting cracks for games, or do you want to see topics of people asking politely if somebody can buy the game for them? I vote for the latter. Stop getting so uptight just because somebody asked if they could have a game; if anything it makes you look more annoying than the people you’re complaining about.

TWITCH

2019-11-02 22:28:07

I'm not one who likes to ask for help at all, so if I do, there's a reason. Asking for money help and asking for computer help are 2 different things. I think intent should be taken into account before we complain. As for me, I get money twice per year, and it's usually needed for bills and repairs.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-11-03 00:52:04

@7 just lol.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-11-03 04:20:11

At least some of these people will just crack the game if they are disallowed from asking politely if someone can buy the game for them. Not sure about you guys but I'd rather game developers get their money...

2019-11-03 14:16:02

If you're over 20 years of age, have your own credit card, access to a paypal account, no longer truly depend on your parents and don't live in a restricted country, I don't really believe you have any right to complain about this issue.  I'll grant that there are probably a ton of people who would try and bum a copy of whatever game you can think of off of someone else just so they don't have to pay for it, and those people make the ones who are less fortunate and in real need look bad because they manage to lump themselves into that same camp, but there's a way to reverse assemble just about any system that can be used for good.  You could just as easily make an argument for why cracking games is perfectly accesptible provided no one knows you're doing it and you're not redistributing it.  Logically, you can make an argument for just about anything, because no two people have the exact same thinking process.  Don't believe me?
Lawyer: Were you ever alone with the victim?
Criminal: No, the victim was always with me.
The point is not whether or not the argument holds any water; the point is that people will, by any means necessary, further their own agenda if said agenda is important to them.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-11-03 14:18:35

Hi,
I completely agree with Xoren here, the People that don't want to hear the so-called begging for games can just ignore the Topic. One rule that could be introduced, however, is that per game there should only be one Topic for asking for the game, othwerwise the Forum would get flooded.
Another Thing: Asking for games is not easy. I can tell you that as someone who has to deal with thoughts about asking for a game regularly, but very often, I just am not able to swallow my pride and I am also afraid of being seen as a begging little brat.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-11-04 00:04:50 (edited by juan reina 2019-11-04 00:13:02)

Post 18, saim here. I want to ask for it too, but I hate asking for those kinds of things, and having to deal with someone yelling at me saying that i'm beging. I just don't understand though, Why would someone make a topic like this? I meen come on! What's rong with you! If you won't help them, then why would you make a topic like this? People are seriously giving reasons why they can't buy the game, not to mention the big gaps with money ammounts, did you even read all of the topic before you said this? I will surely simpatthise because $40USD is $80 in Belize dollars, So yeah. Next time please, if you're not going to help, then please don't make topics like this, OK?

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2019-11-04 01:17:02

There's nothing wrong with this topic, either. Some people don't like seeing people begging for nonessentials, especially when there are people out there struggling just to make ends meet. If you just had enough to get the game for yourself, I could see the frustration with other people constantly asking for the same thing at someone else's expense. I, for example, would in no way consider getting the game for someone else -- it's too expensive for poor me to be so generous. I might be able to justify it for myself, or for very close friends, but could never for total strangers.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-04 02:21:49

But see why, that's the main reason why am afraid to ask for games. Peple don't like to get terned down, it makes them feal sad, and on top of that afraid to ask for any.

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2019-11-04 02:29:04

It’s not necessarily being turned down, it’s the way they do it that gets on my nerves, like people are heartless by asking someone to buy a game for them. First people complain about so many cracks being passed around, then they complain because people are asking others to buy games for them. What is it you guys want, can you not just be happy that nobody’s pirating the games?

TWITCH

2019-11-04 05:48:20 (edited by DJWolfy 2019-11-04 06:23:06)

***post removed by future-self***

2019-11-04 12:03:59

Hi.

at 22 nope, people can't be happy, they will always find something they won't like about a situation and when you want to change that situation, they will try and find something else they can complain about.

Personally I don't see a problem with gifting games if people ask nicely, just go and read on if you don't really care about helping or don't have the means to.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-11-04 15:04:18

ok so I'm out of my beautyfull country. I'm 18 years old I will be 19 in 20th november so at that time you will give me some cake to me, I have a paypal account and I'm dependent of my parents and a credit?,card, but the only problem is that we forgot that we shall have a second account to not wast waist my money so I can pay that game who I will never stop playing while going back to Panama.

73 Wj3u