2019-10-29 10:03:22

Hello.
Nowadays, we’ve had a lot of mainstream developers come to the forum to make their games accessible for us. This got me thinking, what should qualify as an accessible game that should be added to the DB? I’ve seen so many different responses over the years, from “the game and it’s platform should be fully accessible” to “as long as you can play the game and get through it in its entirety, it should count”. Personally, I think that if it’s fully playable, (not counting menus), that alone should be a huge qualifier. I’d love to see games such as Mortal Combat or Street Fighter make an entry. This could also be an incentive for mainstream developers to make their games accessible, because they would see other big names doing the same thing. What do you guys think?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-10-29 15:57:41

The entire game should be accessible. From the main menu, to the combat, to moving around. It should start from as simple as the menu. If the menu isn't accessible, how the heck are we supposed to play the game? And the menu's accessible. Great. Got past that. Aww shocks. I can't even find the first treasure. Every part of the game must be accessible.

Pessimism is good
It keeps you from making stupid mistakes
And keeps you safe
The heck with optimism

2019-10-29 17:25:24

I think as long as the game itself is completeable, they should count. As long as if they're not fully accessible there's some kind of written thing for people who want the easy experience that says hey, this isn't 100 percent accessible, this may not be the game for you.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-10-29 21:50:32

There’s OCR, plus a lot of games have tons of menu guides out there. Yes, it would be nice if the menus talked, but if they don’t it doesn’t make the game unplayable, and in the end that’s what matters.

TWITCH

2019-10-30 19:44:05

Well, something that could be an alternative would be another database of playable mainstream games, just like the DB we have now.
Same layout, a short description and how playable it is and possibly link to guides if their are any available.

This way we would have a documented list of games and the pessimistes, if I might say so can keep their all blindy accessible database.

greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-10-30 20:28:22

That works too. Either way, the votes for playable games counting in the database is over The ones that say the entire game should be accessible, so it’s clear what the majority of people think. My question now is what did the database managers think? I should hope they go with the majority of votes, but will have to see I guess.

TWITCH

2019-10-31 16:08:54

@5
lol I was trying not to write it that way, but... yeah. big_smile

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-11-01 07:03:55

I voat playable, too.

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2019-11-01 15:20:23

I really, hope some more staff come in with their thoughts. The topic creator reached out to me via email and we've been having an back and fourth about games and such. Although I'd like to say that at the moment, I can not see games like Mortal Kombat getting added. The main reason is while OCR is nice, believe it or not I don't think everyone has access to it, and unfortunately I'm also one of those people.
I absolutely love mainstream games to bits. Look, we've even got staff like Liam who streams mainstream games here and there. Even Jayde once spoke about the old Killer Instinct games on here. But I am not 100% certain if it fits what the agnet database is at the moment. Games like Skullgirls are in because the menus can talk.
Let's put it another way, I do like the idea and I wonder if we can do something, but I don't know if that'll be an agnet thing at this stage. It's kind of a shame that we can't have a sort of double database as it were, but we've only got access to one database.