2019-10-17 03:16:22

Hello,
I have been posting on here, but do not get the replies sent to my email. How do I fix this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. smile

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2019-10-17 04:25:04 (edited by Nocturnus 2019-10-17 04:27:49)

As I understand it, that functionality  is currently disabled owing to some issue or another, assuming that we're talking about the same feature.  If you're referring to email notifications concerning private messages, we've never had that, and I doubt we ever will.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-10-17 06:07:15

I've been afraid to turn it on since I have to imagine that will drive up my email bill. It's doable though.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-10-17 11:08:56

@Nocturnus yes I am referring to the one where you can subscribe to the topic/post and receive notifications. I’d like to see that feature be reenabled again, because I think it’s very helpful to have when getting replies on your posts.

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2019-10-17 17:54:49

According to post 32 on this topic, and as far as I can tell the statement was somewhat hypothetical, there were bounced messages triggering errors of some sort.  I think the post speaks for itself though, more or less saying that, and I quote, I've disabled the option to subscribe to posts since it caused a problem in our host."  Suffice it to say, our lives are just a little sadder today because we must live without this feature until such time as the people in control of it figure out the actual issue, the cause of the issue, and finally, the solution to the issue.  Boohoo  hoo!  Issues!
Email bill?  I wondered who was paying spammers nowadays.  Turns out that money really is coming out of my own pocket...

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.