2019-12-08 14:11:14

i cant seem to generate the document files, can someone help with this?

2019-12-08 14:23:38

It is kinda bizarre that we even have to. Why can't one person do it once, then upload the results? ???

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-12-08 15:43:16

Thats what this page is all about.

2020-01-06 19:04:23

I can't generate them either. I have installed python markdown, but when I type cd docs it says system cannot find directory. Where exactly is this docs folder?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-01-07 09:28:58

hi @burak
The docs folder can be found in the lucia GitHub repository you (per the steps) would have had cloned to your computer, which would generate a lucia directory, where you ran the "git clone" command.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-01-09 20:37:32

I'm currently getting the following error on Windows 10 64 bit:
ImportError: DLL load failed while importing win32gui: The specified module could not be found.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2020-01-10 01:49:48

Try pasting in the following command:
pip install —upgrade pywin32

2020-01-13 09:21:41

Since I want to build a game of some sort, from 1-10, with 1 being easy to learn and 10 being impossible, how is this to learn?

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-01-13 09:32:41

@183, depends totally on you. For me it would be 2 or 3.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-13 09:33:20

Ah, I forgot. Indentation, then 5 / 6 lol

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-13 11:38:03

indentation is not at all difficult. Whether you like it or not should not influence the difficulty of the task.
I'd say a 4/5, but more than anything else, because of the 3rd party libraries you'd like to learn plus learning how to design specific mecanics and features.

Paul

2020-01-13 14:33:12

@TheEvilChocolateCookie
If you know the language beforehand (python 3 in this case), I would say a 2 or 3. If you don't wel, that's another story.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-01-13 18:00:46 (edited by amerikranian 2020-01-13 18:02:19)

@183, assuming that you already know Python, this will be at a 1 or 2. The function names are pretty intuitive for the most part, and this really really simplifies it all to a neat package.
Now, just because you learned an engine does not mean you can build a game. You need to understand how the mechanics work in addition to knowing exactly what you want to build. It's easy to say that you want to make a racing game, but what kind? How should it behave? What should it have? I feel like that would be your main difficulty.
If you don't know Python, it would land at around 5, that is, somewhat difficult to get a grasp of because it's almost like speaking another language.

2020-02-17 20:01:26

I know that some people struggled to get into this because of the lack of documentation. Since I have had some free time on my hands I sat down and created some basic examples of how to do things with the engine. Currently I have keyboard, speaking, timers, and 1 and 2d sound playing done. If you'd like to check this out, the link is here.
Let me know if there is anything else that needs to be demonstrated. I will add on more examples as new features get added assuming the engine gets updated.

2020-02-17 21:08:20

@189
Wow thanks amerikranian.
Looks good.
There are plans for updating the engine, I myself have just been really busy.
But we do accept prs.

2020-02-17 22:59:27 (edited by amerikranian 2020-02-17 23:00:17)

Feel free to include my examples in the official repo. The more exposure this thing gets the better. I also plan to make some games with the engine (perhaps convert the first two games in the BGT tutorial series) to hopefully give people some things to mess around with when coming off of another language. I plan to release some classes I have implemented and am currently using as well, all in the spirit of encouraging others to try it out.
I will sit down and add menu, virtual input, and 3d sound some time this week. I may also try to mess with open al and if I succeed include examples for that as well.
As for updates, don't worry. Take your time, I know how life can get crazy at points. Even if this does not get any more attention you all have given people a strong shove in terms of switching to Python. My hope is that others will follow your example for different languages.

2020-02-18 00:46:27 (edited by ambro86 2020-02-18 00:56:12)

Hi Amerikranian, thanks for your examples, I just tried them and I really like them. Please continue! And thanks to those who developed Lucia! But is there a documentation to understand how to use Lucia's different functions? A few days ago I tried to generate the documentation but it gave me an error.
C:\Python>pydocmd build
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Scripts\pydocmd-script.py", line 11, in <module>
load_entry_point(’pydoc-markdown==2.0.5’, ’console_scripts’, ’pydocmd’)()
File "c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\programs\python\python38\lib\site-packages\pydocmd\__main__.py", line 154, in ma
in
config = read_config() if args.command != ’simple’ else default_config({})
File "c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\programs\python\python38\lib\site-packages\pydocmd\__main__.py", line 46, in rea
d_config
with open(PYDOCMD_CONFIG) as fp:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ’pydocmd.yml’

2020-02-18 17:55:31

@192, unfortunately, documentation is the only thing Lucia lacks. Hopefully my examples will remedy that to some extent

2020-02-19 13:42:26

Hi.
I have opened an issue about switching to a single audio backend, essentially making Lucia easyer to maintain if done.
Please let me know what you guys think (on the issue) after reading it.
https://github.com/luciasoftware/lucia/issues/43

2020-02-26 02:53:29

Do not be concerned, I have not forgotten about my promise to create more examples for the engine. I have added a script showing off Lucia's text input functionality and a script that showcases Lucia basic menus. I will be working on an example using menu2 and will hopefully push that somewhat soon. I am sorry, life got hectic at the worst possible time.
Again, link is here if you're interested.

2020-03-17 11:55:28

Hi, I would like to ask you for advice on this code. I was able to use saving and loading a file using Lucia, saving the state of an object and then loading it. Is the method I use correct or are there other methods integrated in Lucia? Here I use lucia.data and pickle.
X Amerikranian. If the example seems correct, you can include it among Lucia's examples. Feel free to edit it.
Thank you.

The code is like this. Say I have a Player class and an object called player1. I define it shortly for clarity

from lucia import data
import pickle

class Player:
    def __init__ (self, x, y):
        self.x= x
        self.y= y

player1 = Player(3, 5)

#Saving it to a variable
c= pickle.dumps(player1)
#Compress it
c=data.compress(c)
#Set a key
key = "KeyKeyKeyKeyKey123123123"
#Encrypt
c= data.encrypt(c, key)
#Create a file
file = open("save.dat","wb")
pickle.dump(c, file)
file.close()

And now load method
file = open("save.dat","rb")
c = pickle.load(file)
#Decrypt
c= data.decrypt(c, key)
#Decompress
c= data.decompress(c)
#Load to the object
player1= pickle.loads(c)
file.close()

2020-03-17 13:46:23

There are some corrections to your code that I would like to show your

Here where you save the file:
pickle.dump(c, file)
file.close()

Change
pickle.dump(c, file)

to
f.write(c)

The change actually uses the compressed and encrypted data instead of repickling it.

THe loading is okay I guess, it would just have done it like this
file = open("save.dat","rb")
c = file.read()
c = pickle.loads(c)
#Decrypt

2020-03-17 15:16:36

Hi Nicklas, thanks, but when I apply your correction it give me an error when loads the file:
_pickle.UnpicklingError: pickle data was truncated                                                                       
The error is in writing method, because I've tried to modify one method at a time.
Here is my code. Thanks.

from lucia import data
import pickle

class Player:
    def __init__ (self, x, y):
        self.x= x
        self.y= y

player1 = Player(3, 5)
c= pickle.dumps(player1)
c=data.compress(c)
key = "KeyKeyKeyKey123123123"
c= data.encrypt(c, key)
file.write(c)
file.close()

2020-03-17 17:05:55

Ok first of.
Remember to do it in the correct order, meaning that if, when you save, you do picke, compress, encrypt, you then do decrypt, decompress, pickle.
Also remember to use the same encryption key and both open the file for reading and writing in binary mode (rb and wb).

2020-03-18 02:59:14

Thanks, I resolved it.