2019-10-10 01:02:33

23: You act like these sounds are original.
Most of all of you are using the same sound libs. I don't even feel like getting in to the debate over whether or not said sounds have even been legally purchased.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-10-10 01:05:43

No liam, they may not be original, but they were mixed, and he said he didn't use sounds from other games, when he clearly did. So yeah.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-10-10 01:15:29

I hate to say this... but even if they were you seem to have no respect for anyone else's sounds so I'm not sure why you're getting all worked up.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-10-10 01:18:23

Not at all dear. I'm simply proving your post 10 bs. That's all.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-10-10 02:33:32

Nice game! Rage inducing as fuck though

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-10-10 03:29:36

@28 don't use the ad hominem falacy. it's one of the most irksome things people do on here. Your reputation will be better if you just admit to have used the branble boulder sounds or proving you didn't ,than getting defensive against him.
About the game, i think there is a way to time the throwing of the rock so that you hit the boulder, I did it once somehow, but not sure exactly how I did. I also think 2 minutes isn't nearly enogh time, it might get you to like level 3 if you get a bunch of speed up items but otherwise you hit level 2 and then have to stop.
How does it compare to the other endless runner games we have?
Compared to endless runner by mason, it's only got 1 dimension instead of 2, only 1 difficulty level, overall fewer terrain elements, and a much more limited free version. So I think I would rather be playing endless runner.
I also don't think that the game, as it stands, is worth $7. If you plan to add a lot more stuff to it, that's another story of course.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-10-10 08:22:06

Before I spend money on this, I need to know why I should. I could go play the runner mode of oh shit, and I would get the same result out of it. Pits, bombs/rocks, score posting, and detailed stats. Oh shit already does all of this, so there's no reasonat the homent why I should buy *this*. I'll keep watching this though. Add some stuff oh shit's runner doesn't have, and I'll reconsider.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-10-10 09:07:24

i hope people come up with some original games sune enough
yeah i know, i'M just dreaming,

2019-10-10 09:08:53

So it's not enough that you have to pay for 75 percent or even more of the game, but there are hidden limitations like the 2 minutes playing time and such. What next? And I'm not sure if it worths supporting since you pay for nothing except your website.
And Skylord, +1 to you.

2019-10-10 09:46:26

@34, we seam to have same opinions when it comes to games. Lol. Maybe i'm wrong though.
+1, btw.

2019-10-10 09:49:29

Yeah, seems so big_smile After all I'm not that really harsh as many people think, I just think these things are unfair to the community.

2019-10-10 10:10:27

Yeah, I'm giving this one a pass.
There're plenty of people who'd be willing to host your website and other servers for free.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-10-10 10:28:01

So you're telling me that I must host my website with kids who can't be trusted? Most of the web hosts that are willing to host my website for free have limitations that I'm just not willing to deal with.
Also like I said before, we don't take 3.5 days to develope a game and go. I'm gonna only say this once because I don't want to start sounding like other developers on here who constantly have to complain. As a forum we could be discouraging other potential audio game developers by constantly complaing about the quality of games and how there are no original ideas. With all the complaining I see on the forum, I wouldn't be surprised if developers who have the ideas you want to be made come on here, browse the forum for a few minutes and just read constant overwhelming criticism.
To answer a few questions:
Perilous Marathon will receive an update tomorrow when I can get the game to compile I had to change some things and one of those is switching over to https. Once that's sorted out, I will try to add more things to the game and possibly change the demo mode to allow more playing of the game. If you have ideas, they are welcome.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-10-10 11:51:54

Good game, most deffenatly a rage inducer.  Thank you for also thinking about the mac, really appreciate it.
Now as for the rest of you, are we really going to rip on the authenticity of his sounds?  At least we have a dev who is still willing to give us audio games.  Not to mention after all the clone this and that.  And besides, the audio gaming world isn't it like it used to be.  Most if not all of the OG audio gaming companies that we all used to depend on for gaming fun are no more.  Instead of bitching about it, do someting, or just leave it be.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-10-10 12:07:23 (edited by Destranis 2019-10-10 12:07:52)

The problem is not that there's only criticism on this forum, but the lack of ideas. If a person develops a game, it starts something so everyone keeps developing the same thing, every time in a worse concept. How's that for example Nyanchan doesn't get bashed, how's that his games are good quality and unique? And not only Nyanchan, but there are more developers like him. Being blind doesn't mean that we must accept everything and we must clap for things which even don't worth it.

2019-10-10 12:55:49

To Ivan and other developers, I am sure I am not alone on this.  In post 1 when you tell us about a new game, I don't want to click another link to load another webpage just to read more about a game.  In post one, tell us about the game don't have us cclick another stupid link just to read more about your game.  I'm not saying you have to post your read me file  but just give more info about a game within your first post.

2019-10-10 13:08:14 (edited by Tissman 2019-10-10 13:10:06)

I'll just say one sentence...

The only original thing about this game is its price, and that's a bid alarming...

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-10-10 14:00:50

@41 come on, don't be so lazy people.

2019-10-10 14:58:33

Gunna by this thing and just so yall know, I pay for his games, he pays me for hosting his site, simple. but hey, as long as he gets the money, that's all that matters and support.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-10-10 15:18:47

@43 he might be lazy, but that's how a customer can be.

Paul

2019-10-10 15:28:21

No, developers are not discouraged when seeing harsh words about other games, but rather they know they can easily impress us with a simple runner, even earn money for a game that should be a minigame, not an actual concept. In fact, something simpler exists in Crazy party where you jump pits and earn points by collecting items, and it is one minigame out of 230. Now, not every game should be as large as CP, but it should offer playtime longer than run the game 5 times, get bored, run it again when you have nothing better to do.

2019-10-10 15:49:43 (edited by Destranis 2019-10-10 15:50:01)

43, it's not about laziness, but if you actualy want to advertise your game, then it's not how it goes.
46, fully agreed.

2019-10-10 16:04:32

noone really forces someone to develop a game, its their choice weather they want to be develop or not
we dont die if we lack of any games to play, after all.

2019-10-10 17:33:01 (edited by amerikranian 2019-10-10 17:40:15)

I am going to say this with great care.
48 is, technically, right. Nobody forces you to develop audiogames. It's not your job, you're not getting paid, you do it for a hobby and in some cases, receive some compensation for your effort. Now, do I think that this game is worth it's price? That's a different question.
I haven't played the game yet, but by the concept alone, I'd say no. I paid for feer only because it had something this game didn't, an illusion of progress and getting somewhere. From what I can tell from just reading, this game doesn't. Moreover, it seems to have an endpoint where as feer does not, but I am not too sure about that so feel free to correct me. No. I wouldn't pay for this.
Another thing you have got to consider is that it's Ivan's first Python project. Though he has programming experience, it still takes quite a bit to switch from one language to another do to huge syntactical differences. That also drives my point home, however. You typically don't charge for the first project, most of the time because the code can get rather messy and fixing it would require a complete rewrite of some functions, again, I speak from experience here, lol.
Finally, you need to consider Ivan's history when it comes to paid products. Look at BM and TK and then ask the question... is it worth it?
On the other hand, though, Ivan is also correct in the fact that he is paying host fees. Fees that are probably a better deal than the normal prices of the hosting companies, about $10 per month seems to be an average (I am only estimating based on what I have read). Knowing that fact does make me consider buying the game, but again, I won't. Not yet, at least. Not enough replayability, though this game is not the only thing that lacks in that department. Mailman does too, but I digress.
At least this topic seems quite a bit more civil than mine, so there is that to consider.

2019-10-10 19:15:00

mailman and this one are verry diffrent topics
with the mailman, the game has potential but lack of readme, from what i remember when i checked the topic about 2 days ago, but this one is just, diffrent