2021-10-26 00:49:20

I had to use port 9095 too. I'm not sure why the other one didn't work, but after that, connection was fine for me.
I hope it starts working well for you.

2022-11-29 23:32:56

So, I'm bringing this topic back, because of a discovery I made.
Triad City now has an IPhone app which combines the Mud with the website content.
It's fully accessible, the Mud looks easy to play from the app, and I wish more Muds would do this.
The game has also added several different worlds besides the Triad City one. So you could do hack and slash in Midgaard or the old Zork dungeons if you got tired of wandering around the main world.
I'll be making a new character just so I can remember how to play, but it looks like they have continued to add more and more over the last couple of years.
I think there is an app for Android as well as iPhone.

2022-11-30 00:22:33

Well crud. I've decided I want a house there and I ust started.

I mean. I want that nice luxury house I spotted....

But, you know, there doesn't seem that many people on right now

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2022-11-30 03:34:53

hey guys. I wonder how much life sim aspects this game offers? Been looking for a new home for a while.

2022-11-30 11:29:07 (edited by JaceK 2022-11-30 11:53:42)

That I'm not sure about, Jason. So far Ive been exploring and avoiding all combat and such and just poking around and seeing what's out there.

EDIT: Okay there seems to be more to do than I first thought, I'm trying to track down places but there's not that many people on currently, mostly robots

Also on Linux natively

2022-11-30 14:46:48

Wait where did the play in a browser thing go?

I thought it was there, but it just points me to the usual get it on the Play store/App store things? Did I miss something. I feel guilty using a MUD client now since it ramps up the server costs apparently and I want to help keep that down

Also on Linux natively

2022-12-01 21:38:20

This Mud is unique in that killing things is actually not the way to go to excel.
When you reach level 10, you can take on one, or several, roles, and within each of those roles, there are specific skills. That's what will get levels for you and also make money for you.

2022-12-01 21:57:07

So what is a good role for a solo player? I'm eyeing thief

Also on Linux natively

2022-12-02 14:43:26

from what I remember, this game really isn't for solo players. Thieves are good at getting places they don't belong without being detected, but a lot of enhancements and stuff require help from other players to make you a full-skill character.

2022-12-02 20:33:20

how i can connect to it

the torch of hope.

2022-12-03 01:14:04

Point your client to:

triadcity.smartmonsters.com 9094 or 9095

And no. There's no SP as far as I know before you ask. It's very much a slow paced game too, it's absolutely like a life, really

Also on Linux natively

2022-12-03 02:19:10

I read somewhere on the website, maybe in the user guide, or in one of the "messages of the day", that they are trying to add more content and/or make things more doable for solo players. I know that the worlds like Midgaard and Dungeon are hack-and-slash, which might work solo. As for roles, check out their table of possible roles in the player guide. There are over 100!

2022-12-03 02:34:22

I need to remember where the thieves place is at in the NW third

That and, you know, get to level 10. I'm exploring the vineyard atm and it is fascinating

Also on Linux natively

2022-12-03 18:31:11

according to the online forums, there hasn't been a lot going on in the game lately, is there even anything still going on with this game?

2022-12-08 12:43:19

I am thinking I might try and get back into this one. Never got that far but it does sound pretty fun.