2009-07-07 07:54:07

There are an alternative to Z code, that is the Glulx code. This last code work's wit Inform compiler as the Z code, but the Glulx code doesn't have the limitations for pictures, sound and sice that have the Z code.
I play games in this format some monts ago. There are diferent interpreters for this code, but Windows Glulxe is the most accesible. This interpreter doesn't have problems wit pictures and sounds compared to others, but the most wonderfull feature is that the accesibility wit screen readers as JAWS is extended wit...
Support for SAPI 5 voices!
The settin that turn on this feature come's turned off by default, but is very easy to activate from the Options dialog.
For last, this interpreter can be translated to diferent languages. Wit the program come's English, Italian and Spanish and the language is selected ussing the Regional and Language Options from the Windows Control Panel. If you speak a diferent language, the program will be loaded in English, but in the IF Archive and other pages from comunities that speak a particular language, you can download games in your oun language and play wit this interpreter ussing the comands from your language.
For end, the users that speak English can use Microsoft Sam, Microsoft Ana or any other voice, the same for users that speak other languages, the interpreter let you to select a diferent voice at any time, also change the rate even wile reading a text. Wit the CTRL+break hotkey you can stop the playing speech.
For more information, see the IF Archive.
I like include this program on the Interactive Fiction Interpreter genrre.
I will be wait a reply.
Thanks for this forum opened for people on the entire world!

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-07-08 03:53:19

I must admit it's a while sinse I've played If games, and mostly I stuck to tads and zcode.

i did however use windows glulks for a couple of games (particulary the final Earth and sky game by paul obrian) and so it should indeed get it's own page.

If you could please provide some links to the interpreter's own homepage if it has one, or the appropriate section of the If archive if not , that would make creating an entry for it easier.

Also, sinse I personally like to test the various things I write up entries for, if you can recommend an If game in English I might be able to try which shows off the interpreter, ----- that would also be appreciated as well.

I can't promise to be particularly quick with this as I have several things to test and write entries for, ---- but if you can post the links here I promise I'll have a look at them as soon as I hve time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-07-08 04:16:00

The section in the IF Archive dedicated to this interpreter is located at
http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-arc … lulxe.html
There is a web from the autor of Winfrotze, Windows Glulxe and Windows Git, that give more information at
http://freespace.virgin.net/davidk.kinder/glulxe.html
There is other interpreter called Windows Git, but Windows Glulxe is more accesible.
You can acces to the program menu pressing ALT+G. On the options, for a best performance wit JAWS I recomend disable the menu bar, toolbar and statusbar. In the Speech tav, you can turn on the SAPI5 support.
An excellent game in English is City of Secrets. I don't understand the Sam voice, but you can select another. But I am not a native English speaker. I don't know the opinion about this voice of people that speak English as the native language.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-07-08 04:57:37

Microsoft Sam is atrocious. If you're using the free SAPI voices I highly recommend trying to use the voices from the 5.1 update, Microsoft Mike and Microsoft Mary. There is an update package at kitchensinc.net somewhere, or was last I checked.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-07-08 09:48:03

I have Mike and Mary voices too. Also I have tested the new voice included in Windows Vista: Microsoft Ana. Is bether than Microsoft Sam.
But for play games in Spanish i use Loquendo, Nuance, AT & T and Espeak voices.

2010-09-12 19:11:20

The Glulx code is a new format.

I have played most the games by using the Galaxy code.
But during majority games Galaxy code didn't support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJW18IDq … ;Microsoft Sam kills Microsoft Anna