2019-09-24 20:31:48

Hi peoples. Yesterday, we went to Forum War Z as most of us know. In light of that, I had the crazy idea to make a topic where we could let out all our emotions in an unrestricted area. Well, not totally unrestricted. We could go a bit overboard by forum standards, but the mods would still keep it from going overboard by anyaudio standards.
Just an idea, i dont want to be flamed.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-24 20:48:15

This is actually pretty much the idea of the kids room. A place where you can go a little overboard, and you expect immature discussions like what happened on that topic.
Mods could vote to move a topic to the kids room, and the topic would stay there for 1 to 3 days. People could still post in it and when the furor of personal attacks, arguments, immaturity etc, dies down it can be moved back.
People who continue to post immature stuff consistently in topics, causing a vote to whether they should be put in the kids room to occur, could have their user group changed to kids, which would only allow them to post in the kids room. The kid roll would be in effect for some static amount of time, perhaps 14 days. Only being allowed to post to topics that have been marked for the kids room will make the people with the kid role realize that it's just not that fun to post that way after a while. And maybe they'll stop.

I'm probably being idealistic, and I haven't ever tried this myself, so I don't know if it will work. But I do know that the moderators are too lenient with a lot of this behavior right now, and I think it's because they don't have many options which causes them to lean more toward the merciful side. They can either warn, which doesn't really stop the bad behavior because a lot of the recipients believe they are in the right and don't deserve the warning, or they can ban them for 30 days, which makes someone cry foul and tons of hangers on agree and then the admins look like evil overlords who like to ban people. The kids room is a moderate suggestion and  I believe it deserves some serious consideration. I've been trying to pitch the idea in a humorous way but now I'm really being serious.
Mods You gotta admit, what is currently happening, though it's a lot better than if things were totally unmoderated, is still pretty messy looking to outsiders looking in. If you have a messy room, the least you can do is push all the messy stuff into one pile, so that the majority of it looks clean, and that lets you sort out the actual junk that needs to be thrown out from the knicknacks you want to keep for memories, or the niche items you have that have uncommon uses but are still in good condition. That's the same way with the kids room. Consolidate all the junk, make the rest of the forum relatively nicer looking.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-09-24 20:58:41

fair point.

_____

2019-09-24 21:05:07

actually, what i was going for was a topic in which we could just unleash our anger, and maybe, just maybe, the rest of the forum could cool down. We could also debate issues such as the samtupy topic over there. We could have it in the off topic room.

_____

2019-09-24 21:13:31 (edited by soren 2019-09-24 21:15:38)

Weight   i have to get my popcorn.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2019-09-24 21:17:42

Keyisfull, you even wouldn't believe how many underages are more mature than you. Just saying.
#FreeTheWannaBeGrownUps

2019-09-24 21:22:04

It's ridiculous. Also, the whole hash tag is just irritating and smacks of more immaturity than some of the posts that came before it. It's arrogant and condescending, and who exactly left the job of judge and jury to you?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-09-24 21:24:53

Here is an example topic.https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/30820/here-is-my-rage-topic-where-i-say-what-i-truly-think-

_____

2019-09-24 21:26:13

Just as hilarious as the original hashtag. Didn't mean mine seriously, only to troll the original.

2019-09-24 21:32:44

#MoonwalkerForPresident

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-09-24 21:34:50

Well, I have 2 things to say. Well three.
1. I think we should go with Key Is Full's idea of a kids room. We should call it the uncivil room, for all the uncivil people.
2. Moonwalker. Lets stop with the hashtags. Your just stooping down to his/her level when you do that. Just stop it.
3. Liam. When you saw my example topic title, what ran across your head? Just curious to know.

_____

2019-09-24 21:35:23

He somewhat does remind me of Trump@Liam.

_____

2019-09-24 21:39:49

1. Promoting this behavior really isn't a great idea.
2. I find the satirical hashtags to be amusing in a way. About as ridiculous as the original IMHO.
3. As soon as I saw the topic, all the ways in which it would devolve in to a gigantic fire that would have to be moderated flashed through my head.

BTW. Contrary to what people think. It's not fun to have to caution or warning or ban. Seriously. I'd love if all we had to do was unrestrict the new users, and move the ocasional topic to the correct room. Oh and fulfill name change requests.

2019-09-24 21:47:05

lol.

_____

2019-09-24 22:11:07

LOL right yeah, that was my mistake.

2019-09-29 00:56:40

I believe what OP is pointing out is that we should have a topic where people can say whatever they want to say - (regardless if it breaks the rules or not) - and this topic should have it's own little room out of the way of forum members who don't want to see that sort of thing. I personally agree. If there's a room that's left unmoderated where people can air their grudges on others, the rest of the moderated forum would be a better place. Think of it like the projects. Almost every state/city has this sort of thing. The projects, at least close to where I live right now, is a horrible place to be. There's a lot of gang related activity, i.e., murdering, rape, drugs, you get the picture. The police don't do much about these areas, and you want to know why? Because if they cracked down on people over there, guess where all the crime will go? That's right, strait into the city. Now mind you, there's still going to be crime in the city, but not nearly as much as there would be if there was nowhere for people to hash things out. My suggestion would be if we all just try it and see how it works, we would have a better community overall.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-09-29 01:31:43

Yes. That's what I think we should do. We could even use it to debate forum grudges, and affairs. Like if we don't like someone being promoted to Moderator, or if we think a ban was unfair. We have so much potential with that one topic/room. We can name it the Vent room.

_____

2019-09-29 01:56:43

I hate to say it, but learning to live with people who disagree with you is something you will need to learn at some point. It's okay that not everyone thinks the way you do, and not everyone will get along. Learning to have a civil conversation in spite of this is an important life skill. Having a room where this is okay would just enable it to spill over onto the rest of the forum.

If you want to rant and rave about someone or something, I don't think it is unreasonable for moderators to say to take it somewhere else. Plus, that room will turn into nothing but bullying, and if you haven't read up on the effects cyberbullying has on people, and the number of people who harmed themselves or others because of it, then I urge you to do so. Frankly, I wouldn't want it here, I think they're too lenient as it  is, which I stated in another topic.

The internet is huge, if people want to be assholes, go find somewhere else to be one.

thanks,
Michael

2019-09-29 02:13:30

Correct. This sort of thing just isn't going to happen. I suggest instead of wanting a place to rant and rave, you find positive ways to let your feelings be known.

2019-09-29 05:02:28

I don’t need a place to rent and rave. Against my wishes, I try my best to keep my rantings and ravings to myself. However, There are people who cannot keep their rants and raves to themselves, just as there are people who cannot resist committing crimes. That’s why places like the projects exist. I’ll even host this room myself on my own server  Then come on here and tell people about it if you guys wish to keep this sort of thing off the forum, but I am a firm believer in that this needs to be done In one way Or another Regardless of how it’s done.

TWITCH

2019-09-29 05:23:13

See that's where I disagree. People always have a choice, and saying that they can't help themselves absolves them, in their own mind, of the need to make that choice. They can still be held accountable by others because by not choosing to act differently, they chose to reap the consequences of that course of action.

I don't go on your server though, so the atmosphere you choose to have there doesn't affect me, so go right ahead! I have a sneaking suspicion though that when you admin in a way that the mob doesn't like, you might think differently, but good luck!

thanks,
Michael

2019-09-29 06:00:48 (edited by Dan Gero 2019-09-29 06:05:27)

That's just it. There would be no admin power. That's the idea of an unmoderated rant room. Anyone can post whatever they want with no consequence, because it's anonymous and you wouldn't know who's posting anyway. Besides, it won't affect the atmosphere because I would have a warning that would show up for anyone who attempts to visit that section of the website letting them know what it's meant for and giving them a chance to close the tab out if they don't want to go there. Like I said, people need a place to openly express their feelings, so we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. You're not going to agree with my opinion, just as I'm not going to agree with yours.

TWITCH

2019-09-29 10:27:26

I'm not sure if we'd allow a link to such a thing to stay up on the forums honestly. I will be happy to pose this question to the staff list, but I suggest others will not want such a thing being advertised.

2019-09-29 10:31:15 (edited by targor 2019-10-01 10:08:53)

I personally think that's a terrible idea. Imagine you being one of the victims people talk about in this topic. If enough people vent their steam against you, then other people may feel encouraged to mock you as well and this increases steadily until there's a whole mess of insults against one person. Humans are curious what other people say about them, so don't argue they won't have to look at the topic. They will, just to see what all the others have to say about them. Reading all those bad comments and insults about you, I think many would feel completely devastated. Yes, that's cyberbullying at its finest.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-09-29 10:44:34

Lol. Projects aren't fenced off areas where anything goes. Laws still apply.
Wanna work out your anger and aggression? here's a few things to try.
Yell. Write your feelings down in a journal. get a speed bag and some boxing gloves. Talk to a friend.