2009-06-21 13:35:22

I have recently bought a roland juno stage synth and connect it to my windows vista lap top via a midi cable.
I am using a sequencer spasificly designed for the use of the visually impared, qws.
How ever i have a problem!!!
Say i recorded a piano track, then, using the patch knob on my keyboard cycled through to an acustic guitar and recorded track 2, the piano in the previous track would change to the guitar i have selected for track 2, playing the melody that was meant to have been recorded with a piano voice.

2009-06-22 08:38:03

Hello,
It's perhaps a bug in the sequencer program, you should ask the community or the developpers of that product.
You can't change again the instrument program afterwards in the sequencer ?

If you are courageous and if you have an hexadecimal/binary editor, I can eventually tell you how to change it directly in the
MIDI file itself, it's not so difficult in theory, but it's very dirty to do it that way.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-08-03 18:17:10

Hi.

Set the first track's channel to track 1.

TO do this just press enter on the track and tab to channel. Make sure it's set to 1. Then, set track 2's channel to 2, etc. The only exception to this rule is drums are *always* for channel 10.