2009-06-07 11:41:21

hi, i found some empty descriptions for some games, if u want e.g dark or someone i can write description for them. may i? is it needed?

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-06-07 14:08:26

It'd be a handy start if you could point out which games lack descriptions.

Thanks.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-06-07 14:29:19

i will, and i will write it here.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-06-07 14:39:06

ok, sorry, i sayd littlebit more asi found. i found only armadillo army,(still searching for another). but if u want something with ag help iam her. i am ready to help. composing texts, descriptions,.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-06-07 16:16:33

Can't work out if it's a low vision game or a is still playable only on audio. If you've tried it and you wish to then feel free to post a description.

Just don't take offence if I edit it for english and/or clarity. I understand english may not be your first language, I would just be doing it to make sure everyone can understand it including other non-native english speakers.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-06-07 16:33:59 (edited by pitermach 2009-06-07 16:37:05)

I think I could actually give a hand as well, I'm going to start by announcing a change that is sad, but never the less...
sad
audio quake's license needs to be abandoneware now. agrip left the project and they're looking for someone to take it over.
also I think someone should put the link to seal's sl mod to the super liam page. BPC is hosting it.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2009-06-07 16:54:26

About the link, I'm actually going to be rewriting the superliam entry fairly soon, ---- along with several other lworks game pages, so if someone can give me the link to the mod I'll post it.

As for Armadillo army, that was one of the first games I added, but I've never tried the game because I couldn't get it to run and didn't feel precisely right about writing a game description without having tried the thing.

Hopefully this problem won't occur again, sinse these days I write both entries and descriptions simultaniously, so none should be left without.

But if Bucklee or someone other wishes to submit a description of AA or any other game which doesn't have one, please post it, and Cx2 and I will moderate and/or correct as needed.

As with hollo, Talking maze game, and quite and several others, people will be creddited on the game entry pages if they provided info.

Also appologies for lack of updates, as I said, I've been busy with a production, but i should be able to get some done this week.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-06-07 20:48:26

Armadillo Army is a maze game which uses three mazes with lanes that are wide and bright. The game is designed to cause the student to practice and perfect his lateral eye movements, vertical eye movements, searching skills, timing skills, visual discrimination skills, peripheral detection skills, eccentric viewing skills, and eye-hand coordination. The maze is a two-dimensional overhead view as with Pac-man, but is much larger.

Armadillos are over-running Texville. Only you can save the city.

The main character is Tex, a yellow humanoid with a ten-gallon hat, whose goal it is to gather up goodies in the maze and yet keep away from the dust devil and armadillos which roll at random through the maze. As Tex gathers up goodies, he gets points. When he gets enough points, he accumulates power with which he can zap armadillos and make them disappear.
You must clear the playing field of goodies while keeping away from the dust devil and roaming armadillos. Once you clear the goodies away, you move to the next level and a new supply of goodies appears.

How to Play
You use the arrow keys to guide Tex throughout the maze. When you guide Tex to a goody and collect that goody, you gain points. The amount of points you receive depends on the type of goody you collect. Not all goodies earn you points. Some of the goodies protect you from dust devils and armadillos, others give you an extra "Dillo-Out".

It is your job to guide Tex in such a way that he collects all the goodies and avoids being over run by the armadillos or the dust devil. You must collect all the goodies before advancing to the next level.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-06-08 11:24:13

hey tht was a nice description!
well dark I really didn't had luck with AA either, only on a single computer, but it was soled. I'll need to try the game on this one though, but bucklee's description is correct. the game has both sound and visuals, and I played it with my sister so it's accessible both to blind and sighted.

2009-06-08 13:02:12

That seems to be the description copied form the game's main page funnily enough. Apologies if I'm wrong, it jsut seems very similar.

cx2
-----

2009-06-08 14:28:53

ahahahahahahah! it's the same.
but at least it's a description, and it's nice.
lol

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-06-08 15:10:26

It is indeed the one from the main page of the game, ----- but generally I've tried to avoid just replicating what someone else says without any more information, ------- that's why I rewrote all the vip gameszone entries, to offer some inside, impartial information about the game.

What I specifically wanted to know about Aa, is how much of a kid's game it is. It's obviously packman or dynaman style maze and pickup game, but I wasn't certain as to whether the difficulty was aimed at kids or adults, ----- and that sort of information is deffinately the sort of thing we want on site.

Mudsplat is a nicely put together game but it's just too easy as it was intended as a game for kids.

While the descriptions aren't intended to be game reviews and have to be impartial to a large extent, the More information, ----- and more personal information which can be written into them the better.

I haven't actually tried running Aa on my current pc, ----- perhaps I should.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-06-08 15:46:32

that's what I was thinking. Pardon me, but the English looked just a bit too perfect.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2009-06-08 16:18:33

yep,

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-06-09 11:42:22

lol...
ok the game basically tells you in what way you want to go, you can look around to see what's next to you. the goodies are like bananas, strawberies, water, etc. the dust devil is a little creature that eats the goodies, and the game takes a bit to get used to. it certainly is fun though.

2009-06-09 14:45:46

Hey guys, this is a great development! Thanks bucklee12 for your suggestion...

2009-06-09 15:59:47

you are welcome.

f.a.t.h.e.r